Why must someone watch the Sleeper awaken?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Cicelee, Jun 6, 2016.

1. Numiko Augur

You could say the same about sex .... some things are better experienced first hand, ;)
  2. Kahna Augur

People are reading far, far too much into "We are discussing this internally"
  3. GrugSA Augur

Can you please not try to derail the thread. But i'll respond once briefly.

1. GoD/OOW is still nearly a year away, ST issue is literally already happened. I'm also highly doubtful that it received half the negative feedback that the whole ST thing did, but that's besides the point so i digress.
    2. They never said anything about not changing GoD/OOW split launch based on feedback
    3. Thanks for making it perfectly clear that this all about you having a gnome mask that others don't have. The "The whole idea behind Sleeper's Tomb loot is that it is rare after the event has taken place." was never stated anywhere and is contrarian to the servers target audience. The only thing "comical" is you feel it's right to wake the sleeper so you can go neener-neener-neener i got a gnome mask and you don't
    Paralyze, Nomos and Critt like this.
  4. Miena Elder

Considering the general theme of the server is instanced raids and going at your own pace. It would make sense to have the AoC allow generation of either version of the zone at the very least until luclin release.
  5. Aenoan Augur

I'd agree with this. If the dev team had their thinking caps on when they launched I think after a bit of previous TLP server research, the locking open world targets for first 30 days at least would have been a reasonable option. You are still get instanced Naggy, Vox, Planes and Sleeper's Tomb, you'll still getting that fancy gear that becomes irrelevant in 6 -12 months. But after that, it becomes a real race.

I wouldn't object to a early release of Luclin it would be a good distraction. Or Maybe just opening up Berserkers and Bsts now. Kappa? Half a Kappa
  6. Aenoan Augur

As far as the GoD/OOW launch goes. It doesn't matter. The casual content in GoD was awful, and the raiding wasn't much better it was fun but before all the nerfs it was a pretty mind numbing experience, almost every good guild after beating or hitting Tacvi pretty much bailed, partly due to just how awful Plane of Time was in its original incarnation.
    I see no good reason not to have both those expansions open.
  7. Tomlyn Drayke Journeyman

The whole concept of the Phinny server counters "The whole idea..." of pre-instanced raiding. How many guilds can down Vulak on Phinny? How many compete with it in open world? It's "comical" to think that those guilds who can't compete to kill any mob open world can get the loot anyhow via instances, but that's the ruleset you agreed to when you started a toon on Phinny.

Players came to Phinny, endure crappy exp rates, lockout timers, no box code, etc., so that they can experience raid content via instances that they may not be able to generally due to schedules prohibitive to hardcore Charlie-Bravo raiding.

The zone should be set to allow players to experience ST 1.0, get the loot they want, as that is what "The whole idea" of Phinny was. If you wanted nostalgic CB raiding where loot is rare and you can feel somehow superior to others based on what loot you have, why did you leave open world servers for Phinny in the first place? As Phinny folks are so apt to tell RF/LJ players so often, you knew the rules/accepted the votes, etc. You shouldn't complain...
  8. Radien Elder

Not really, I just like having a rare item, feel free to call me selfish for wanting an item to remain unique. Gnome Bards ftw. I have no intention of ever RMTing an item that defines my character (or any item, for that matter). Ask any of my guildmates, I'm almost always in gnome illusion.

Offering this to every casual (see the 8,843,249 players with DE masks) reduces the achievement and allure of having a rare item.

Think it will "still be rare?"...'kay - let me show you the 3 that dropped in one clear with 20 raiders present. Every raider will be able to have one for their alts if this goes forward. Not to mention SoDs or Salendrite Daggers. So much for "rare/epic" loot.

Like I said, if it is about offering the "content" which is the point that people keep bringing up, fine, I support it. Give these folks the Warders with Ancient loot tables. But it certainly sounds to me you all just want loot handouts and are using this as an excuse.
    SqueeshSqueesh likes this.
  9. Critt Augur

That's fine I understand you want to feel special, but then this server should never have been advertised as a instanced server, period... and if you wanted to feel special you should have played on one of the non instanced servers....at least that's how I feel about it.

Calling someone a casual because they didn't get the mask before another guild ruined their chances of it doesn't really sit well with me. If they got a guild good enough to clear the content albeit at their own pace they are no less deserving of that really cool loot imo.

also the cool loot IS a part of the content.
  10. Tomlyn Drayke Journeyman

Your whole argument, and it is a foolish/selfish one, is fine for an open world server. That isn't the server you chose to play on. "Casuals" shouldn't have been able to get Naggy/Vox loot in classic or VP loot in Kunark, but on Phinny, they did. "Casuals" should be able to get ST 1.0 loot in Velious on Phinny if their guild can kill the content. That's how the server was sold to the masses. Its that simple.
    Critt likes this.
  11. bodes Augur

Phinny has thousands of players and maybe the top 10% of them will see Sleeper's Tomb in era. Calling the top 10% of the server "casuals" is even more ignorant than comparing ST drops to a soloable level 35 camp in guk.
    Critt likes this.
  12. Radien Elder

Yep... I knew the rules: https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq...ork-and-other-sleepers-tomb-questions.232705/

(here they are in case the link handout wasn't cushy enough for you...)
  13. Kearstin Elder

http://www.eqclerics.org/forums/archive/index.php?t-3408.html

june 5th, 2001 (or 4th depending on timezone) - We were fighting the 4th warder (ventani) and had it down to 60% or so when kerafyrm spawned, and wiped us out. Kerafyrm then killed the 4th warder.

had forgotten about that classic brad line from the official statement:

(iii) the zone is complete and working -- once SOE has patched fixes to these exploits we encourage players to wake the Sleeper.

no mention of "this will turn the zone into a deserted wasteland" or "to maximize usage of the zone guilds may choose to never kill all 4 warders at once even once they are able to defeat ventani" just we encourage you to do something which will cause a lot of drama on the server and reduce the number of raid targets in existence as neither instancing or ancients would exist for quite some time

all these years later and it's still the same policy of the devs desiring players to generate server drama, i considered it extremely childish then and still do, creating content for players to enjoy is such a simple concept, instead of hey guys lets create a sleepers tomb instance but make it inaccessible except on one server for around two weeks

http://samanna.net/eq.general/chronology.shtml

Mob News: Kerafyrm (The Sleeper) awakened on The Rathe by Blood of the Spider, July 28, 2001

nearly 2 months later, the second time the sleepers script had been witnessed by a server, there was no possible way for cicelee to have been thinking in early june in 2001 that "oh darn, conquest woke the sleeper, i guess that must be a one time per server event and i bet the warders will never respawn, i'm sure that it's a one off event like bloody kithicor"

http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/zones.html?zstrat=123

noows/fohguild is long gone, i realize zam comments section has reliability issues no idea what "50 god mobs" are supposed to be, but it's a really lucky guess about the sleeper waking up and death touching both pc and npc in march even if it's just creative writing like cicelee's post to start this thread

RE: Tomb Cleared - almost - Mar 08 2001

14 FoH members woke the sleeper, they paid with their lives, they got a white message saying that the world itself was in danger. After the sleeper death touched the 14 fohs he proceeded to kill every single mob in the zone.

His health after killing 50 god mobs ? 99%

I guess that sums it up, dont wake the sleeper and youll have a great time in st.

i remember noows/fohguild posts about the mobs not having ae attacks the first time fires of heaven killed the warders, which of course has even more reliability issues than a 15 year old comment on zam, but for sure the conquest raid that resulted in the sleeper awakens script took place before bots triggered the script. fires of heaven also wakes it pre-bots, just doesn't end up with a deserted wasteland of a zone for some reason.
  14. bodes Augur

The complaints about Prathun's post were very minimal because everyone believed the server would act in good faith and get two solid months of Sleeper 1.0 as initially agreed upon. Obviously that was our mistake to believe that every guild would be smart enough to split up Velious into 9 weeks of 1.0 and 9 weeks of 2.0.

Now we have 1 or 2 weeks of 1.0 (depending on the guild) and 16 weeks of 2.0.
  15. Kieel Pureblade Journeyman

Prathun's post regarding Sleepers Tomb instancing should have been announced at server launch. This server, since its inception has been billed as an instanced server where the big raid targets will be available via instances. This is what was advertised but not currently what is being delivered. Do what is right and allow the people who have paid subscriptions, krono, and dbg cash for XP potions to experience this content via a ST 1.0 instance as was advertised. Or provide monetary recompense for the monies spent to experience this content.
  16. Radien Elder

I'm sorry you disagree with the ethics/politics behind waking the Sleeper, but all those threads were already closed. Please try not to derail this further.

In fairness to all players, I believe that giving players access to the Warders with Ancient loot tables would give them the opportunity to experience the "nostalgia" that includes the dragon encounters and seeing Kerafyrm in the bubble. I have yet to hear a compelling argument to why we should open their loot tables. The nostalgic among you will remember that these items were valuable and coveted due to their extreme rarity. This shouldn't change.
  17. Kieel Pureblade Journeyman

No. Instanced ST 1.0 should include the 1.0 loot for nostalgic purposes. My bard would like to have a gnome mask too. That's why I rolled in this server and paid money to experience. It was advertised as thus and thus it should be.
  18. bodes Augur

If you actually felt that way you would still be playing on Ragefire and not Phinny.
    Kieel Pureblade likes this.
  19. Kieel Pureblade Journeyman

20. Critt Augur

using your own logic what compelling non selfish reason do you have to deny them the original loot? Is it game breaking or will it cause a problem (other than making you a not so special snowflake)?
    Tomlyn Drayke likes this.