Hey Team, can you fix the issues on live?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Ruven_BB, Feb 3, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ruven_BB Augur

So glad to see more is being done on the TLP servers. Can "the team" focus on the game most of us are playing and fix the stuff that's broke?

Thanks,
    Ruven
  2. Reval Augur

Their team is currently busy. Maybe someday this discussion will come up in a productive way that involves how the money all works out, what can be afforded, how much is just made as profit, the amount that would honestly need to be made to add in more devs, and dissuading factors that limit their want to add in more devs. I doubt this will happen though.
    Faana, Hiladdar, Sancus and 1 other person like this.
  3. wingz-83 Augur

Fix TBM issues? You realize it was released in 2015 right?
    [IMG]
  4. Silv Augur

[IMG]

ps. I 'liked' a Reval post... this thread is destined for greatness.
    pps. Omg Ruven... posting on the forums but not even in game! I can't send you h8 tells about your post I agree with. :(
    Elricvonclief, Caell and Hiladdar like this.
  5. JohnathanXFR New Member

Fix issues with pet agro pls
    Faana, Caell, Hiladdar and 3 others like this.
  6. Kravitz Augur

Good luck with that, Daybreak is making more money of the TLP servers currently, which means hardly any incentive to fix things on Live. They forgot that Live players have a track history of being veterans and supporting this game for years vs TLP players flaking out after the first 3-4 expansions are released, wait till you see the population 12-18 months from now on a TLP server. At that time, they'll release yet another new TLP server to make a quick buck and the players will dumb enough yet again to fall for it. Daybreak is only interested in short term financial gains at this point.
    Faana, Elricvonclief, Agrippa and 3 others like this.
  7. Silv Augur

/anxiously awaiting the TLPr responses in this thread about how they 'fund' Live servers.

On a serious note... while TLP deserves a bit of attention since it's a secured source of revenue (required sub), breaking progression missions etc. in the last patch (/boggle) and still leaving HUGE bugs in like charms not being aug'able 3 months after release, unacceptable.

But like Krav said, all about that $$$.
    Caell, Sheex, Agrippa and 1 other person like this.
  8. Tyraxor Augur

In the end it's the players own fault, not a popular thought but...
    if you give them money for bugged and unfinished expansions, you don't "encourage" them to put more work into it. Live servers tend to buy everything as crappy as it may be, DB knows it and you can moan about it all day afterwards but only your wallet could change something.
    Kravitz, Metanis and Agrippa like this.
  9. Thraine Augur

I feel for the people who didn't finish their progression tasks, cause now the decay partisan is borked and it doesn't look like it will be fixed any time soon
    Agrippa, Hiladdar and Silv like this.
  10. Derd Augur

It will be fixed when we get the next patch. Which should be next week, hopefully it will also fix other things. One line was not enough reason to do a full server patch.
  11. strongbus Augur

the people who only play on TLP servers must be loving this. they are bring the game down to their easy mode play level. TLP is killing the live game, cause they think the live game is to hard.
  12. Hellboy007 Augur

i hate TLP so bad.. wish it was dead. i could care less about regurgitated content all changed and nothing like the old day.
  13. Sheex Goodnight, Springton. There will be no encores.

Hay now. Me playing back in 2002, quitting and never coming back until a few months ago to play on TLP, farm krono and demand constant dev attention has *clearly* kept your game alive, you silly live player who hasn't (repeatedly) abandoned the game over and over throughout the last decade+! You ought to be thanking me, the king of fickle opinions about the never ending TLP ruleset/vote debate, for allowing you to play my game. Ahem, show some proper respect yo!
  14. fransisco Augur

Most people who bought the expansion didn't know it was bugged or crappy.
  15. Agrippa Augur

I love that DBG apologists think that it's acceptable for people to be unable to progress their characters for two full weeks and what now looking to be a full month or longer. Broken group or raid progression is definitely something worthy of bringing the servers down to fix.
    Silv likes this.
  16. Sheex Goodnight, Springton. There will be no encores.

Not to mention this was the first exp ever we prepaid, and simultaneously had a direct quote from Holly saying "We won't release it until it's ready". I guess their definition of "ready" varies greatly with the one by Mr. Webster.....
  17. Tyraxor Augur

Eh normally you wait a couple days before you buy games after they release, you can easily get an idea if it's worth it with that short waiting time.
    Nah that's what i mean, many live server players will buy blindly and DB know it.
    This only works if you have the right playerbase for it, sorry.
  18. Kravitz Augur

Agree.

History has shown for the past 4 years they've been putting out crappy expansions and only spending about 3-6 weeks of development time before release, even though they say they are spending over 6 months development time. So why would you not wait till after its released to see how bad the garbage is.

Why would you even bother to trust Holly, look at her track record before she joined the eq1 team with what she's done with eq2. Do you honestly think she has a clue about management or Columbus Nova needed someone to fill the position and they propped up a puppet for the job. At least, we got cats!!, cause we needed the art team and development team to use their resource time on that!

I'm also going to assume you watched the TBM video they did before they did the TBM beta since you mentioned that Holly quote The video that was supposed to be about the TBM but ended up being about everything else but TBM, one of the most disorganized informational videos I've ever seen them do. That should have clue'd you in they didn't have anything done but lore.and zone art at that point. And the disorganization of that video with them spending more time on their smartphones or talking about cats should have clued you in to wait to no buy it so quickly.
  19. Silv Augur

The broken tasks completely halt people working on progression. It's been broken for almost 3 weeks? The next patch (and we're assuming it fixes the issue) hasn't even went to Test yet so that means the earliest a fix would be is Feb. 17ish for Live. Sure, that's the typical patch cycle but that's almost 5 weeks of broken progression. A month. So yeah... I do think that is worthy of a server-down one-line patch if they couldn't hotfix it. They've taken the servers down for MUCH less regularly in recent history.

"Oh hey - we finally added those progression based spells that were an expansion defining feature into the game (2 months post-release)! ps. We broke progression. Enjoy getting your spell upgrades" :rolleyes:

I'm sooooo sorry Sheex! You're totally right... TLP funded our live servers with those server(s) that didn't exist yet ;)

Honestly... I think some people actually believe this despite the complete lack of logic or monetary reasoning in the idea.

I just read an article yesterday about how/why video game pre-ordering is going the way of the dinosaur (or should soon). Unfortunately, loyal/addicted EQ players are a rare species of gamer and will throw money at a snake oil salesman who is carrying a sign that says he's a snake oil salesman.

Also, linking pre-orders with beta access more or less secures a nice chunk of people to buy early because it's perceived by many as advantageous.
    Felicite, Ruven_BB and Agrippa like this.
  20. Tyraxor Augur

Silv, i wouldn't say TLP funds live...that's kinda silly.
    But i think without the possibility of getting more money out of Eq via them, CN might decide to pull the plug soon. Mocking them makes little sense to me (ofc it makes more sense on the silly forum over there lol), you prolly "need" them by now.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.