So what is it going to take?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Cicelee, Feb 24, 2016.

1. Faana Augur

It got too hard. Yep. That's why I quit my ranger, SK, enchanter, warrior, bard, berserker. They've all been nerfed. I supported necros during the Death Bloom nerf. If they don't take away power, the gap between the raid game and group game grows too large. You'll adapt, just like you told all the other classes to adapt to their nerfs.
    Corwyhn Lionheart likes this.
  2. Utaerx Elder

Thanks for the pep talk, Coach. No, it was already hard to play a necro, now it's just obnoxious. Like I said, rather than adapting to this game of rapidly deteriorating quality, I could just do other things with my time. And I like you just projected upon me that I talked down to other people when they got nerfed and told them to suck it up, when actually it should be clear from my posts that I absolutely hate that mentality so much.
  3. Bobsmith Augur

Lmfao yet again you are off base. The death bloom nerf is another fail on the dev part that only furthered the suck factor of group necros and did little to nothing to raiding necros, which as proposed was their intention. No one said it was too hard just that it was ridiculous to take away a disc combo that was designed to streamline the work a necro does have to do to put up good numbers. On top of being told by the dev that necro dps was good where it was.......a slap in the face.
    Indrigoth and Utaerx like this.
  4. Bobsmith Augur

We need posts from greydeeds, then the lunacy would be complete
    Indrigoth, Lonye, DruidCT and 3 others like this.
  5. Utaerx Elder

[IMG]
    Venaki, Indrigoth, Benzarden and 4 others like this.
  6. sojero One hit wonder

I know quite a few necro that don't group because of how much worse it is for them, and many are maxxed so that may have something to do with it as well, they can go get their glyph aa for the next raid easily solo.

I don't group much with mine, I will log over to zerker, sk, cleric, or anything else because I don't want to hold my group back because of the subpar dps that the necro does comparatively. Sadly enough in a fast paced group I can tank on my sk (raid geared) and pull out equal or better dps than on my necro (group geared) because when things die within 15-30 seconds necro cant get enough on the mob to really make it that good for them. Now if its a really slow group and I know that, it is a bit different, and I can usually load up more and the dps is on par with others because it is slower.

I have other friends that are the same way, and most of them box and the necro is the first one they kick out of their box when inviting others. That may just be in my circle of friends though
    Utaerx likes this.
  7. Iila Augur

Too far.
    Lonye, Naugrin, Sancus and 1 other person like this.
  8. Tyraxor Augur

Game is $hit atm, and nerfs like that strip competitive gamers off the last bits of fun they can have with it. What a complicated topic indeed, the fanboys will always find ways to run circles around reality.
  9. bbanz Elder

The worst is not having any communication from the devs about what their plans are. It's a random mess from the customer's point of a view.
    Igniz, Iila, Faana and 3 others like this.
  10. Naugrin Augur

Yeah I saw the trademarked "soon" by Dzarn. I'm wondering why everyone seems to think that wizzies are dominating all the parses.
    Faana likes this.
  11. runecrow Elder

They already messed with Manaburns and Frenzied Devastations like months ago. No matter, we wizards adapt to all change equally, being the masters of fire and its ever-transformative ways. We do not fear change- we are change. Many a gnoll lay wailing at the change brought upon him, dust to dust, ashes to ashes. Yea though the nercomongers seeth and though the bard rage and fade no longer; yea though the mez faileth from the fingers of the enchanter, and that the master of the beasts languish in a dry place, yea though they cry unto heaven in their tears saying, It is enough! It is enough! they have taken the tail, and the head! Up! Up! To arms ye men of valor! They have taken away the staff, and left no bread! Up! Up! and get ye to the mount; Up! Up! And though the seas rage and the waves howl thereof, at that end of days when all has come to fire and darkness; yet shall there be a wizard standing in the midst of the flame.

Okay but seriously. I think this is what is happening:

The people who now own the game are going to tweak it to make it what they think will attract the most players; especially new players. If that means stepping on the toes of the old established players, so be it. Nothing personal, it's just business, and they're trying to "cut to grow" the system. It's a new team, expect changes. If you stick around, great, if not, great; they are doing what they think will produce growth in the game. They are well aware people will rage. They know there will be messages in the boards. They know all of this. The only thing they're wanting to do right now, is attract new players; new players will not be aware of how the game play used to be before they started after the changes.

You are viewed as a valued customer they want to keep around and will do little things to keep you around, but the main focus is on getting new players. That's it. They're willing to risk losing subscribers if they net a positive outcome; 1 quits, 3 join scenarios. This happens with every game in existence. This is the way it has always went and will always go.
  12. Mayfaire Augur

This is not the first person on these forums, and will certainly not be the last, who thinks playing/boxing an alt (mage, necro, warrior, or whatever) is the exact same experience as maining that same class - that they have the full extent of knowledge on what it takes to play that class to its max potential - and hell, they think they can even use their extensive imaginations to know what it would be like to raid with that toon, even if they never actually do, or only box it in, or whatever.

If people would just keep ignorant negative opinions to themselves regarding what they think other classes should be able to do or not do when they do not play said class, these forums and the game itself would be about 10,000x more enjoyable.

In other words, as my wise mother used to tell me, worry about yourselves (and the class that you play) and all else will work itself out. :cool:
    Yimin, Vivamort, Utaerx and 1 other person like this.
  13. Faana Augur

Strips the filthy casuals too! Flinging mobs to me gave me great joy as did a well placed harmonius arrow! And a great HS proc was almost as good as a critical Ice Comet to the head!

They never let us have anything fun.

PS I hate cats.
    Iila likes this.
  14. segap Augur

Some of us actually play our alts as dedicated chars. While we might not devote 100% of our energies in to those classes and know every in and out, we do have insight in to how they work and play in comparison to other classes. I would actually say we have in some cases better informed comments about class balance than people who dedicate 100% of their time to one class and then start throwing turds at other classes. We're also able to call bs at arguments made by people with a vested interest in some class envy/call for nerf battles. I also know plenty of people that play their alts with more skill and knowledge than some people (including high end raiders) play the same classes as their one and only class for years.
    Downtoplow and Faana like this.
  15. Mayfaire Augur

9 times out of 10 in these forums, when I have seen people start their statement with "Well I happen to play X class, albeit as my alt/box, and here's the FACTS Jack" ...which is then followed by erroneous flatulence spewed directly from their rectums.

And, sure, there are players who bounce from class to class playing them all, and this quote comes to mind: "Jack of all trades, master of none".

Just my opine. :)
    Igniz, Yimin, Iila and 3 others like this.
  16. Sheex Goodnight, Springton. There will be no encores.

My level 60 (Iksar, naturally) Warrior has his epic 1.0's, Pride of the Legion, Hategiver *and* Bloodfrenzy. (/pause for you to have a moment to whistle I appreciation)

Thus, your opinion is invalid!
    Iila likes this.
  17. Siddar Augur

So you mean in the top ten of a six man group parse? Because nope I can state as a certainly, that no necro main in a raiding guild that places in the top ten on a raid parse would be laughing this change off.

The nerf to GoDR and FtP is simply one of the worst decisions ever made in EQ history.
  18. Utaerx Elder

This is a valid point. There is a certain zerker I know of who plays a mean, mean necro for example. But, in the context of these nerfs, almost every single person who has said "I have a necro alt and I think.." has then spewed diarrhea from the mouth immediately afterwards. I think Triconix is really the only exception. Maybe I missing someone? So, I think "super alts" are the exception rather than the rule.
    Indrigoth and Sancus like this.
  19. Siddar Augur

Remember that ADPS belongs to the class that casts that ADPS ability for balancing purposes not the ones that gain from it.
    Sancus likes this.
  20. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

Agreed BIG difference between boxing a class and playing it as a main. Most of the time playing a class just as a main you get far more out of it then you boxing it.
    Indrigoth, Mayfaire and Utaerx like this.