Hey Team, can you fix the issues on live?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Ruven_BB, Feb 3, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sheex Goodnight, Springton. There will be no encores.

What's the old saying? You can shear a sheep many times, but only skin him once.

The sad thing as you rightly point out is that it has nothing to do with the devs. There are what, five ish left? Yet they're expected to keep the same schedule the team had with 2-4x as many bodies, thanks to management. While we were all sick of TDS, most players I know would have gladly waited another month to get TBM in a less ridiculously broken state. But again that'd conflict with the fiscal quarter/year/whatever, so here we are.
  2. Kravitz Augur

Its not "total" but in large part yes. Its been proven for the past 3 consecutive years they want to keep pushing out a mediocre product, why would expect this year to be any different? It wouldn't based on past history.

You and I were just gullible enough to keep buying their mediocre product, the difference being I learned to catch on to their business strategy and stopped giving them my money for the inferior product. Guess some people will never become smarter consumers.

When you pluck an apple from the apple tree, and it tastes like dung for the last couple of years you've been plucking at it, chances are its always going to be dung every consecutive time you pluck an apple. But hey, its a shiny new apple at least.
  3. Tyraxor Augur

To be fair, they can't help it.
    It's like GA meetings here, especially the raiding scene.
    When 50+ people support each other's addiction, well knowing what they are doing is just a shell of it's former self & they are openly abused by the company providing the drugs, it's collective drifting.
    That's also what they mean with "i raid, i had to buy", they can't leave the circle.
    Common sense doesn't work here, it's as much fun as talking into an alcoholic & trying to take away his beers.
    Kravitz likes this.
  4. Silv Augur

I like how this thread degenerated from 'please fix glaring issues' to 'you are an idiot if you pay/play EQ still'. :rolleyes:
    Elricvonclief, Sheex and Mayfaire like this.
  5. Mayfaire Augur

I utilize the bazaar to pay for EQ as well. But you will never see me blaming any player for the fiasco that is the current expansion. For some reason I have never bought into the whole 'blame the victim' mentality.
    Silv likes this.
  6. Mayfaire Augur

lmao. You guys talk "they" and "them" like you aren't in here posting on the EQ boards. Time is money, as well. You are wasting it by being here. We should all make fun of you and act all superior and wise. /nods

As long as raiding remains fun, I will still be here. When it stops, so do I. But apparently I am doing it wrong. I was supposed to be checking in with the forum sages to find out I wasn't enjoying it anymore. Oops. :rolleyes:
    Sheex, Silv and Tyraxor like this.
  7. Tyraxor Augur

Wrong ;)
    I have a...let's just say special job that involves monitoring things, i'm doing that while browsing forums atm. I know you won't believe it, but i work atm & and i wouldn't lie to a gamergirl /nods
  8. Sheex Goodnight, Springton. There will be no encores.

Must be all the estrogen clouding your senses. That whiny victim is always asking for it, curse them and their blabber mouth!
    Silv and Mayfaire like this.
  9. Mayfaire Augur

Well, you can bet good money that once I deem this game completely worthless, I won't be hanging around on these boards to chide the folks still playing, no matter what other activity it is that I may be doing at the time. But by all means, if it makes you feel good (I guess?), power on. ;)
    Elricvonclief, Silv and Sheex like this.
  10. Numiko Augur

No, do you think SOE made EQ?
  11. Tyraxor Augur

I don't believe in this, if what i say is rubbish you would just laugh & ignore it.
    The whole "don't spoil it for others" mentality is BS, you can only do that if the other side already has doubts.

Also who says i deem this game worthless, i played it for a decade.
    What i consider worthless is the way it's currently being abused, true.
    And you guys do nothing, you just keep donating so it can continue along that path.
  12. segap Augur

Since they gave us beta access. some of the claimable extras were immediately available and anyone that did not previously buy TBM got access to all previous expansions, they should have been able to recognize the pre-order revenue immediately. They even charged at time of pre-order instead of at release which supports that.

My guess is they looked at the calendar, saw a publicly announced date for a new TLP server and that a key member of the team had a long vacation booked, and decided they could not wait until mid January to release after he returned (I've actually been involved in meetings like that with VPs). That is if they had any plan other than releasing on the date regardless.
    Sheex likes this.
  13. Mayfaire Augur

People acting superior over a game ("they, "them" sniff sniff, pats self on back) is what I am not ignoring. It does make me laugh, and not in the manner you're suggesting. :rolleyes:

Now, if you came on and just honestly expressed the opinion of, "hey guys, maybe it is time to show them we're serious, let's not pre-order the next expansion", I could get behind that. I could even applaud it.

There are plenty of people who stopped giving EQ their money at GoD (or pick whatever expansion). Maybe they should pop into this thread and, with great superiority and much sniffing, chide you for all the expansions you've bought since. :cool:
    Sheex likes this.
  14. Sheex Goodnight, Springton. There will be no encores.

If the choice is quit (and troll the boards to condescend people's opinions who still actually choose to play/support the game), and continuing to play, even if it's not what it once was, I don't think that's too tough a call. And clearly we're addicts, so we need our fix regardless of the potency. But hey, whatever gets you off, chief.

The whole (I don't play but lul @ you people for being dupes because you do) BS went out of style with Kelefane a looooong time ago.
    Mayfaire likes this.
  15. Tyraxor Augur

And it would fail. I'd give it 1-2 days until every Raider who applauded would think about his guild, progression list epeen etc etc and jump on board again.
    Basically what i wrote above, just a bit provocating true dat...the state of this game IS provocating.

Now your point about expansions after GoD and why did i still buy them...
    well that's easy, they still had high quality standards. Like let's say Depths of Darkhollow?
    Awesome stuff imo, the people who left during GoD are mostly the ones you are making fun of over in the tlp section, btw. I never agreed with them, Eq still was an awesome game back then compared to the other crap on the market.

There's no way the same can be said about the recent releases.
    It's not about showing superiority, it's just exchanging arguments back and forth.
    Some guys love acting superior over tlp players for example, but you still give them "likes" my dear Mayfaire.
  16. Tyraxor Augur

Just like you, Silv & the others like trolling tlp players.
    But that's totally different i get it, you are just when it's pointed out how bad the state of live really is.
  17. Mayfaire Augur

I click "like" on those posts that, one, discuss how TLP is ruining the live game, which I agree with. Two, when they make fun of the TLP nonsense (superiority complex) that they pay for live servers. I think I am fairly consistent. If you don't agree, please link one. lol :p

Raiders are already leaving. Why do you think so many raid guilds are folding? Just because it isn't happening on one coordinated day, you don't see it? lol. People are individuals and come to their own decisions on their own time. No amount of forum superiority will change that. We're all adults now and I would hope people are no longer making decisions based on fear of getting bullied or made fun of.
  18. Triconix Augur

So you troll the boards of a game you don't play and attempt to condescend people because of playing a game? I'm sorry, I just don't see how this argument works. You're literally browsing a board over a game you claim to not care about. The [lack of] logic behind this is just blowing my mind. Shouldn't you be browsing a board of a game that you actually play/enjoy?

Unless you're some sort of sadistic creep that likes to inflict self torture onto himself by means of thinking about a game you so clearly despise.

FTFY.
    Silv likes this.
  19. Sheex Goodnight, Springton. There will be no encores.

Uhhh, I've played on Ragefire quite a lot man. I have a 60 Nec, 60 pal, 57 wiz, 52 bard, 50 Druid, 49 enchanter and others. So yeah...my opinion on those is based on actually playing there....as opposed to, say, forum-questing. I can absolutely criticize the "our TLP servers are more important than your live ones" assertion that the TLP "community" regularly touts from experience.

As for the state of live, as one who isn't even playing, how exactly do you know? Sure you aren't actually Kelefane? He's been known to troll with new forum accounts for chuckles.
  20. Tyraxor Augur

What a lovely gangbang ^^
    It's getting better and better, now i'm already a sadistic creep after playing Eq for i think 12-13 years and i dare to still look at forums.

Btw Kelefane took it too far, but he was right in a lot of things.
    Maybe he liked gangbangs too.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.