Suggestions you think would make the game BETTER

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Zheros, Aug 25, 2016.

1. Llyweilun Journeyman

as has been suggested:
    sortable buffs. either per drag and drop or maybe make a specific buff go into a specific Slot (would help me i am kinda buff )

to the reality i live in:
    i live in a Fantasy world influenced by old School AD&D.
    sprinkled with a bit of "Fading Player base woe".
    garnished with a side of: that would be totally cool and i dig it.

Krom suggested corpse runs.
    Maybe like an activatable item that gives you extra exp for x hours but makes you spawn naked for y hours and prevents you from Lobby corpse summon for z hours.
    doenst have to be exp - maybe some way to get alternate currency. god knows how many raid currency i have Close to the Price of the item i want only to find the guild stoped raiding those Targets. buh.
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  2. runecrow Elder

This is maybe an unpopular idea, but to me it would work really well. Allow two mercs if not grouped. My PC is a 78 Wizard with a cleric merc and I'm not complaining, really. It can get rough, especially with all the mobs that summon so she's basically either standing toe-to-toe with giants, or she's running and instant-nuking and summoned and running and instant-nuking. If I had a tank merc with the cleric merc, it would smooth everything out. Again it's not really a problem because for one, no matter what level she is or how fast she's progressing, it's really just the same game with different numbers. She's attacking something, foraging something, tradeskilling something, whatever. And also, to tell you the truth, I look at slow progression as a way to draw out the game itself and as such, extend the duration of original play.

But just as a reply, two mercs would be nice. Balance it out by making it so only an ungrouped PC can add an additional merc. And while on the topic of numbers, it would be nice to have them add into play so my PC could run group missions. So many missions I'd like to do I don't have the numbers to get the access.

So, that would solve two problems by adding the merc which would then count as members of a group enabling group missions to be accessed.

Okay. Let the tomatoes fly. I'm ready.

WAIT!

*puts on visored helm and begins zig-zagging*

Okay, now.
  3. Avory Augur

I had a similar idea only I thought about having it open up quest lines based on what "level" you can get to. Level meaning, how long you can stay alive, dps sustained and burst, spells only vs melee only and so on.
  4. Avory Augur

lol i agree.

Ranger/Bard = Banger = crazy dps... Maybe ranger/rogue for some backstabinz!! Do we get dual class epics????

Could a Pallizard lose agro and not top parse? Maybe to a MaZerker!!!
  5. Critts Augur

/agree. I could , however understand class switching. I.E. Completely switching one toon to another class and haveing free rain to change back and forth. This switch would only be done in a zone you have to run too. This could add a lot as far as personal character development goes. (This would also provide DBG with the ability to sell more then one heroic per single Toon. I would cringe if DBG wasted time on something like that but I wouldn't mind it being in the game. It could also multiply your bank space a lot provided you jump through the hoops to store items. I wouldn't mind getting class abilities for reaching LVs on other classes. Not other class abilities , but your main class gets better versions of abilities that are meant for that class. So let's say a wizards changes over to a Monk and LVs up then changes back they would then be able to increase there critical spell casting chance somehow by doing that.
    runecrow likes this.
  6. runecrow Elder

Yeah this would be the idea more inline with dual-classing, not to be confused with multi-classing. The idea that you can take a PC to whatever level you want in whatever class, then switch to a different class and start over from level 1. This way you could theoretically extend game-play past the highest level cap. Once you hit the level cap for Class X, you can switch and start over from level 1 in Class Y. I suppose the easiest way to do it would be to choose which class you were going to use before log-in. In the old ways, you wouldn't be able to use your original class until your new class was of at least equal level. Or, you could, but you'd be unable to gain experience while using the first class.

You would keep all your skills and such, but your class abilities would become level 1 in whatever dual class you chose. Now you could do class quests for that new class, and it would add that extra dimension of PC and increase play time on your main. But even now that I think about it, I wouldn't see the harm in something like omni-classing, where you could repeat this process as much as you wanted, eventually being able to acquire all classes that are available to your PC. Then, whenever you log in, you just choose which class you're going to use during the session.

Of course, this is dreaming bigtime. But it would be cool, and would make the game better.
  7. Zunnoab Augur

I don't think it's reasonable to expect most players to go through that. All that kind of design does is leave people stranded in past content if they must do everything to proceed.

Something like Yar`Lir I could understand. For those that were not around or don't remember, The Nest in Dragons of Norrath was not unlocked at the expansion start. Yar`Lir had to be defeated. Similarly group progression could be locked out like that, similar to a progression server. I'm a big fan of staggered content release like was done with RoF/CotF, but a Yar`Lir type of server-wide progression could be interesting, as long as it's not as mindlessly tedious as unlocking Sepulcher stuff in VoA.

More in line with the suggestion you quoted, something like TBM raid progression might work but that could result in some almost-never-touched group content that isn't worth the effort if completing all events in a tier isn't required for the next. On the flip side it would prevent things from being a huge bottleneck, like how Damsel of Decay would have been otherwise.

I was expressing disgust at the idea not at the poster. I sincerely apologize if it read otherwise. In my opinion one of this game's strengths is how unchained players are compared to many other MMORPGs. Trivial loot code and locking players out of zones after certain levels are things I never want to see here. I'm not saying there's anything wrong with someone wanting something. I'm just saying how much I personally do not like it. I meant as in, "no please, do not bring that to this game devs."
    Zheros likes this.
  8. Gnomereaper Augur

Take the original expansions up to Planes of Power and release them with developer tools and allow people to build their own Everquests.
  9. Orienn TreeHugger

stop nerfing other classes just buff rangers sounds fair :p
    Thraine likes this.
  10. Zheros Lorekeeper

That type of content actually existed even prior to the DoN expansion, however was targeted more at Raid Level content of the older expansions.

Awakening Karafym, old school keying content for places like VP and VT, even flagging for Epic quests...

The only problem I see with "lockout" content is how it is handled. Take for example the level 70.1-70.5 missions in Undershore for the DoDH expansion. Most people who were around during the expansion may have already gotten credit on 1 character and can avoid having to request the 70.3 mission in order to get the Raid event credit for Hero's Journey. However the 70.3 mission is a Monster Mission which has always been bugged, is still bugged, and can cause all sorts of snags in flagging in order to get certain credits towards the Hero's Journey achievement. I am not saying it cannot be beaten or that there isn't a way around the issue, just that it is an annoyance because of how it is designed to create a flagging lockout. In the spirit of trying to achieve the credit for each character I have without using an already flagged character to circumvent the flagging lockouts, this mission has with all its known and current bugs has put a hold on some of my characters progression of the HJ acheivement.

But overall I agree that flagging and keying content does need to be introduced and kept at appropriate levels in order to require players to be able to access content as they would be ready for it.
  11. fransisco Augur

Do more to enable variant group make ups.
    Pets really suffer tanking, snaring/rooting/mezzing usually won't help in encounters - especially fighting adds with a named.
    It seems the group game is forcing you to have a plate tank or raid gear.
    My buddy and me both like playing 1-2 chars each, but neither of us likes tanks in eq. We haven't purchased TDS or TBM because it seems you cannot do the missions without one of 3 classes - war, pal, or sk.
    Something is wrong if a group of 4 characters cannot play in the two most recent expansions because they are not a plate tank.
  12. segap Augur

You haven't purchased the past two expansions, yet you can comment on what's wrong? As a hint, you can do all the group content in TDS without a plate tank or raid gear (I did). For TBM, probably about 95%. Yes, you might not be able to throw four random classes together, but you can come up with various combinations and make them work.
    Vdidar and Sancus like this.
  13. skabe Elder

Hate to burst your bubble but did 98% of that content without using a tank merc or having a plate class tank in group. 3 box Zerk Bard Shaman and the raid geared zerk tanks.
    Prior to the pet aggro changes this summer I know several mages/necros that boxed / moloed almost all the content and even after the changes they still can and do.
  14. jiri_ Augur

You've hardly burst his bubble; he did say plate tanks or raid gear. And you're using raid gear.
  15. Danille Augur

Roll back the mage nerfs on live for the last three years and maybe I will actually log in outside of raiding.
  16. gotwar Gotcharms

Many group makeups can complete TDS and TBM without a plate tank. Not sure where you get that idea.

Part of your problem may be this:

When you're in group gear and working a "sub-optimal" group comp, crowd control is key. Controlling the fight = winning the fight.

Mage pets can tank everything in TDS/TBM up to and including lady of life/damsel of decay. That's with group focus (EM18). The only mission that *must have* a plate tank is Enslaver of Souls. Enchanters can also do most of TDS/TBM molo. Rangers can tank singles reasonably well, as can agility spec'd necros with some pet finaggling.This is all in group gear.

There's lots of options, explore and try new things!
  17. fantasyfreak New Member

-another vote for deleting power sources
    -reduce the amount of catchup a new character has to do, it's ridiculous
    -allow every mission/quest/raid in the game to be requested by a single player
    -shouldn't be more than 1 or 2 augment types
    -condense buffs/abilities/AA, aka way too many borderline identical abilities
    -remove tank chanters, they're destroying the group game
    -all old expansion flags/keys/zone requirements should be removed the moment a new expansion is released
    -give all HA's a 12 hr lockout & increase zone xp by 20% from 50-100
    -raids way too chaotic, you're fighting your UI and audio triggers more than the bosses themselves
    -stop all forced tradeskilling, make max artisan's prize and brell shawl tradable.
    -more class identity
    -more old school ornaments or put a blank ornament in cash shop that lets us choose any weapon we possess, similar to epics
    -allow us to use downgrade spell runes from one expansion to another
    -nerf low level mercs, buff low level players
    -open up more tradable augs, too dauting for new players
    -increase tribute costs by x10 and make the buffs permanent, or better yet just delete it altogether
  18. Critts Augur

And this makes the game better? Everyone to their own I guess. Tho I can agree about the time it takes to catch up. If they are going to sell heroics sell them at lv 90 or 95 for 4x the $$
  19. jiri_ Augur

Why in the world would you buy a level 90 Heroic character for $140? Such a character would still be too low level to participate in current content, poorly geared and under-AAed. The amount of catchup would be reduced, sure, but not really by an amount that matters. Bump them to 100 and be done with it.
  20. Gyurika Godofwar Augur

I agree with the first part of your statement but no one in their right mind is dropping $140 on a heroic character. Even the laziest EQ player can get to 105 with less money and a little time invested.

No one wants Old School EQ like Fantasyfreak is asking for because even TLP servers are a cakewalk compared to Project 99. If you want hardcore EQ go play there man. It's still fun now and then and you can get your dose of hardcore without trying to subject others to it although Daybreak will never go that route anyway. TLP and $140 super duper special expansions are the what the future holds.
    Cactuszach likes this.