Presence of the mighty?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Rojas75, Apr 14, 2016.

1. Deadliest Journeyman

The thing is, if it was just like back then when velious came live, it would suit many people.

But as it is now us the characters, the spells everything is waaaay better than before, melee dps has been upped and we even have some passive AA's.

in kunark UDB trak literally died within 10 sec from spawn, and he had 32k hp as the original trak had.

What i personaly want is it to be the same challenge as it was back then. maybe a little less so many people can try content they didnt get to try back then.
  2. Ducreux Augur

I think the idea behind Presence is okay but the execution fell flat.

Dealing with this constantly pulsing AE is a huge pita for pulling purposes and unfairly hurts classes like enchanters whose pets like to warp to the mob when it comes within the massive range (what is it like 400 meters?).

Remember when you implement this kind of stuff that /pet hold doesn't exist yet on these servers and while taking advantage of the broken mechanics of /pet stop is a stopgap solution the pet owner has to remember back the pet then apply the stop command for every single dragon. Pet classes don't need another reason to not bring their pets to raids, but when lil' Kobeker only contributes 1k damage yet has the potential to totally jack up the positioning he gets benched.
    Rhiyannon and Zool like this.
  3. Bewts Augur

Cannot wait for this to screw up setting rampage tanks... A 400 range pulsing AE should do wonders for that. Curious if our friends on Ragefire have run into this issue?

Besides of course, the breaking of invis, breaking of FD, resist checks that are basically pass/fail and unmitigated, and the returning issue of potential pet bans as they pose new and terrible control issues on a 400 range non-LOS "AE" debuff and positioning.
  4. Tulgin Augur

The problems this has caused isn't worth it. Time to remove Presence of the Mighty while you think up another solution.
  5. taliefer Augur

solution to what problem? i dont think anyone has ever claimed the mobs ae's were needing buffed. they seem fairly in tune with what players are able to get with resist gear/buffs and HP pools. they are for sure not so unbalanced in either direction that anything really needed to be done.
  6. Healiez Augur

Also seems like something is way out of whack with resists.

Last night on an encounter that I normally spend about 30% of my mana healing I ended up OOM with the mob still at 20%. Seemed like all the players in my group that normally resist 75% of the AoE's werent resisting any. -20 to resist shouldnt make that big of a difference. Or it was just a major fluke
  7. Weebles Augur

Hey look, DBG failed miserably in their attempts to further modify a game that most people didn't want changed to begin with.

It's like they just can't help themselves.
    Rhiyannon likes this.
  8. Tulgin Augur

I didn't see a problem with it either. If your raid doesn't have a bard in each group Gore and Faydedar seemed pretty hard to me. I think some guilds haven't managed to kill Gore even with 50+ people.

But whatever we or the dev's think, clearly this implementation didn't work and needs to be removed asap. Hopefully with the patch right now.

Either that or do a fix that stops it breaking FD and aggro'ing pets etc.

Just checked Phinnykills.com, quite a few guilds haven't killed Gore yet, so I don't understand why they are being made harder:

Entender, Sad Dragons, Crossguard, Rosegarden, Cult of Chaos etc.
  9. Weverley Augur

It's just that the coding has been done so long ago that staff probably forgot how to change it.It's like you are use to code on basic and you go working on a fortran coding.
  10. Queena_Brokenhearts Augur

Awesome Job DBG! Another Patch... Another Lack of Fix..... Presence of the Mighty is STILL broken!
  11. Gremin Augur

DHS killed Trak last night with the changes and while he still died fast the AE was at a higher number so we saw a few more deaths especially after he died. We had 7 of our groups with bards and almost everyone reported still getting hit full blast with AE dmg.

Then we did Gore with roughly the same numbers but not as many deaths. Her AE was not hitting as hard as Traks.
  12. Miss Shortcake Elder

I like how these changes make it still fairly easy for a full raid to keep killing dragons using the most basic los/healing mechanics while making it even more difficult for smaller raids who actually want that nostalgic feeling of killing bosses with a core group of friends instead of having to recruit anything with a pulse(of the right class) to fill raid slots.
    Rhiyannon likes this.
  13. Queena_Brokenhearts Augur

I don't think anyone should have issue with the change in AE dmg. The problem is that the Aura itself will agro pets, break invis, and break feign death...
  14. Gremin Augur

The aura on trak hit us initially upon our pullers grabbing mobs from under him. Our pet owners held their pets back, but from then on we never had issue with the Aura. Our monks never complained about fd breaks etc....
  15. taliefer Augur

getting hit with the aura initially will break FD. once you have it on you, it doesnt seem to get "reapplied" unless you somehow manage to go out of range. i have yet to find the out of range mark after getting the debuff on me initially however.

this all seems fairly dumb anyway, were the AEs really not doing their part on these mobs? you still had to account for them, and unless you zerged them down with overkill, they could wipe a raid if you werent able to consistently resist them.

raid mobs needed an increase in their melee damage output, and mitigation/hp pools (rather had just given them more hps than mitigating, but whatever, minor nitpick there) but their AEs still seemed perfectly in line with player resist rates and HP pools.
    Silentchaos likes this.
  16. Silentchaos Augur

Nobody wanted this, nobody likes it now that we have it. Can we get rid of it now? It was a dumb idea and the implementation was even dumber.

Stop doing dumb nobody wants and fix the things that are actually broken please.
  17. Tieyla Elder

FI seems to like it. Sorry you all have issues, we like the fact the new aura can be used to warp mobs directly to us in the best positions. Great fix DBG, keep em coming.
  18. Weverley Augur

I suspect whatever they do you have at least 1 month with those and more if they don't want to change it.
  19. Obsessed Journeyman

Rampage now rotates through players of it's own accord now anyway. You can set it initially by first in range but that only lasts between 1 and 4 rounds before it moves to another target.

Additionally any MR AE in NTOV with a -100 or greater modifier will land occasionally even if your stat page shows over 680ish MR. The bigger the MOdifier it seems the more regular it bypasses 500 resist on character screen.

This isn't a bad thing, more in line with original EQ where resists were not super reliable as a way to bypass AE Mechanics. (I personally prefer being rewarded for maxing resists like a warrior maxes AC though.)
  20. Semah Augur

Imagine the front maze in Velks, with Velk up. No invis allowed!