Whirligig Flyer Control Device - Oh how I hate thee..

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Eanelder, Feb 21, 2016.

1. Faana Augur

For those of us who are visually distractable, how about /ground flappything.
  2. MrMajestykx Augur

k gonna get a copter prop on this and all will love me.[IMG]
  3. Shallizar Lorekeeper

I built some files with silence to replace the backpack sounds. The launcher will replace the files with the real files every time you run the launcher so you can either skip the launcher or just run the batch file I included every time after you let the launcher finish running. You have to open the batch file and insert your path to the everquest directory for it to work...or you could manually copy the files each time :)

https://www.dropbox.com/s/w3ktkmh0o2l1zyb/EQBackpackSounds.zip?dl=0
    Axxius likes this.
  4. Leex Pewpewer

Lol sorry Ean, I know I drove you to make this thread..

:D
  5. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

I play with sound on and it would be nice if they keept going with the remove of annoying sounds.
  6. Faana Augur

Necro pet decomposition sounds too. But I decided tonight that what I hate more than repetitive sounds or flapping, is those stairs to Morell's Castle! THAT was a real nightmare back when they had a mixture of see invis and monkeys were flapping in your face all the way up.
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  7. Axxius Augur

Just stop torturing yourselves and turn sound off in EQ. There are way too many annoying sounds, not just this or that. There is a good reason most players play with no sound.
  8. Silv Augur

And the rampant speculation of actual player statistics continues!
    Mayfaire and Corwyhn Lionheart like this.
  9. Axxius Augur

Are you seriously going to contest that?
  10. Silv Augur

I think I've made it quite clear.
    Mayfaire and Corwyhn Lionheart like this.
  11. Thraine Augur

i like using sound on, that way i know when a mob is smashing me in the back of the head
    Vrinda, Taiqwon and Silv like this.
  12. Axxius Augur

Ok, I'm not going to argue. Ask around in your guild or something. But I don't care. If somebody wants to torture themselves with those sounds - it's their problem. The solution is very simple, and they know it.
  13. Taiqwon Augur

Been playing 16 years, still leave the sound on. Sounds = information.

In a more general sense, it feels pretty dumb to bother playing a game that you need to turn the sound off for, IMO
    Vrinda, JupiterKnight and Mayfaire like this.
  14. MrMajestykx Augur

I dont feel its dumb....lol what sounds in EQ ever had anything really to offer? Lets be real here we arent playing Call of Duty here with surround sound and realism. I d rather listen to my music and when needed ATs, but really I never saw the need for EQ sounds like....ever.
  15. Thraine Augur

turn your music on and go to explore youll be like ...
    [IMG]
    .. then some a$$hat comes along with their jet pack and ruins everything ~
  16. Thraine Augur

lol but to completely honest, ive used EQ sound for as long as ive been playing eq, sometimes you can hear mobs before you can see them, and you can def hear when a mob attacks you from behind. i tuned music off long ago tho
    Vrinda and Mayfaire like this.
  17. segap Augur

Playing an enchanter in the days of medding with the spellbook, having sound on was a huge help to know when adds were coming. Once I hit 35 (I believe that was the level that you were able to med just by sitting), I turned off sounds for good.
    MrMajestykx likes this.
  18. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

I use EQ sound too.. music is definitely off but sound is on. Except when I need to take a break from the occasional annoying sounds that come up such as the the whirligig one. Nice to see they have started fixing some of the annoying sounds. It's a mystery why it took so long.
  19. Metanis Bad Company

I have a CMD file I run after patching the 3 machines in the house that run EQ. It specifically deletes the sounds associated with the whirlygig mount. I hate to play with sound off, it just seems the game is less immersive.

del \\met10\c$\everquest\sounds\eq_mount_01_idle_lp.wav
    del \\met10\c$\everquest\sounds\eq_mount_02_idle_lp.wav
    del \\met10\c$\everquest\sounds\eq_mount_03_idle_lp.wav
    del \\met10\c$\everquest\sounds\eq_mount_04_idle_lp.wav

del \\slt10\c$\everquest\sounds\eq_mount_01_idle_lp.wav
    del \\slt10\c$\everquest\sounds\eq_mount_02_idle_lp.wav
    del \\slt10\c$\everquest\sounds\eq_mount_03_idle_lp.wav
    del \\slt10\c$\everquest\sounds\eq_mount_04_idle_lp.wav

del \\baby7pro\c$\everquest\sounds\eq_mount_01_idle_lp.wav
    del \\baby7pro\c$\everquest\sounds\eq_mount_02_idle_lp.wav
    del \\baby7pro\c$\everquest\sounds\eq_mount_03_idle_lp.wav
    del \\baby7pro\c$\everquest\sounds\eq_mount_04_idle_lp.wav

pause
  20. Axxius Augur

Yeah, if sounds is what you play the game for...

This thread has become pretty dumb. In a more general sense.
    MrMajestykx likes this.