Who else lost characters?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Yarou, Nov 10, 2016.

1. Ollie of Norrath New Member

Been missing my lvl 20 BL for 5 days now... Middle of exp weekend... and burning a krono....
  2. sithlord New Member

Well here is the response I finally got .... what you do not see here is the e-mail I sent to them, after their reply that "I HAD DELETED THE CHARACTER", I sent .ini file copies and logs showing that I was logged in after the 3rd of the month, then and only then did they say they would look into it ....WTF kind of is this?... ... enjoy the read ..

Danny "Dunbar" L. (Daybreak Games)

Nov 13, 10:32 AM PST
    Greetings "removed for privacy,

This is GM Dunbar. Understood, I am escalating this issue to the development team. We will get back in contact with you as soon as we hear from them. If you have any other questions or concerns, please feel free to contact us again. Have a great day and thank you for playing EverQuest!

Safe travels,
    GM Dunbar
    Daybreak Games

Nov 13, 10:31 AM PST

Request #137019 "My Paladin character is missing ..." was closed and merged into this request. Last comment in request #137019:

This has nothing to do with network, my character has disappeared from your servers all my other toons are fine ... Please help

------ Original message------From: Daybreak Games Date: Fri, Nov 11, 2016 7:10 AMTo;Cc: Subject:My Paladin character is missing from the login screen for the "Phinny" server: Ticket (#137019) has been updated with additional information

Nov 13, 10:31 AM PST

Request #138137 "missing character" was closed and merged into this request. Last comment in request #138137:

Ok I am replying to the auto response ….. this does response does not answer my issue …. This is the third time I have created a ticket in regards to my missing character ….. I have not even received a reply from a real person (no auto replies)

Character name: "removed for privacy"

Class: Paladin

Zone: Estate of Unrest

Please help!!!

Thank you

Nov 13, 10:28 AM PST

Dude no I did not delete him …. There are a ton of other people that are having the same issue from that day … that character was not even logged in my other toon was , in trader mode …. I camped my pally to log the other toon in … I did not delete him … please contact your dev team …. You cannot accidently even do this without re-typing your character’s name for Christ sake ….

I DID NOT DELETE HIM!!!

Nov 13, 9:28 AM PST
    Greetings "removed for privacy",

This is GM Dunbar. Our records indicate that this character was deleted on 11/3/2016 while logged in from the same IP as this ticket was submitted from. I wish that I was able to give you a different answer in this case, but unfortunately we are not able to perform character restorations at the customer service level at this time. Once a character has been deleted, it is intended to be permanent, by design.

I do understand that this would be frustrating and it is definitely possible that our Development team may be able to offer more restoration options in the future, but at this time we would not be able to recover these characters manually. If you have any other questions or concerns, please feel free to contact us again. Have a great day and thank you for playing EverQuest!

Safe travels,
    GM Dunbar
    Daybreak Games

"Removed for privacy"

Nov 12, 11:52 AM PST

I still have not gotten a reply on this issue. I have also sent in a request to the docissuetracker (referenced below in the link) … I notice I am not the only one that has a character(s) missing …

I am all access member .. and spend a decent amount of money on DB cash for my enjoyment …. This missing character issue (with no response, acknowledgement, etc..) is going to force me to cancel all of my accounts.

I work in the IT industry as an IT director … and this is extremely poor communication regarding a “break-fix” issue.

Nov 10, 1:18 PM PST

I logged in today and my paladin character is gone ... I did not delete him and he had a decent amount of gear .... can you please see what happened .. I am worried that my account has been hacked .. name was "removed for privacy" ... again I DID NOT DELETE HIM!! My last login with that character was on the 6th …. I would really appreciate a call to my number on file with my account or a e-mail, or in game response while on one of my other characters.

Thanks

"Removed for privacy"

Nov 10, 1:01 PM PST

I logged in today and my paladin character is gone ... I did not delete him and he had a decent amount of gear .... can you please see what happened .. I am worried that my account has been hacked .. name was "removed for privacy" ... again I DID NOT DELETE HIM!!

Thanks
  3. Astley Augur

Now that is something interesting.

If you've got the character logs stating you were active beyond the date they had in their server for character deletion...

But Daybreak's servers are showing something different.

That must be where the glitch is located somehow. Something updated their system with probably yours and other players names to mark these characters as deleted. Perhaps you have the same character name as one on a different server that was deleted on the 3rd? And so, maybe the player database showing character deletion on the other server was accidentally applied to the Phinigel server. So when they came back from the server boot up, the server thinks your character was deleted also.
  4. sithlord New Member

Well whatever it is ... they need to fix this ...each server has its own DB ... not sure how that can get mixed up ... authentication is by your account name and PW .... this then allows you to go to the servers, if your account does not have a character on a server with said name then it should not be getting mixed up, let alone that servers DB ... I think it is something else .... like inconsistent rollbacks not actually restoring the log files correctly or in order to do the restore ... that then triggers a loss of character information. Simple frigging process, just bad execution and incompetence on their part .... SQL and exchange DB restore is no different ... now if they are using something else for DB .. then that is another story .... hell even if it is VM snapshots ... should not have this crap happening.....
  5. Lithien Journeyman

Sorry you are having such a hard time getting your character back Sithlord. 1 day after submitting the ticket, I got the copy/paste response that the issue was being looked into. The following day I had my missing character back :/
  6. Arrissing New Member

got mine back yesterday