So what is it going to take?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Cicelee, Feb 24, 2016.

1. zipzap New Member

I have a high end tbm raid geared necro, and honestly it's not the big of a deal, flesh to poison, wounds not twincasting, all that was ridiculous anyway, so ur dps on a raid might be 280 instead of 360k that was begging for a nerf in the first place.
    DruidCT and Faana like this.
  2. Vdidar Augur

And here comes the all knowing zipzap....
  3. valiantSeven Elder

You should probably delete that Necro and stick to playing that Warrior you have in your signature.
  4. Xinj Journeyman

You're a lying sack of .
    Vdidar likes this.
  5. Faana Augur

Be careful. They're vicious.
    Utaerx likes this.
  6. Ultrazen Augur

Don't worry, next patch will have a few new marketplace items:

1. Potion of swarm pets
    2. Potion of pet uberness

Only 500 foozles!!!! 3 charges.

Nothing last forever, EQ has been around a long time, much longer than I expected it would. One sure way to kill an old game, is make people feel less powerful. If your game is 16 years old, it's about 15 years too late to screw around with balance issues.

I've said it before, the quickest way to kill your game, is nerf people that have thousands of hours invested into a character. Once people get pissed enough to rage quit, even for a week, it breaks their habit of logging in, and poof, no more game addiction. That's when the game actually does go down the tubes and gets sunset. They've pissed off about half the classes at this point, the event horizon is pretty close I'd estimate.
  7. rotor New Member

What class haven't they P/Oed in the last two years? I'll switch to it just like I recently started working on a necro.
  8. savrin Augur

Our only options are quitting EQ or playing EQ. The only way to "make a stand" is to cancel all your paid accounts and stop playing. Necros are a very powerful class so really the only place to go is down if any changes are made to their abilities.
  9. Bobsmith Augur

To ALL of the people trying to minimize the necro nerf..... you either don't main a necro or the necros you play with are mediocre at best. As for the alt or box necro I have never come across one who is played to its full potential. Period. Although constantly derailing a thread and/or comparing wizard damage to necro damage may be your cup of tea, the point of all of these threads is communication. Yes necros are great dps, yes if you have proper adps and know wtf you are doing a Wizz should be top parse at this point always. I don't so much care about the fact I went from 1-3 on the parse to having to mash even more keys just to break the top 10, as I do that this nerf was poorly communicated and basically Unjust. The mana burn nerfed alone was really all that was needed to bring "balance" back to the over all raid/group force. The way mb is now every class in raid or group can benefit from it alot, other than necros. To certain people I understand that this can be hard to understand, keep trying we will leave the lights on for you.
    Igniz and Indrigoth like this.
  10. Naugrin Augur

For all the people in the last few weeks saying that wizards should top every parse blah blah blah...

Do you all just have no good zerkers/rogues/rangers? Is everyone just really bad with adps management?
  11. Bobsmith Augur

Zerkers rouges are great yes and they do have their place at the top. I still stand by my statement that wizzys should be top in most situations. And well rangers make great pets once they die :p
  12. Traditions New Member

LMAO the guy that truly has no idea the position of the necro on raids and how they are suppoused to be played... its guys like you that ruin it for other awsome necros..
  13. Utaerx Elder

Cool, we've moved into outright lying. I guess it was only a matter of time.
    Downtoplow, Igniz, Dibab and 3 others like this.
  14. Bobsmith Augur

This. /wrist
    Dibab and Utaerx like this.
  15. Rhodz Augur

I wish I knew but I dont.
    A few days left on 2 subs but we haven't played in weeks, just no reason or will to do so after the last few months of whatever that was.

The last TLP is case study of incommunicado development as is the last expansion TBM (which I didnt buy thank god) and shows utter contempt for each and every one of us. Some people for whatever reason seem unable to admit this thing is done or at least headed that way, addictions are rough, but I doubt that will last.

It was fun guys but no matter how much we dream of a well run game it just is never going to happen. Just the opposite is all that is in store for players in the future. Will talk to my wife when she gets back, if there is no interest from her then its over for good. Congrats Holly and company, you seem to have succeeded where others have failed.

Might pick up P99 but frankly not even all that interested any longer in jumping through hoops, even free hoops. How things lasted as long as they did is a great credit to the game and a large contingent of very forgiving and supportive players but even a great game can be ruined by arrogance and incompetence. Same problems run through all MMOs and likely from what I see all game development the last couple of years or longer.
    Just wanted an occasional distraction from a world going mad, seems even that was unrealistic. Time has told, no sense wishing otherwise. Besides maybe Im not supposed to be distracted, there is that.

Oh and IBTL heh
    Indrigoth likes this.
  16. Funk Augur

Necro I know laughed at this nerf and still parses top 10 in both burst and sustained events.
    Are these other quitting necro's giving up too easily?

And what world do you live in? Do you really think for one second DBG really cares whether this game sinks or floats? It's numbers, when the numbers aren't right anymore EQ will go bye bye. Simple as that.

So by all means continue to rally the troops to this just cause....but you could be actually enjoying the game while it's still around.
    Faana likes this.
  17. Utaerx Elder

Think of it more as the last straw. Putting DPS aside completely, having to manually cast a nuke in between each DoT while burning just sucks. It flat out is a stupid and unfun mechanic that exists for no other reason than to slow our casting down. So now I have to work even harder to get 50-75% of the results I was getting before. You're right that necros are still in top 10 in sustained (though if they're top 10 in burst, you need better wizards, zerkers, and/or rogues imo. Even rangers are way better burst nowadays.). But let's be frank for a second, the raids this expansion (with a few exceptions) are really not that fun. So you take an already underwhelming expansion and then make my class more of a pain in the to play on top of it? Honestly, I can think of way better things to do with my time. Too many people have a mentality like this game is a job and we just need to roll with the punches and make it work when they screw things up like this. Actually, no. No, we don't.
    Downtoplow, Igniz, Yimin and 6 others like this.
  18. Faana Augur

Wizards heads are on the chopping block next.
  19. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

I have constantly heard about how necros are best for soloing, how necros excel at soloing but I have yet to ever hear a necro say they don't group much because they suck at groups. Just saying. Was the rebalancing right or wrong I don't know. But playing the necros suck at grouping card is invalid in my opinion since almost every single necro I have known say they play the class so they can solo.
    Faana likes this.
  20. Bobsmith Augur

I truly don't believe this...if anything MB should be made a self only proc or short term song style buff...wizzys are not adps. Either way I feel confident in saying that most necros only hope for the best for any class and much better communication to the customer base of this game.