Server Downtime: Weds, Jan 20 @ 5:30 AM PST

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Roshen, Jan 15, 2016.

1. Davuk Journeyman

Optimist - They fling poop either way just with an ETA they can schedule it.
  2. The Riddler New Member

I never plan to do much on a patch day for this reason. Every time somethings goes wonky on patch day, people jump on the forums to complain. I laugh about it too, because I don't expect everything to be perfect. This game has been around for a long time, and it's the same thing and people still throw stinks.
  3. Sancus Augur

- Corrected a spell data problem that made some NPC Shadowknights deal extra damage with Harm Touch.
    nolan081100 likes this.
  4. TarewMarrForever Augur

Prego (it's in there!)...under NPC's section:

- Corrected a spell data problem that made some NPC Shadowknights deal extra damage with Harm Touch.

Edit: Sancus beat me to it. ;-)
    nolan081100 likes this.
  5. Tennas Journeyman

If something continues to suck, people shouldn't stop calling it out. That only invites complacency.
    Scribbles, nolan081100 and tanith like this.
  6. Kempel Journeyman

I agree with this, however, people complain I think just to be heard or seen. They complain if something isn't working and those SAME people will complain that the server is down to fix an item that they complained about. It's typically a "no win" situation for many. It is what it is really. We can't control it, we can only go with the flow.
    nolan081100 likes this.
  7. Tazz New Member

Seriously this is why i quit playing EQ 11 years ago and why they lost alot of peeple. I understand that issues come up that they are not aware of, but this is what the test server is for. Dont go live with updates untill you have all your P's & Q's in order. I have played alot of online games and EQ is by far the worse i have ever seen for these kinds of issues. Im not trying to bash the game cause i do considered it the best of its type (1 reason i came back) just meerly stating simple facts. You do a patch and not even 10 minets later your shutting the game down, really come on now that is ridculas. Use your test servers for what their designed for, do it right the 1st time. I've noticed in last few months this is becomeing a regular issue with the game. I dont think its asking alot of the developers to do this and stop trying to rush Xpans and ever patch. You will catch more grief from doing this than just doing it properly to begin with.
    Also give us updates every 30 mins or so on whats going on, thats not asking alot i think.
    nolan081100 likes this.
  8. Felicite Augur

Intellectually you think you want a "just give me a rough order of magnitude and I will make other plans" sort of thing. It never works, the calmer sorts of people have already gone outside/starting doing something else and aren't checking for updates anyway...

The remainder are spamming F5 on the forums, trying to log in non-stop, and screaming on the interwebs that we should start a class action suit (or, like me they are at work and reading this while I eat lunch).

It will be fixed when it's fixed. Any sort of estimate is all downside. If you beat it, so what? No one will remember how quickly you got the system up, in a week people will only remember the downtime not that the system came up in 3.5 hours instead of the original 4.

Do I have to spell out what would happen if takes 30 minutes longer than "ball parked"?
    nolan081100 likes this.
  9. Lanogas Journeyman

Having Roshen write "Still no ETA. Developer team is working as fast as they can" every 30 mins isn't going to help anyone in any way. Sit back and eat a Snickers.
    Gyurika Godofwar and nolan081100 like this.
  10. Essarsin82 New Member

Stop complaining about issues you can't control and let the Developers do their job. You're not going to increase how fast they click their mouse or type, just be patient.
  11. Lanogas Journeyman

I think I already did a while ago. I used the words "fling poop". You agree that's accurate? ;)
    Felicite and nolan081100 like this.
  12. Clabuk Journeyman

Thats not always the case, like said in a earlier portion of this Thread, just because it worked on Test Servers doesnt mean its gonna work on Live ones, things can get a bit screwy with the coding during the transfer and updating processes. its 2 completely different code setups for both versions of EQ. so it can work perfectly fine on Test but have 10,000 bugs on Live.
    Essarsin82 and nolan081100 like this.
  13. Aluerin New Member

I get extra popcorn ready for patch days solely because of this. lol
  14. trizzy New Member

I don't understand why the TLP servers and live servers are affected the same during patches. I would wager to say the majority of patching pertains to either the TLP servers OR live servers.. rarely both. So, why take down all the servers when only a single group needs fixing/updating? :) just curious...
    nolan081100 likes this.
  15. Skurj New Member

Ahh thanks Sancus, I didn't see that in the notes. Hopefully it's all fixed. Cheers!
    nolan081100 likes this.
  16. Goodtimes Journeyman

Hey look they're flinging poo......

well back outside I go it's beautiful out there:p
  17. Clabuk Journeyman

dunno if this count as a definite answer since im just speculating, but im gonna assume would revolve somewhere around might as well fix it earlier then later. meaning TLP Servers EVENTUALLY will get to the stage that Live servers are at now, so why wait for the problem to pop up when TLP Servers get to that point and have this issue a 2nd time OR just bring all servers down and fix the issues on ALL Servers and only have the problem once and be done with it. Again just speculating.
    nolan081100 likes this.
  18. Trizzity New Member

Yeah, but when the servers do come down they are down for hours. Down at 830am est, its now 315est. No ETA is a way of them saying "it's going to take forever". Hate to be negative, but that's just the way it is.
    nolan081100 likes this.
  19. Clabuk Journeyman

not exactly. no ETA means it may take 10 mins or it may take 10 hours, like said earlier. If they gave a definite ETA of 1 hr and it took like someone said earlier an hr and 15 minutes, people would be fuming over that lost 15 minutes.
    nolan081100 likes this.
  20. Qnyan New Member

Seriously this is why i quit playing EQ 11 years ago and why they lost alot of peeple. I understand that issues come up that they are not aware of, but this is what the test server is for. Dont go live with updates untill you have all your P's & Q's in order. I have played alot of online games and EQ is by far the worse i have ever seen for these kinds of issues. Im not trying to bash the game cause i do considered it the best of its type (1 reason i came back) just meerly stating simple facts. You do a patch and not even 10 minets later your shutting the game down, really come on now that is ridculas. Use your test servers for what their designed for, do it right the 1st time. I've noticed in last few months this is becomeing a regular issue with the game. I dont think its asking alot of the developers to do this and stop trying to rush Xpans and ever patch. You will catch more grief from doing this than just doing it properly to begin with.
    Also give us updates every 30 mins or so on whats going on, thats not asking alot i think.

Well said! I can`t understand why they don`t use the test server. I do think that 30 min is a bit optimistic though. If they were able to say that servers will be down for a min of 2 hours and then make an update if needed more time would be great. People wouldent sit in spam these boards and constantly click on the login servers. Insted they would know that there is no chance that the servers are coming up. I would find that as a relief.
    nolan081100 likes this.