TLP changes

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Lexani Blades, Apr 29, 2016.

1. Lexani Blades New Member

Is there any talk about a transfer from lockjaw to phinigel server even if its a 1 time deal before Velious is released? I have characters on lockjaw that I spent time and money building and would like to continue on my preferred server. This would be a lateral transfer at this point since we are still on the same era.
  2. Machen New Member

No.
  3. Kahna Augur

Absolutely not. There is so much plat on Lockjaw it would ravage the Phinny economy, and people leveled in half the time it takes on Phinny. I left 3 max level toons on Lockjaw, so it's not like I wouldn't benefit from a transfer, but no, just no.
  4. Majicpanda New Member

It's not a lateral move since the XP rates are different and boxing was allowed for pillaging content solo and other various differences. Even though many may not have participated in these activities, those of us on Phinigel would take it as an extreme slap in the face if ANYONE is ever allowed a transfer over from anywhere.
  5. Corydon Augur

What about transferring naked and platless chars only just to avoid to level them up again?
    I do not have chars on LJ/RF - just tossing this idea out :)
  6. Trackanon Elder

People have asked for this countless times, the answer has always been no.
  7. Machen New Member

No. We don't want people able to level to 60 with a fast xp rate then xfer and avoid the leveling penalty on Phinny.
  8. gluteous Elder

All I see are people playing on Phinny saying transferring won't be allowed. I think the decision will be made by Daybreak and it seems it hasn't been made yet.
  9. Dythan Ban Lev in Plane of Fire guy

/em looks around for a transfer token.....NOPE.

Seems decided to me.
  10. Bandok Augur

From the Phinigel FAQ (https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq/index.php?threads/phinigel-faq.228780/#post-3364569):

That doesn't mean "never ever" definitively, but they'll make it clear when that stance changes, I'm sure. As they did when they finally allowed transfers from Vulak to Fippy.
  11. Kahna Augur

Um, Daybreak has never even hinted that there will be transfers, nor do they have a history of allowing dissimilar rule set transfers in the past. I see a reasonable probability of transfers to Ragefire should Lockjaw's population become unsustainable, but the chances of a transfer to Phinny are remote. There is no reason for them to allow transfers, the population of Phinny is stable and doesn't need a mass influx from Lockjaw, and the negative effects it would have on the player base far outweigh the individual benefits given to players who don't want to reroll. Not to mention that there is the potential monetary gain from people rerolling on Phinny and buying exp pots that would be negated by allowing transfers.

They only reason they ever allowed transfers to and from RF/LJ after saying there wouldn't be was the change to Ragefire's advertised timeline, and allowing people to continue on a longer timeline by allowing transfers allowed them to maintain the subscriber base. That senario does not exist on Phinny.
  12. Machen New Member

Of course the decision has been made. There are no transfers currently available. That means they made a decision not to allow transfers. Could they change it in the future? Sure, but they have never allowed a server with an advantage such as higher xp rate to transfer to a server without that advantage.
  13. Lexani Blades New Member

I have characters on both servers at the moment, currently regular on phinigel. Maybe putting some restrictions on the transfer could make it possible. I'm not saying everyone can continue to transfer characters over but maybe 1 character transfer during a 1 week window per account ETC with only the gear worn. I know the experience rate does give a small advantage but maybe it has to be a pre-existing character prior to phinigel release that gets the 1 time transfer. Lockjaw was absolutely destroyed by phinigel when it came out because everyone moved not to mention the economy went upside down. With both servers being released so close together it clearly effected the game play for people that were on lockjaw. I don't see how transferring 1 main character will cause that many issues on a server thats no box not to mention most people have already achieved lvl 60 on phinny.