Server Downtime: Weds, Jan 20 @ 5:30 AM PST

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Roshen, Jan 15, 2016.

1. Davuk Journeyman

@Fryanea Funny what 15 years of experience can teach a dev team :D

@AB_H'Sishi Really? Only 30 minutes to prep for raid. How Terrible.

I'd have to say 5:30am pst has to be about the best option and I say that as someone in the middle of the zones hit the worst.
    GMT +2 - GMT+8 are the only zones that really missing any prime time (6pm-10pm) with timezones +4,+5,+6 hit the hardest with each loosing the full 8-10 pm window. However that said +4,+5,+6 are by far the zones with the least players in it. Personally I'm at gmt +5.5 and have yet to meet anyone else in game from my timezone (if you are feel free to ping me, would love to find a group).

With 15 years of experience and usage logs I'm sure EQ is well aware of all this and has chosen the time accordingly. The only other 4 hour window that would potentially keep prime time open for everyone would be 10pm - 2am pst. This would put the prime time hit into the middle of the pacific ocean but would significantly impact late night play in the US and would thus likely impact a fair greater number of people then the current window. Granted I hate the fact that I cant play from 6:30pm - 10:30pm but understand why the window is chosen.
    nolan081100 likes this.
  2. Batbener Augur

Since the patches seem to happen at the same time on the same day a lot of times, why not throw those people a bone and make a double xp or double rare spawn bonus during those hours the following week? Seems like a pretty easy thing to do. And I am sure all the prime time players will understand why you are doing it for the non prime timers affected by the patches and wont complain you are playing favorites. :rolleyes:
    nolan081100 likes this.
  3. Davuk Journeyman

@Batbener I'm sure I suddenly be able find hundreds of players that claim to be in my timezone if they did.:D
    Gyurika Godofwar and nolan081100 like this.
  4. Lily Augur

I misspoke, I meant type 7/8 augs. They've always been usable in cultural armor from previous expansions, yet the TBM type 7/8 augs cannot be equipped in cultural armor. I don't see any patch notes referring to this bug.

http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/item.html?item=124586
    http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/item.html?item=124606

Both of these are usable in visible armor, and the cultural armor contains slots for type 7/8, so I can't see any reason why the augs can't be used with cultural.
    nolan081100 likes this.
  5. Malbro Augur

I don't see anything in the patch notes relating to not being able to use type 5 and 9 in earrings and rings even though they have the slots for them.
    nolan081100 likes this.
  6. Lonye Augur

More downtime? Should have just extended the original downtime. Thanks, not really though.
    nolan081100 likes this.
  7. Nynjaki New Member

Some good fixes there, well done dev team. How about doing something about TBM breastplates now and their serious lack of AC? I can't imagine anyone who had/has a TDS tier 3 BP would swap to TBM but would for alot of their other armour slots.
    Gyurika Godofwar and nolan081100 like this.
  8. Skelefrog New Member

is there an eta on this emergency downtime?
    nolan081100 likes this.
  9. cadres Augur

We seem to be missing an announcement/acknowledgement/news about this latest, current, downtime?
    nolan081100 likes this.
  10. Gariel New Member

emergency? i was surprised it was even up, your early :)
    nolan081100 likes this.
  11. Lonye Augur

echo. give us an eta or give us death
    nolan081100 likes this.
  12. Seithinal New Member

I would just be happy if the downtime was ever actually the amount of time they actually said it was going to be.
    nolan081100 likes this.
  13. Lanogas Journeyman

Chat says "Currently investigating an issue", so my guess is someone just made a mistake in the code that has to be hotfixed. Shouldn't take that long, usually doesn't.

Regarding it not being announced; Probably didn't have enough time to announce the downtime, they probably pulled servers down before a crash occured that would force them to make a rollback (which takes longer than hotfix).
    nolan081100 likes this.
  14. Roshen Brand Manager

UPDATE: There were additional issues we identified after this patch, and the team is currently working to address these now.

No ETA on when servers will come back up, but fixing this is a priority for our team.
  15. Lonye Augur

Thank you for the acknowledgement. I appreciate you bridging the gap of communication regarding this issue.
    nolan081100 likes this.
  16. Senek Journeyman

thank you, curious question though. i had a "manaskin Gauntlets" on my cursor when i disconnected, will that be in my inventory?
    nolan081100 likes this.
  17. Skelefrog New Member

Neverquest, Everpatch just wanted to throw that out there :)
    nolan081100 likes this.
  18. Scribbles New Member

Seems that most of the gear they removed aug slots from also deleted the aug. Same goes for the ornaments that were removed from the items they removed the ornament slot from. That is what has been discovered so far. I'm sure there is more but that is just what has been found since server up.
    nolan081100 likes this.
  19. Grettle - Vox New Member

I have been back to the game for about 4 months and I have not seen many patches or downtime at all. It is not like it was 8-10 years ago.
  20. Mazoola New Member

Don't know how to navigate here well, so ill make my peace here and hope someone can then pass it along to whomever needs to know. Once we all got TBM expansion, rangers got the enrichment spell. It is purple, signifying we can group or GMB the spell, but although we can group or single cast it, we cannot MGB it as of yet. I don't know if this is a glitch or the way it was made to be but its a little unsettling and I have asked many a ganger and so far none of them have even tried to gmb it yet, sad as I love to ninja buff a lot in the guild lobby. please if you are reading this, pass this on so they may fix it asap. Mazoola from Bertox.
    nolan081100 and Rannie168 like this.