Can we get an Update on DoT changes , please

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Rayzen, Jul 5, 2016.

1. Xanathol Augur

Gut feeling is they've learned their lesson from the chanter experience and the recourse value will be set on the safe side (ie. probably result in less healing that now o_O ).

Blood is fairly reliable and Darkness isn't too bad. Blight (and Plague) can be problematic but Dire is the real pain to stick on anything.
  2. sojero One hit wonder

I agree with Xan. Bond will probably be much less effective compared to the new cost.

Blood and plague lines are the normal go to because they are resisted much less. Darkness is good too.

Blight and dire lines will not be used much, at least by me unless I have a debuffer in the group. In raids they don't stack with others dots and are useless because they wont land.

I suspect the agro from the new dots will be sick, but sk has the best tools to deal with that, so its not an actual issue, but can help when needed.
  3. Tudadar Augur

If your going to take years to do a fix then up the mob dot/debuff limit to 250-500. This fix was supposed to prevent needing to up it in the first place, except that its been months and barely anything is done. I still dont see why this wasnt changed years ago. If someone wants to go all out and stack as many dots as possible let them. There has always been a sizeable difference between elite raiders and lazy raiders. Fix the outdated limit or the way DoTs show up.
  4. fransisco Augur

Debuff limit change won't be needed after the dot changes. necros won't be stacking old dots anymore. they'll only be using current expansion spells.
  5. Siddar Augur

That's not how it will work because other classes will cast more DoT's to replace the ones necro's don't cast. There will still be hard limit on numbers of necro's that can DoT a raid at the same time. This fix is not a fix at all for the raid debuff limit problem.
  6. fransisco Augur

Good point. It's worth it for lots of classes to cast dots now. In the past soe was afraid raids would just stack more necros since that leads to brokenly insane damage on longer fights. How can that be dealt with?
  7. Vdidar Augur

So far the dot changes have increased damage to my knowledge so why would you expect be necros to stop doing insane damage?
  8. ~Mills~ Augur

You mean like how they dealt with it when now or in the past guilds ran with 8 wizards or 8 rogues or 8 berserkers or 9 clerics or 9 warriors?
  9. Siddar Augur

I don't think they have ever cared about stacking to many necro's. The limit on debuffs is a technical issue on there end, They have said that lag becomes an issue after the current cap is reached and given what I saw last night with five necro's it may well be a issue even when hitting the current cap.

In the end my view is you have to look at issue as if you were making a new game and when you do that you see the correct solution is you have to up the debuff limit and fix the lag problem it may cause. Ether that are reduce raid size from current 54 to a lower number in order to reduce number of debuffs being cast on raids.
  10. strongbus Augur

because they can't increase necro dots the same way they increased everyone else. besides the undead dot and tbm super dot all our non swift dot have bout a 2.5-4k base damage a tick. Ever one else dots they just bout double/tripled the base damage of the dot. Doing that to necros and you are talking bout having a necro with 12 dots ranging form 5-16k base damage a tick.

Remember the swift dot mess when we had 3 6k dots we could cast on raid mobs? With all the dot based aa necros get under full burns a necro could burst at wizzy levels. That is why swift dots only hit for like 3k or so on raid flagged mobs. And you have to remember that was with 3 dots that we could not keep on the mob all the time cause of the recast on the swift dots.

Now instead of 3 dots that can't be keep going non stop and change that to 12 dots that can be keep going non stop.

most necros use between 14-20+ dots on raids, depending on their skill level and such.

To keep us at the same dps out put we where at you have to make say 12 dots do the same dps as 20. How do you increase the base damage of our dots so that using 12 dots we can still do as much dps on long fights without getting into the mess of having the dots so powerful that under burns we are not destroying true burst classes.

Most necros I have talk to just don't see it happening. Something going have to give.
  11. Vdidar Augur

So this still doesn't tell me why they would quit doing insane sustained dps.
  12. Ravengloome Augur

You mean reasonable sustained DPS
    Vdidar likes this.
  13. Zalamyr Augur

You mean reasonable sustained DPS if they have a target that lives a long time.
  14. Ravengloome Augur

Well its hardly reasonable in any other conditions
    Zalamyr likes this.
  15. Kirbane Augur

for the love of god please increase the number of debuff slots on mobs, raid mobs especially.....
    Tudadar and Sindaiann like this.
  16. Jaerlyn Augur

No. Bards are 2nd on the heirarchy, then Shamans a mile behind them.
  17. Kirbane Augur

lol bard dots you mean those songs that dont get used any more
  18. Rhodz Augur

Heh not since swarming bit the big one.
  19. Quixotic Journeyman

Which is why they need to be fixed, of course.
  20. Kalipto Augur

Guys, guys, we're getting off topic. Can Day Break please give us an update on the DoT update?

Please say you're doing druid soon!!! Yes, druids haven't used dots in years. But that's because they've needed this update for ages and ages.