Can't log in, says access denied

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Lilura, Jun 30, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Warpeace Augur

If you were in business and buying keys at full price from Daybreak would you be selling them on the cheap and stay in business?

Not saying its not possible to get some cheaper codes out there but from what some people are saying they paid they had to know they were taking a huge risk.
  2. Schadenfreude Augur

That's nothing to do with how they paid for the items.
  3. Freki Augur

Please be aware that if you "charge back" something that is a VALID purchase, you will be taken to task and court by your credit card company! the idea of a charge back is to protect you from a fraudulent charge not to punish a company for something that happened AFTER the valid purchase took place. If it is done enough times or for enough money or ACROSS STATE LINES, it can become a Federal charge against you.

I agree the fact that they are quiet is hard to take I do understand that, but they can not just come out and say anything. a Company will always consult their legal represtatives to make sure they do not promise something they do not intend.

I appreciate the way your post was calm and rational till your comment about the charge back and that you understand that RadarX has to wait till he is told he can say something. I am sure DBC will say something soon if not it's going to be even more of a bad day. Realize they will probably handle all petitions already filed before they publicly state something.
  4. Blart Lorekeeper

EQ2Wire covered this already:

"For years, it has been possible to buy EverQuest and EverQuest II expansions at a discounted rate on sites like Steam, G2A, and PlayerAuctions. There is nothing in the EQ or EQ2 EULA or TOS that constrains where expansion keys can be purchased. "

"As to the argument “you get what you pay for”, don’t forget all the years when it was possible to buy All Access Subscriptions for as little as $15 a year due to sales and rebates. It is not unexpected that it would be possible to buy the expansion at a discounted rate. Daybreak has not posted any announcement or commentary on this situation."

http://eq2wire.com/2016/07/01/daybr...-everquest-ii-accounts-for-after-market-keys/
  5. Schadenfreude Augur

Krono is only the payment method, if you traded a Krono in game for a suspect item that does not reflect the safety of the Krono no more than it would do if you paid plat or traded a raid item or whatever.
  6. Joseph Lawson New Member

Especially when it was gifted to me as a Father's Day gift? That doesn't hold any ground here, how would I know? Not fair!
  7. Kobrah Augur

it only lets me like this one time :(
  8. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Just curious if anyone has checked their credit cards to see if there were fraud charges on them? I have only seen that DB cancelled accounts due to chargebacks which also happen when credit card companies refuse to honor charges. Maybe its not DB. Just sayin.
  9. Slippin'Jimmy Journeyman

Nobody gifted you anything. You went on PA and bought a CD key cause you thought you could save yourself 20 bucks.
  10. oldkracow 9999 Is the Krono Account Limit

People buying TBM keys and other codes for pennies on the dollar through 3rd party sites.
    Then coming to the forums in mass after a banning

Did you think those TBM keys and codes selling for $5 bucks weren't going to come back an bite you or weren't from a stolen CC? :p
    chickendog likes this.
  11. Evolboom New Member

I Traded a Krono for a key.
  12. Warpeace Augur

Not saying you did this...

Person that originally bought the code later sold the code, probably at a steep discount.

Original owner of the game code lets some time go by and you consume the code, things are all good.

The original code owner later charges back the transaction for the code....now you stuck holding the banned account because you took a chance and used a code you did not originally purchase and the person that did charged it back.

They received their money back and took whatever you gave them for the code and you get your account suspended also.

Nice scam isn't it? While you didn't break a rule you got caught by a scam artist and will probably need to pay full price for the expansion to get your account back from Daybreak.
    chickendog likes this.
  13. DeadWizzy New Member

On Daybreak's side they ARE discussing it internally, but probably can't say anything. The CR can't really respond other than that they are talking about it.

Good side: They are talking about it so that means that it IS a big enough issue to discuss with the company/meeting over.
    Bad thing: We might all lose the accounts, and that is that. I know there will be very much less EQ and more The Secret World in my future if this goes through.

Though they probably need to put in BIG RED LETTERS on the forum that Daybreak is taking this into consideration and are discussing what to do on the homepage.
    Freki likes this.
  14. Arvins Lorekeeper

Slurping Jimmy, what makes you an expert in other people's lives and how they obtain a code? You sound just like a politician talking about all the machine guns out in circulation, you have an opinion on something you truly know nothing about.
  15. Blart Lorekeeper

Still looking for the rule in the EULA that we broke.
  16. Gilad Journeyman

Probably taking the troll bait here, but quite ironic calling people idiots when you have no idea why the bans went out. Bans were for anyone who used a code for ANY of daybreak's services. And not even illegal codes, but legit ones off of steam and other 3rd party sellers.
  17. formercustomer New Member

There is nothing in the EQ or EQ2 EULA or TOS that constrains where expansion keys can be purchased.
    Disappointment likes this.
  18. Arvins Lorekeeper

Slurping Jimmy, who is your main? Name and server, so I know which Dbag you are, but if you insist to hide behind your username I get it, you're a coward.
  19. Joules_Bianchi A certain gnome

regardless off the EULA, the entire world relies on Caveat Emptor, or, let the buyer beware.

Daybreak Games <CAN> make guarantees and warrantees on their products and associated wares and services.

Other entities can not.

Purchasing and trading Isn't against the EULA necessarily, but is covered under common sense and the concept of caveat emptor.

"A common way that information asymmetry between seller and buyer has been addressed is through a legally-binding warranty, such as a guarantee of satisfaction. But without such a safeguard in place the ancient rule applies, and the buyer should beware."

Where did you see DAYBREAK promoting this? If it were "legit" don't you suppose it wold be splashed all over the place?

Not for nuthin' but.. Someone gives me a code or krono obtained by illegitimate means, the last thing they'd ever be is my guildmate.

I wouldn't be pissed off at the company, but the giver of a tainted "gift"

Mom will LOVE these stolen roses for mother's day....

See how that plays out in real life.

What an AMAZING coincidence just how many people were "gifted" into this.. Who knew there was this much generosity in EQ? Also utterly amazing is none of them were purchased from Daybreak.. what ARE the odds of all those cheap gifts?

As usual, let's go for the plausible deniability, I am truly the victim of this nefarious plot card and play it as convincingly as possible.

I gave a Krono to someone, a new F2 player.. I bought it from DAYBREAK, you know, the people who sell them. That player said hi to me in general chat about an hour ago. I remain.. Unsurprised.
  20. Yamiko New Member

Yeah my account got banned for a steam code given to me by a friend. If they don't reinstate I will just move on to a different game that has better customer service. It was the tiger mount code.
    Arvins likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.