Epic bottle necks

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by HereandMeow, Mar 13, 2016.

1. HereandMeow New Member

I'm curious as to the reasoning for leaving the multiple enchanter bottle neck in place. Verina, Vessel and Shissir. I'm willing to just let Verina and Vessel go. I'll cope with the camping and KSing. But making Shissir not spawn in the instance seems like it was a choice, So could someone comment on the decision to not have him spawn in the instance?
  2. Ducreux Augur

Shissar doesn't pop on zone creation which is why he isn't in the instances. If the fear DZ didn't have a shutdown timer you could sit in there until it eventually popped. More of an oversight into how the spawn mechanic works than a purposefully created bottleneck.

Same deal with wizard broken golem and a few others that have Epic mobs that could pop in a raid instance. On the flip side there are plenty of epic pieces that would be bottlenecks if you couldn't use a raid instance to use them such as rogue Hate book, Monk sky fight, and cleric SolB turnin.
    Gemdiver likes this.
  3. Gemdiver New Member

They should just remove the delayed spawn for Shissar and broken golem so they will appear in raid instances or put in a spawn trigger for them to spawn off a CT kill. It would solve all of the bottleneck problems on Phinny with minimal impact to other servers.
  4. HereandMeow New Member

So I am to take it then that CT, Draco the golems are up at server reset in the main instance of fear? If not then I can only believe shissir and the broken golem were intentional left out.
  5. Pack Journeyman

why would they fix anything when we get to have so much fun together?
  6. Ducreux Augur

Live from the Vessel Drozlin Room!

[IMG]

**Please note I normally play with /showname 1, but wanted to show all the different guilds that have come out in support of their enchanters.

And you thought the shissar was bad. :D
    Tudadar likes this.
  7. HereandMeow New Member

I know how bad the Verina and vessel camps are, but shissir seems to be the only one they willfully made a bottleneck. Someone had to make the call of 'Nope, don't make this mob spawn on instance spawn'. I'd love for them to modify the Verina and Vessel spawn rates, but I think the strongest argument can made for shissir.
  8. Xanadas Augur

Omg wow. Is this on phinny? Yeah they need to cut the spawn times down. I did the chanter epic on LJ, and it was painful waiting, and I was the only one. I can't imagine what's going on there in that pic.
  9. -wycca Augur

Shenanigans
  10. Gemdiver New Member

Not really, I think nobody there bothered to think about how the expedition mechanics work when you take original non-instanced content and just slap a copy of it down thinking that it will provide an additional perfect copy of that content.

In open world, they have a delayed spawn from when the zone is created at server up. The same is true in the instance. Shissar and broken golem would spawn in those instances after the delay but the expedition will kick you out of the zone long before that delay is over.

It is really more of a failed/unintended zone mechanic than intentional effort to screw over certain classes. It could be easily fixed in a number of ways, the most obvious of which is just to get rid of the delay which originally existed to stop races at server up, but now just serves as an unnecessary bottle neck. It's stupid that some classes needing epic pieces from fear/hate can easily get them at any time just by hailing Agent of Change while other classes are forced to contest over it in open world, especially considering that many of those now instantly available mobs historically had longer respawn times than shissar or broken golem.
  11. Sophism Lorekeeper

As a rogue, even Eldreth and Yendar were cause for shenanigans. No complaints here, since our epic is pretty easy. But even silly things such as the aforementioned are causing drama / behavior that is laughable. Having to deal with some of the above bottlenecks though would have been absolutely maddening, and I may have skipped it altogether if given other viable options.
  12. Trevalon Augur

I PM'd Prathun about this the other day in regards to Shissar and Broken Golem and naturally got no response at all. It is ridiculous that some epics have their stuff spawn in instances on instance pop no problem, while other classes are forced into long camps while other classes such as Clerics and Rogues can just pop a new instance or pick and they are done.

Shissar and Broken Golem should spawn in Instances on instance pop, but I guess this comes down to "priority lists" eh Roshen?
  13. Gemdiver New Member

14. Gemdiver New Member

Priority lists aren't even a reasonable excuse here. I can understand that there is a long list of things that devs would like to do, given the time and resources which are finite. In this case though, fixing this huge bottleneck can be achieved with minimal time and effort on the part of the dev team - just remove the delay on their initial spawn and voila, Phinny's objective of allowing players to experience classic content with modern instancing convenience is achieved while at the same time there is practically zero impact to gameplay on any other TLP or live server.
  15. Slambit Journeyman

that would make sense Gemdiver, and we can't have that, and if you think they care, look at the monster thread about vp keys, which they want in for a server on 84 unlock schedule :confused:
  16. Koniku Elder

I did post a ticket about vessel/verina but it hasnt seen any action in a week. Maybe they will get around to it when we are in pop or something who knows.

https://dgcissuetracker.com/browse/EQ-758

I'd suggest everyone post something for their respective classes to at least streamline this for the next tlp.
  17. Tal-Ral New Member

Next TLP? There is no next for me, and I know many others feel this. I hope they fix this because of anything problems to see content will make me sunset this game sooner rather than later. There are no rules sets that can inspire me to play through all this content again.
  18. Jaime Lannister Augur

Turn in bottlenecks are cancer. Turn in NPC's should simply not despawn.

Add MOTM and buff every fight bottleneck like Verina and Drozlin.

Ayylmao.
    Krondal and PathToEternity like this.
  19. -wycca Augur

20. Slambit Journeyman

we need this.