Wizard AA nuke.. Nerf Inc..

Discussion in 'Casters' started by Hellboy007, Jun 30, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Brohg Augur

They're just not part of a burn that lasts longer than 30s any more.

Presuming one can keep up with the higher mana usage, the new version is a gain in sustained dps since it now fires procs and gets twincasted.

Because that's what everyone wanted. Wizards, everyone else : lower burns, higher sustained. Right? Right.
    Sancus likes this.
  2. Manaelil Elder

The brilliant logic doesn't end there. Because of these strict counters requirements which have just been made significantly worse we are completely dependant on adps for our discs. Why even give us discs if we have to completely rely on others to do decent dps? We are just going to rely on auspice IOG Third Spire and Song of Vesagran/Fierce Eye and Group Spirit of the Black Wolf anyways. Why the hell are you nerfing us when zerkers are doing 200k sustained and 1mil burst. Also why give us ADPS abilities? Wiz is a pure dmg class. We have been and always will be glass cannons. Stop nerfing our dps abilities and giving us adps abilities we don't want. Give it a rest already.
    Critts likes this.
  3. Sancus Augur

Yeah the devs were 100% spot on with this one. I mean normally their nerfs accurately address balance issues, but this one especially so.
    Vdidar likes this.
  4. Manaelil Elder

Honestly since they made the Forces cost over 1k mana in addition gobbling up counters I have a hard time seeing how these changes will raise sustained dps. On my char they are consuming 1225 mana each time they are casted. By comparison ethereal skyblaze consumes an average of 2822 mana on my character. That means that these now worthless force spells consume 43 percent of what ethereal skyblaze costs.

I forgot the kicker which is that the forces have 20k base dmg whereas on my char ethereal skyblaze has 90k base dmg. The only time you would ever conceivably want to use spells with low base dmg is when you have a high crit percentage. This is why cloudburst stormstrike has limited usefulness when no discs are running because the low base dmg lowers the average dps of the spell. Force of will now hits for roughly 1/5 the base dmg of ethereal skyblaze and costs 43 percent of what ethereal skyblaze costs.

You are paying a mana penalty for activating these GCD spells. When an ability that was useful before is now useless in almost all circumstances that equates to a nerf.
  5. Rimelure Journeyman

Wizard strike wizard strike afk in pok. Doooooo it lol
  6. kizant Augur

I'd say they're 80% useless now but not 100%. They still work during GCD so they don't really have the same drawbacks as cloudburst. They also don't use up gom so you won't accidentally waste it due to them casting so fast.

After trying to use them a lot this past week I agree that the mana usage is too high. Maybe around 1/2 of what it is now would be good. Especially given the new drawbacks. I had liked the idea of adding more counters to ITC/FD, etc but that really wouldn't help. Why would we waste them even if we had more right?

That said, I wonder what their goal was? I'm guessing they just wanted to indirectly lower dps by increasing mana usage. After the changes to FD/AD it makes sense to go after free nukes. It SEEMS like a simple and easily thing to go after. But something tells me they don't know how to add mana to these AAs without flagging them as spells that will use up charges. At least not without breaking everything. So, it was probably just a side effect. Otherwise, they could have just added a small mana penalty of like 400 per cast and it wouldn't have been a big deal.
  7. Hellboy007 Augur

Wish could get a dev to comment on the reasoning for this change.. it would be the professional thing to do.
    Sancus likes this.
  8. Millianna Augur

It's pre expansion nerf time. My guess is they'll sell you something back when new expansion roles out.
    Critts likes this.
  9. Reht The Dude abides...

Don't go jinxing yourself Sancus, you should know by now that every time a mage talks about nerfs to any other class you are dooming to at least 3 different mage nerfs!
    Sancus likes this.
  10. Critts Augur

Is this a joke?
  11. Sancus Augur

Yes.
  12. Sheex Goodnight, Springton. There will be no encores.

[IMG]
    Critts and Sancus like this.
  13. Sancus Augur

On a serious note, I completely agree with this. I doubt the lack of communication is surprising to anyone given it has become the norm, but that doesn't make it any less wrong and frustrating. If they're going to screw over a class, at the very least that class deserves an explanation. It really should be a process open to player feedback, but given they don't even tell us what they're trying to accomplish, I find that fairly unlikely.
  14. Azlynx Elder

They could have consolidated this force line for 1k mana made it faster casting and higher damage. We wouldnt be able to use it as much but it probably would have been worth using. Its the same old same old with these tools who make decisions. We have to buy aa. Then next expansion we buy them back. They nerfed Mana burn. Ethereals Force 2 times now. All of our discs and chaos spells. Its like these idiots are trying to eliminate the class. There is no reason to changed a spell from its intended form. Its not like it was overpowered. Meanwhile they are worried about us out dpsing other classes in other instances when those idiots are usually the ones complaining and usually are the same ones who cant hit an emote.
  15. Naugrin Augur

I just want to know what they are trying to accomplish. I'm happy it won't eat counters but it's still a large nerf, for a class that is getting demolished in terms of damage output by berzerkers and beaten pretty consistantly by rogues and rangers to boot.

Daybreak has an unreasonably loyal playerbase and they just keep dumping on it.
    Nabil likes this.
  16. Millianna Augur

Probably to sell new AA to replace it for next expansion. Seems to be the normal at this time of year.
  17. Ravengloome Augur

Don't worry when they want it to be caster quest again the wheel will spin around. The wheel has come full circle since VOA Goodluck maybe at 115 you'll beat your pre nerf mana burn parse :p
    Sheex and Sancus like this.
  18. Sheex Goodnight, Springton. There will be no encores.

^
    Dis guy gets it.
  19. Venau Augur

...wonders how many of these nerfs would never have even crossed a Dev's mind if not for the rollout of the redic Dicho stuffs......
  20. suds New Member

I have petitioned to have all my purchased forced AA's refunded...
    I suggest you do the same, as this is NOT what I purchased
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.