GRADE THE EXPANSION

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by bazinga, Dec 9, 2015.

1. Geri_Petrovna Augur

You don't know my dog. :D
  2. Axxius Augur

Isn't making empty promises and generally blowing smoke a part of the Producer's job description? ;)
    Iila likes this.
  3. Hellboy007 Augur

!!!!!!!!! love it.
  4. Shae'der'lun Journeyman

Edit: Misread the point of the thread. Oops.
  5. Quality Lorekeeper

just needs to be seen again.
  6. Quality Lorekeeper

This needs to be seen as well.
  7. Quality Lorekeeper

And this, it's ridiculous. I have 3 accounts, I only bought 1 on TBM. Until it's fixed, and only if that's with in the next month will I be buying TBM or reactivating the accounts. My current account has 9 days left (the one that has TBM) and I will be letting the sub run out if it's not fixed. It's ridiculous, honestly I was going to let the lack of content go, be happy with a half of an expansion.... then they couldn't even get a half of an expansion to work? What in the actual f...

rating? 3/10, 3 because I see the potential in the new armor system (if it were to be fixed and working properly) If it wasn't for that, I wouldn't even take the time to post I'd of just flat out quit.
  8. segap Augur

I had slow day at work today. Did I feel compelled to login and get some play time? No, I took a nap.

There's little excitement in the group game. Nothing really to want to work for or camp. Getting through merc and partisan tasks showers you with gear. The first few times, I was excited and clicked on it. Then I realized that no matter the icon or slot, everything was pretty much exactly the same. No thrill getting the exact thing you wanted. No deciding who in the group it was best for. No excitement to even see it drop since it was so common. Then to top it off, you end up with a bag full of stuff you cannot use until you farm currency. So instead of the thrill of the chase and the mercy of the evil rng, you're now being geared by the hour in the currency sweat shop.

It's small, it's bug riddled, they made things bland. There's just not a lot to do unless you want to repeat the same scripted missions over and over again.
    Ickles and Mediik like this.
  9. Triconix Augur

I'm that case, I got charged for it before beta came out. Can I judge it then?

But seriously, I'm reserving judgement. That's me. Is there a need to criticize that?

I need to read an entire book before judging it, but I paid for it before I even opened it up. Should I judge it by its cover or after its fully finished?

Just because it was released, doesn't mean it was done. All games go through multiple patches. Some of the most popular games in the world are released with bugs. I remember Skyrim having major lag issues on ps3 and it took weeks for it to be fixed. That game was awesome...once the problems were figured out. Not a single person in the game has beaten this expansion. It seems logical wait to judge until this point.

It takes upwards of 50,000 miles for a car engine to get broken in for full effectiveness. That's usually when I judge my new cars. I'm not going to judge it the second I drive it off the lot and it's not even at its highest potential. Computers also take time to settle in. I give them a week before making final conclusions about my builds. But hey, that's just me.
  10. segap Augur

Do you drive it off the lot with a missing tire, two flats and the fourth the wrong size?
  11. Triconix Augur

Nope, but I know more than 4 people worked on my car and it was built in a factory - with robotics assisting beause of natural human error - that probably is worth billions of dollars.

I'm sure people were quite happy with the VW and Audi TDI models...Look how that turned out. Falsified emissions for profits. Now all those drivers are using cars that don't meet standardized testing. Now those cars will most likely have to be reconfigured and lose HP and MPG. Those people paids thousands of dollars for their car. (I'm sorry for whomever owns those models) Meanwhile we paid $30.00.

Hey, The United States government was forced to enact the Lemon Law in the '70s because American built cars were so notoriously unreliable. And those were multi billion dollar corporations. I honestly didn't expect a handful of devs to complete an expansion bug free right after releasing TLP and on the verge of releasing another one with other projects on the side.

Am I saying that I agree with the way they did things? No, but I'm going to reserve judgement until the entire case has been given to me.

Edit: Decided to remove the picture of my car company's factory.
  12. Bluey Lorekeeper

It would be really fun to do some stuff as long as these terrible bugs are not there. Because you had so many beta- or alpha-effects everything which now is not really obviously working seems to be a bug (even it could be a later achievement). That makes the whole expansion or better mini-upgrade sore.

Before that I would have rated it 1/10.

After the patch now there are still flaws:
    - Chest-Items for Tanks/Clerics (or all plate) are a joke, all other armor parts have other advantages when you loose HP/AC but it is not glorious...
    - Charms have no Aug5/9 working
    - Range has no aug5/9 working
    - Anti-Poison-Potion after last Merc/Partisan-Quest does nothing on the Permanents (not sure if that is a bug)
    - Oozing Bone Spike still shows Enhanced Minion XII (for a Level 105 it is a joke)
    - Weapons delay/damage ratio and procs are mostly trash compared to TDS, except perhaps Fist of the Stranger for Mnk/Bst
    -> First of the Stranger (TBM): dly19/dmg123, Proc only 190dmg, HP311, AC19 (not upgradable by Augs so far)
    -> Fist of Fidelity/Dissenting Handrazors/Stylet of Sacrificed Desires/Cudgel of the Stranger, all for BST bad, the first two have delay 19 instead of 18 like the TDS-Versions, so for a level 105, who never did TDS useful, all others laugh about them - and the procs are also a joke.

Didn't tested the Hero Tasks because the third was really hilarilous - perhaps something has been done to balance, but I don't know.

After this patch the points would go up perhaps a rate of: 3-4/10

If the scalable stuff does not work then it has not the extreme impact at moment except that if that impact is needed to get the third hero-quests to success (without raiders) then it is only group playable up to max. the second hero or in some cases only the first hero quests.

But the last patch made it out of a kind of alpha to a beta status.
  13. Lonye Augur

1/10
    F
    Would not buy again
    10%

The launch of this expansion was horrid. Optional tasks that would delete your entire group task, other optional tasks that must be completed. Sure, maybe 30% of the bugs have been fixed so far. But I already put the s*** in my mouth, and it's really hard to get the taste out.
    Iila likes this.
  14. Silv Augur

Disclaimer: you will never be able to unsee this.
  15. Mediik Augur

dear god.. why
  16. Mayfaire Augur

Hey guy.
  17. Aghinem Augur

That seems to be the new business model; rather than pay for an expansion - we are now paying for what is promised to be delivered sometime in 2016.
    Geri_Petrovna likes this.
  18. YellowBelly Augur

I grade it so low that it may make me quit the game after 14 years.
  19. Battleaxe Augur

7/10. After bug fixes and tuning I may think 8/10.

Since I've played for around 16 years I remember the first 3 or so months, dial up, LD's every 10 minutes, etc. Having survived the initial rollout and continued to play through it, this rougher than usual release ain't nothing.

Heck, I remember content that was so bad that hordes logged out and nver logged in again. Couldn't even raid unless you wanted to try with 36. Now people who've been gone for 6 months or more routinely log back in whenever there's a new release to see what it's like and to consider a comeback.There are people waiting for a spot in full raids. That don't happen when times are truly bad.
  20. Seering New Member

Great idea .. I actually like the way some zones were reused. Cheesy but it kinda works for this expansion.
    However the fact we have the following things obviously incomplete:
    Zones, itemization for drops, itemization on vendors, raid events , group events.

I mean seriously if they said they were going for the most incomplete or unfinished release in the market and history .. score would be perfect .. Right now . .it ranks one of the worst I've seen or played.
    Maybe not the worst released . but the worst one I have ever bought ... or played.