EoK rares

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Orikx, Nov 20, 2016.

1. Orikx New Member

This is mostly for you developers. I'd just like to say the motivation to raid is partly gear related and if your going to add in random rare drops that are the same as current expansion raid gear your going to irritate a lot of raiders. Its not the first time you have done this and it really does seem like a slap in the face to those that raid. And while I know we are the minority of players still seems pretty uncool.

Thanks for listening
    Orikx
    Reynen likes this.
  2. Act of Valor The Newest Member

This is the 9,000,000th time someone on the boards has used the phrase "slap in the face."

I raid, and have been in a suit full of raid gear for the past three expansions. The random drops are fine, it gives groupers an incentive (a "chase") and the raid items drop so rarely that you'll never see group players with a full set of it. They're also nice for raiders because we can sell them!

Get over yourself.
  3. Act of Valor The Newest Member

4. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

I don't see a problem with chase loot. I am mostly geared from open raids and used to have some chase items I bought.
    Miss_Jackie likes this.
  5. mackal Augur

I still haven't seen a single chase loot drop, where is my loot to taunt raiders with!
  6. Cicelee Augur

I am also a raider, been full raid gear the past 3-4 expansions or so well before next one came out. I am fine with these EOK rare chase drops being available to group players who may never be able to see the raids for whatever reason they have. I do think the stats should be slightly lower, like 1 heroic less or 100 h/m/e less... but I am not going to fuss about it.

However, my concern with these items is the "rarity" of them. Guild members are getting like 5-7 items as a guild per day, and that is just the guild I am in. One guild member got two rare items within the span of 300 mobs. If anything I think the developers need to double check the drop rate to make sure they are coming into the game at the rate the devs want them too. To me I get the feeling they are dropping way too much.

On a different note, I find it hilarious that I have killed probably 1500 Chapterhouse mobs and 2500 Brother Island mobs in my day and never saw a 30 purity augment. In EOK I have obtained two within the first four days. Go figure...

Random Number Generator FTW
    moogs likes this.
  7. Cleaver Augur

They were told this during beta and ignored it. I was told directly the stats make up for no level increase how that makes sense idk.
  8. Rumstil Lorekeeper

At least it's not a "spit in the face".

But on the serious side, I believe a dev recently claimed it was a ~1/9000 chance of getting one. How many mobs could a group kill in a 4 hour session? How many days would it take to get a drop? How does that compare to attending raids with the same time investment?
  9. Anastasis Elder

If you join a guild on full farm mode, near the end of the current expansion, you can get a full set of raid gears and full spell book in about 16 to 20 hours of raid time.
    I think for a group to get that many rare drops in 20 hours, it is for sure a very rare lucky person.
  10. Ghubuk Augur

I would like to know where they are getting them, because I haven't seen one and I have been fighting pretty steady since release.
    Xanathol likes this.
  11. Smokezz The Bane Crew

Exaggerations... no one is getting 5-7 a day.
    Xanathol likes this.
  12. Cleaver Augur

I think hes referring to as an entire guild. I know we seen 3 or 4 in one night as a guild.
    Reynen and Sindaiann like this.
  13. ZenMaster formless, shapeless

What are the names of the chase loot? Are they only non visibles or do they include weapons?
  14. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

The drops will slow down soon enough. Making them drop more often initially is a way to encourage more expansion sales.. or at least that is my belief.
    Sindaiann and Anastasis like this.
  15. Mediik Augur

16. Zimmzimbob Journeyman

What...you mean they set the 'rare/chase' and named to spawn more often on the first few weeks to entice more people to buy the expansion...surely they would never do that. /s
  17. YellowBelly Augur

One of the major reasons I stopped raiding full time was because the gap between raid and group gear was closing too much. I expressed my opinion and was treated like a bad guy.
    Reynen likes this.
  18. Tyrrany New Member

In my opinion I would have to say that rare chase loots are fine, but make them slightly de-tuned versions of raid items. Not exact stat replicas of full raid items with a different name. An Item with 1 or 2 less heroics on a stat and 100 HME less is still a wonderful win for a group content player but enforces the fact it is a slightly lesser version of what took a full raid to accomplish. My only gripe I guess is that they are exactly the same as raid items stat-wise. Slap a different name on it and toss it into the wild for others to find seems like a quick fix to what should have been a different item altogether.
    Reynen likes this.
  19. Hitty Augur

Chase loots are pretty rare and to get full suit is world faster with raid. To give anybody a chance for more than one way to get things is fair - they pay as much money as a raider (sometimes because of boxing much much more). The difference is that somebody without raid need probably farm for year for his suit or gets so much work into trading and money making that he can afford to buy them that his playtime to attend these things are far beyond everything a normal raider would do. Nevertheless it is only another more difficult way to get that.

And if somebody is whining that "the other guy gets the same like me and I am not so special again anymore" than sorry.. grow up... I hear that regularly in my small kids classes ;)

A little less greed and envy would make a better world... ;)
    Corwyhn Lionheart, Xanathol and Frael like this.
  20. p2aa Augur

If people are seing so much rare loot drop, the drop rate needs to be significantly reduced.
    Because if it stays this way, then groupers will get a full set way before raiders first, when it's not intended that groupers get gear as good as raiders .Between 6 players and 54 players, which ones will get the items sooner ?
    Also, putting it the same stats than current raid gear is just indeed a slap in the face of raiders. All older chase items have been one or two expansions older raid gear.
    But the most important thing is to check and fix the drop rate. Should be way rarer.
    Reynen likes this.