Zerg guild

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by ElaidaTL, Jan 17, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bodes Augur

Nobody's judging you for low attendance. My point was that you weren't around for the 175 raids where these 10ish occurrences happened. If you want to pretend your new guild doesn't do this then there's nothing I can do for you.

ALL I was trying to do was explain why the "Zerg" label makes sense and how it was earned because that's exactly the information that Elaida needs.
  2. Detheb Augur

I'm just explaining, that being a former officer of a guild that competed against SA, and now being a member(Again, mind you), that while there may be an occasion or two where it happened, its in the same boat as Sad Dragons starting a sock in SolB. The exception, not the rule. You still havn't point to a specific instance where it happened though.
  3. SqueeshSqueesh Augur

It happened once that I'm aware of. On CT last week. I might be missing another occurence or 2 but it definately isn't happening "a lot".

Like I said above, it happened once, maybe twice. But I'll be generous here and pretend we engaged a mob already engaged and DPS race it 10 times. If you look at our DKP site you'll notice we've done 200 raids meaning we would be a zerg guild for 5% of our raids. I can live with that.
  4. Vaclav Augur

Was that the CT that we were involved in the race for? If so, there wasn't any substantial force of anyone else - if they'd engaged it you'd saved them from wiping from not having enough there.
  5. SqueeshSqueesh Augur

It was a mix of Pixel Pirates and MiM people I think.
  6. Detheb Augur

Even then, PoFear is a bit different than really anything else. It is pretty consistently cleared outside of raids by PUGs. I'm not saying it hasn't happened, but you made my point. If only 5% of raids end up that way, that just goes to show it is the exception and not the rule. Have to expect some level of competitiveness on this server though.
  7. ElaidaTL Augur

Sounds like the term zerg guild has been redefined to fit some peoples specific needs. I've said all that has to be said. We can obviously down content with minimal numbers. I dont understand why you would label us with some derogatory term because we show up with more for open world content. By design thats exactly how we should play it. "Zerg" denotes a lack of skill. I'm not seeing how that fits this equation. Even if this content takes no skill I still dont see the "lack" displayed by our numbers being there. If anything our instance perfomance shows the opposite. Has it been done with less yet on phini with the MotM buff? I'm genuinely curious.
  8. McJumps TLP QoL Activist

I do recall an instance where another guild had engaged noble in sky and pulled him to isle 3 and began to fight him. AoS all clicked up to isle 3, dispelled at least one or two fairy pets and took the kill. I'm not sure if that's zerging or not but I do know that if was pretty lame to dispell charmed pet to get noble for the 8th or 9th time. It does support the idea that they will engage a mob that is already engaged though I'm told some sort of action will be taken against the dispeller by AoS leadership, but I wont hold my breath.
  9. SqueeshSqueesh Augur

At this point it very much is people throwing that as an excuse for losing. "Oh that guild is not the best on the server, they're only getting all of these raid targets because they're a zerg guild."

We'll see about that in all the future expansion as we continue to dominate any and all content, instanced or live, contested or not.
  10. McJumps TLP QoL Activist

Cool your jets there squeesh. Looks like you got a taste of that "I killed something in a game and that makes me better than you " kool-aid. I seem to remember a time on ragefire when you were getting "squeeshed" with the rest of us scrubs that were not in TL and how much you despised them. I even remember your rants about what lames they were in teamspeak. I guess whatever it is about them that makes them talk down to people (which was something you disliked about them) is contagious.

When you can't just play the game without having to feel like you beat someone at something. That's losing. Play the game and have fun with your friends. Don't pretend you won something. Or that someone else is losing. That's just silly and from what I know about you squeesh, it is beneath you.
    Whizbang, Zublak and Ladysoth like this.
  11. ElaidaTL Augur

I do what I say im going to do =P
  12. ElaidaTL Augur

whoa whoa! The forums are VERY smal sample size. Most of AoS dont post or care about interguild politics whos winning or losing or drama. Some pretty sweeping generalizations going on here by you or by squeesh or by both. Squeesh has been a pretty solid member since coming to us and has flat out said he was very wrong about the inner workings of the guild.
  13. McJumps TLP QoL Activist

I will admit most of my interactions with AoS have been positive so far. I just don't buy I to the whole "we will dominate all content going forward. You will be assimilated into the collective or be destroyed" tone of his post. It sounds an awful lot like the toxic attitude that people grew to hate from TL on ragefire and I just don't want to see things get back to that point. Bad apples happen I every guild. Nothing can be done about that. I just don't want to see a bad apple attitude become the norm again on this server. And I know squeesh is a good dude. Raided with him quite a bit.
  14. SqueeshSqueesh Augur

I don't know who you are but I assume you are a previous member of Apokalypsis. You must have me mixed with someone else I never said TL was lame in any kind of fashion. In fact I remember pretty vividly defending them from a bunch of baseless accusations (Mainly RMTing and Botting). The only time time I had any kind of ill feeling towards them was during the whole rotation EQ lawyers fiasco. We "tried" to compete with them on Rage and lost. Unlike many people I have no problem admitting that we lost because they played better than we did, I don't resort to insults or degradations.

I also never said I'm better than anyone, I choose to invest more time/effort in this game than the common player and it yields results. I'm simply not going to stand by while people on the forums diminishes our guild because they can't comprehend how or why we do the things that we do.

Also would like to add that I never called anyone a scrub or other negative term. I'm simply saying that considering the infrastructure,the goals of SA as well as the lack of competition i'm assuming it will be the dominant guild going forward. I'm sorry if it came off as presumptuous or toxic as it was not my intention.
  15. McJumps TLP QoL Activist

Again with the winning and losing. I am starting to think you don't know how this game works. No one has ever won EQ bro. TL didn't win on rage. And AoS isn't winning on phinmy. Just like no one is losing. Except maybe people wasting time thinking they won or lost a game that doesn't have winners and losers. Lol.

The only way to succeed in EQ is to have fun. If you have fun you win. Period. I had fun on ragefire. So I don't see how I lost to anyone.

If it makes you feel happy to "dominate content" then great. But that does not mean that people that don't share that view lose
    What does concern me is that you take what people say about your guild on here so seriously. Who cares? If you feel like you are actually winning, whatever that means to you, how does what they say diminish that?
  16. SqueeshSqueesh Augur

The only time I mentioned winning or losing was replying to you saying you remember us being "Squeeshed" together on rage.

As far as being "dominant". Call it what you will. Maybe I played on different servers than you have but as far as I can remember, on every server I played EQ on (That's 4 of them) there was always a guild that was beating the harder content, getting the most loot, being the strongest. That's what I would call the dominant guild. I have fun being part of a dominant guild, therefore by your terms, I'm winning, right?
  17. Xars Journeyman

The biggest issue is that people think Zerg is a derogatory term. Really, who cares?

As a Guild / Raid Leader are you supposed to tell X # of people to sit out the raid because their attendance pushes you over a certain number that causes disrespect over a Raid kill?

The whole community needs their head examined.

A Raid target dies. Loot was given out.

It's been going on for 17 years.

As long as there's no inter-guild drama, can we all just stop caring "how"?
  18. McJumps TLP QoL Activist

Pvp has dominant guilds. Pve has guilds that are willing to put in more time. That's all. Time. Harder content? Unless you are killing trak already and I don't know about it...I dunno
    not really interested in measuring it with ya. But I guess more loot makes some people happy. I'm not really one of them. I just like raiding with friends. And since phinny allows me to do that no matter what, you go put in as much time as you want. I'm gonna enjoy no 3am batphones. And still see all the content you will every expansion :)
  19. derpinscotch Elder

Do you? Cause your guild is well known as KS'ers and charm dispellers. If you say something to them, they say report them cause leaders won't do anything. Doesn't seem like they even close to care about what you'll do.
  20. Ghilran Lorekeeper

The old Pvp vs Pve argument. Often branded by people that were part of a PvP dominant guild on some other game and believe THEY deserve the respect of carebears. Not saying you are but you are using the same rethoric right there.

It doesn't really matter what you are fighting against, players or environement. Any group of people coordinated to undertake a task requires preparation, strategy and management. I'm not saying current content is hard to beat or that strats are any different compared to 15 years ago, but neither should you belitle other people's work.

Did you consider that more fights could make people happy? I have been to many Gorenaire fights on Ragefire and when i happen to catch her it's usually the highlight of my day. I play a cleric so i couldn't care less about her loot; but she will still occasionally wipe 60 players raids even at this point in time on ragefire so killing her cleanly is allways a pleasure.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.