Sense Heading - Progression Server Changes

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Roshen, Apr 29, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Machen New Member

The same guilds that will be sitting out GoD content will also struggle with OoW content. On Fippy the same 3 guilds that finished GoD in era also finished OoW in era. The other 6 active raid guilds on Fippy could not get OoW done in era any more than they were able to get GoD done in era.

OoW starts to become hard because you need your raid force to be able to react quickly to certain mechanics (IE omm powerup mask click, or simon says mpg trail, etc.) GoD is just hard because of dps and tanking difficulties. Since GoD on Fippy, we have had HUGE dps boosts that will make GoD much easier this time around (Melees doing ~50% more dps overall and dot classes now in the process of getting a large boost as well.) Having enough DPS to beat the uqua time limit, or burn down Tunat insanely quickly before the raid wipes? These were hard or impossible for most Fippy guilds, but will be a piece of cake this time around for just about any guild that can field a sufficient raid force.

On the other hand, when it comes to OoW, the dps changes will help guilds finish encounters more quickly but won't help people learn to follow emotes in the simon says mpg trial or click their mask quickly to save a tank on omm, or cure the death touch debuff on AMV, or avoid cross aggro on Jelvan. I'd guess with the changes we've seen, GoD will actually be easier to finish for more casual guilds than OoW. Stuff where one person can mess up the raid is much harder on casual guilds with lower attendance raiders who may show up only every 3rd or 4th raid and didn't learn the pitfalls to avoid the first time (or three) the guild learned the encounter.

Of course the reality is that the mechanics keep getting harder and harder as we progress through the expansions, and no matter how they bundle expansions, there will be fewer and fewer guilds that will be able to complete everything in era, and more and more guilds that will be finishing content an era or two behind. Should they bundle every other expansion together so that less competent guilds can feel accomplished doing "in era*" content? No, just let them do stuff an era behind like guilds have always done.
    Lithien, Bandok and Menthas like this.
  2. Kahna Augur

Better to push it back and do it right. Contested spawns only causes drama and headache, and it is what the majority came to this server to get away from.
  3. Random newb Augur

Also not a fan of GoD and OoW bundle. Rest of the stuff I could take or leave, doesn't make a difference to me. I probably won't raid gates in era, but bundling then means it'll only be hit for epic stuff.
  4. Catashe Augur

Honestly I don't think Luclin is the problem and I'm sure they could probably do Luclin long before its set to come out.. I think just added time into Velious was most likely because they didn't want to have luclin have a full extra what? 12 weeks? Cause lets face it.. Instancing Luclin would look like childs play compared to all the sheer flagging mobs in PoP that require a raid
  5. Thrash New Member

Tomorrow we shall see if the Devs care or not.

But I'm pretty sure they're not gonna go full ARE- and go with their original plan.
  6. Finchy Augur

we are a month late for april fools....this has got to be a joke...your taking one of the best expac's in this games history and doing a double release?!?! One of the main reasons i came to TLPs was to have fun in that era...i'll be done with TLPs if this decision sticks. One of the worst comments ever came from DBG to date.
  7. Weverley Augur

If you expect a comment from daybreak tomorrow you must be living on the moon maybe in a few months but don't hold your breath on that.After all by the time we get there it's gonna be like a year in the future.
  8. Finley Augur

This is not something I want. Please do not release Luclin until real instancing is ready.
  9. Jaymond1037 New Member

I'm ok with everything except combining GoD and OoW. Would rather have expansions that are ready and done right even if it takes a bit longer.
  10. -wycca Augur

AoC are on Test for Luclin I do believe.
  11. Dreddnaught New Member

If DBG could separate GoD and OoW releases by even 8 weeks that would be a nice middle ground, GoD is notorious for burning out Guilds, but the challenge and the encounters are amazing, and definitely should be given their own time lockouts. No one wants to split their attention between GoD/ OoW leveling AND grinding more AA's (For 2 expansions). That just seems like a silly decision. Please either put 8 or 12 weeks between these 2 expansions. I do not see why we need to break what has worked perfectly well on the last two TLP servers (prog 1.0 and fippy). Thanks!
  12. Svenne New Member

I 100% support what Taliefer says!
  13. Glowerss Augur

Bundling GoD and OoW will straight up cause people to quit. That's a total deal breaker and is quite simply too big a change for people to accept

I'm not very enthusiastic about 6 months of Planes of Power either, but I would be able to tolerate and push through it.

I also feel like instead of adding time into Velious, just add the time onto Luclin. A slightly longer still Luclin where people can reroll beastlords and work on AA would be a lot better than extra time in Velious where there's relatively little content outside of raids.
    Punchu, Finchy and taliefer like this.
  14. vardune Augur

i have thought about this, i dont mind oow and god at the same timw but it has to be 6 month's. after that i am done, i will cancel accounts and wait for a new tlp server. might stay until mercs are released then i will cancel for sure, mercs are the true end of eq.
  15. vardune Augur

out of all the expansion PoP needs 6 months.
  16. vardune Augur

wait 4.5 months of Velious, awesome.
  17. malaki Augur

This will not really be the case on TLP, particularly Phinny. People will be in Time very quickly and that pretty much obsoletes everything before it. 6 months of PoP means the same 9 bosses and a bit of trash for 5+ months.
  18. Bazzarac Lorekeeper

Don't do it DBG, this would make GoD pointless, if you are gonna bundle expansions don't do it cross lvl caps, it trivializes the lower one, also the GoD expansion is good, and people deserve the time to experience it.

Tagbranden
    Finchy likes this.
  19. yerm Augur

I ran through pok yesterday and realized how flooded the zone is with new content. Vendors have every spell in existence, there's quest mobs from god knows where, mercs, etc etc. I can absolutely understand now the stress the devs are liable to feel about meeting a release date there that coincides with an expansion. I don't want longer velious and luclin, not even a little bit, but I totally understand it.

Coming forward and either reversing the god+oow decision or better yet inviting a separate discussion on the matter and some community brainstorming would go a long way to building confidence. This is a decision that's not just disagreeable or unpopular - it is so fundamentally awful that people are seriously questioning the competence of you guys at daybreak. Certainly forums are always a bit toxic, but outside here there was a lot of optimism about TLPs and long-term efforts, with an underlying optimism that despite all the problems the intent is noble and things are going well - future TLPs could be even better. Instead, this weekend was just a storm of sarcastic jokes at best to F Roshen/DBG ones rather regularly.

Get ahead of this. If you don't want to cancel the decision at LEAST open this up for dialogue and show you're listening.
  20. Dranix Augur

Yerm for community ambassador?
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.