PSA from Lockjaw

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Kazingar, Apr 13, 2016.

1. bodes Augur

I'm guessing the same amount of loot that EoE was getting on Vulak. New players drying up, raid scene stagnating, group scene sparse, auction channel empty....those who do not learn history are doomed to repeat it.
  2. Syrup Augur

More than twice as much as eoe on vulak, with the reduced respawn timers and extended expansion unlocks.
  3. Tieyla Elder

That would be 4 times as much.

Double the spawns, then double the time.
  4. bodes Augur

Fast unlocks was the only thing propping up Vulak for a long time. Lockjaw won't have that to keep it going as double the time will equate to double the burnout.
  5. Eldrian Augur

All this complaining back and forth, if you don't like Lockjaw then leave. it's that simple. Believe it or not there are some of us that are perfectly happy with the server and the rules. If the situation there affects you so badly then by all means go to one of the other servers that suit you better. No need to continually bash a server just becuase it's not what you want. I play on LJ, I am in a small guild there with people I enjoy playing the game with, Lockjaw is perfectly fine.
  6. taliefer Augur

except its really not when you compare it to the other progression server options. there is no way I would recommend lockjaw to someone looking for a server.

if the longer time per expansion or being able to box from the same pc is a thing that's important to someone, you have ragefire, which is the same ruleset. there has been no indication the early votes will continue there like it did for velious. all signs point to it being 6 months per, just like lockjaw. only with a healthier community.
  7. bodes Augur

This post was aimed at prospective players shopping for an EQ server. A lot of us bought the "Lockjaw" model and our customer feedback is "1 out of 5 stars, buy the Ragefire model (4 out of 5 stars) or Phinny model (5 out of 5 stars) instead and you'll be much happier".
  8. Eldrian Augur

I am quite happy on Lockjaw but thanks for your opinion. There are many others just as happy. It's not all gloom and doom over here no matter what some want to say.
  9. Gremin Augur

Please, stop slinging mud is what he is saying. Some folks enjoy this "model" of servers and EQ. Not all of us enjoy a "Packed" server. I , and a great many more of us on LJ, are happy that Phini opened to the delight of the players who play there regularly. It helps to keep the game healthy, thriving, and Daybreak open for business. The continued negativity towards LJ does not help anyone at all. The players in my guild have expressed the fact that if LJ dies, they are done with EQ. Which means less money in the pockets of Daybreak and one small step towards being able to keep EQ going for a much longer time.

Thanks.
    tofu stir fry likes this.
  10. bodes Augur

Fair point. I have already stated my opinion, so out of respect for you and DHS I will stop slinging.
    Gremin likes this.
  11. Heartland Augur

You took my line
  12. VoltrunVoltari Lorekeeper

Lockjaw is in month 5 of Kunark. A lot of people are bored and not logging in as much. This is a fact.

However, even in month 5, every third scheduled raid night or so we have hit 72 in Raid (for full disclosure about 10 of those are boxes, which get dropped for each main that shows up over the course of the night) - about 62-65 mains. Even more mains are taking time for RL things before Velious or enjoying Phinny during the lull. There are at least 2 other guilds than FI and DHS actively raiding and dropping some targets. Additionally, there are a few other casual oriented Tags out there as well.

Lockjaw is less populated, the pace of the server is a bit slower, and some of us like it. Camps are largely available when needed/wanted, the population that actively plays have started to really build a tight community, and we are doing our own things. The big guilds, the big boxers, the smaller guilds, the independents all get along, even friendly in most cases, and it down right pleasant!

So yeah, it would be nice if you all stopped slamming Lockjaw just because you personally dont spend the majority of your time here.
  13. tofu stir fry Augur

^^^^^
    what this guy said, it is really a great atmosphere to play. in fact it seems most of the time the only drama or trolling in gen chat seems to be from people coming from other servers =P
  14. yerm Augur

When the black death hit Europe the average standard of living went way up.
  15. Queena_Brokenhearts Augur

By your own analogy 20% of the Everquest population that chooses NOT to play Phinny likes the way things are on Lockjaw. So Lockjaw will continue to have people that enjoy playing there, even with 1/5th of the population of Ragefire!

Just because it's not what YOU want, doesn't mean it's not preferred by some.
  16. yerm Augur

1 out of 5 stars does not mean 1 in 5 like it.
  17. Queena_Brokenhearts Augur

Very good point... I guess it means simply whoever is doing the ranking (in this case, I guess, is Bodes and his friends) does not like it... So obviously since they don't like it no one else can. Crap I need to find another place to play, my server is only ranked 1 out of 5 stars by Bodes and his Buddies!!!
  18. yerm Augur

What? He said Phinny was 5 out of 5 stars, Ragefire was 4 out of 5 stars, and Lockjaw was 1 out of 5 stars. You took that to somehow mean that 20% of the players prefer lockjaw. That's not what it means.

My post has nothing to do with Bodes, his opinions, or the validity of his rankings. I am disputing your claim of 20% based on 1/5 vs 4/5 stars. That's not how X/5 stars rankings work.
  19. Kahna Augur

You may be enjoying your server just fine, but for a new person starting out LJ is probably the worst choice. It offers nothing that RF doesn't offer, and RF's long term prospects are much brighter.
  20. Queena_Brokenhearts Augur

To which I replied "Very good point" I the rest was not me trying to insult or bash you, as maybe you thought? I was simply correcting my original take on Bodes' post...