Monk Thunderfoot (Bugged) or sucks

Discussion in 'Melee' started by Ashten-Prexus, Nov 17, 2015.

1. Ashten-Prexus Journeyman

Thunderfoot procs are realllyyyy low, even with Twinproc not effecting them anymore we should be seeing alot more then what were averaging. Having 20 TF procs on a 20+ min event is way to low,this was suppose to get fixed or was fixed, any chance you guys could look into this.
  2. Gumby Augur

Working as intended.™

Dev's are either clueless with Monks on what they should be, or just blatantly hate them. Either way, it is what it is.
  3. Dropfast Augur

I can also confirm that this was not fixed as they claim. I'm seeing no difference at all after the supposed fix. I was only getting 2 thunderfoot procs off an entire Heel of Z burn. Sometimes even 0! After the "fix", it's still exactly the same. 0-2 Thunderfoots per Heel Burn. Please tell me how's it even possible to get 0 thunderrfoot procs after doing like 200+ flying kicks?

Thunderfoot's proc rate needs to be increased massively OR they just need to give monks a Twincast Thunderfoot AA. We never got a replacement for Focus of Glox. This would make up for it :cool:
    Xianzu_Monk_Tunare and Xdevlx like this.
  4. Pyrotec New Member

There you go ;)

Nov 18 Patch
    - Monk - Corrected an issue with Thunderfoot that caused this ability to trigger its effect less often than was intended.
  5. Ashten-Prexus Journeyman

It still sucks, averaging 1 every 3-4 minutes which is terrible
    Xianzu_Monk_Tunare likes this.
  6. SoroxDrinal Elder

From my parse tonight, 21 Thunderfoot III in 2849s...
  7. Zarakii Augur

what sucks is seeing 2 or less procs after a heel burn =P damn rng
  8. Ashten-Prexus Journeyman

Yeah im not sure what they "fixed" , but nothing has changed.
  9. Kiillz Augur

its far from fixed and still quite broken.....i parsed every event last nite ....and 20 TF on a long sustained event is FAR from working as intended....guess its blowing smoke at us time again.
  10. Gumby Augur

Last two nights of playing doing quests / missions in TBM.

646 mobs killed
    16,601 total kicks landed. (Due to Technique of Master Wu AA, those may all not be Flying Kick, but the majority should be.)
    --- Thunderfoot III = 189 procs

Unless I'm an idiot at Math, that looks like barely over 1% proc rate, when the AA window says 12% chance.

Even if dropping the total kicks down to 10,000, it seems to still only be just under 2%
  11. Riou EQResource

Based on that it sounds like it's currently set to 1.2% or something instead of 12% like window says, heh
    Xdevlx likes this.
  12. Taiqwon Augur

Been barking about this for quite a while:

https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq/index.php?threads/monk-thunderkick-and-twincast-broken.225995/

Late in the thread in Oct I called out that this was occurring. Hopefully a dev sees one of these and decides to fix it.

A key point I brought up in this is that regardless of fire percentages, it seems like it's behaving like a normal proc in that the rate of kicks doesn't seem to affect it. That was NOT the case in the past. It used to be that if you kicked more often (heel disc) you got more TFoot procs. We all know normal procs don't work this way so this is worth calling out because if they just adjust the percentage and leave it behaving like a normal proc heel won't be any more useful than it is at this moment.

It would also be nice to reinstate the ability to proc TFoot on Synergy, Stunning Kick and Crane (none of which proc it anymore)
  13. Claan Elder

I just looked at my Monk also. 53 out of 4008 on trash this morning. Looks like 1.3% to me:(
  14. Ashten-Prexus Journeyman

15. Sarcogian Augur

I'm content with where monks currently are. We're not broke and we're competitive. A 10% boost now will equal a 20% nerf later.
  16. Dropfast Augur

I'm pretty happy with where monks are also, but that does not mean that this shouldn't be fixed asap. Thunderfoot has been the staple for monks dps for a while now. Probably even our most powerful AA ever. It was bad enough that they NINJA nerfed thunderfoot to never be able to be twincasted again without even having the balls to tell us. But now, they have broke it even further to the point where it hardly even fires at all.

You make it sound like were asking for a 10% boost to it. We are not. We are asking that they FIX it to where it should be according to the AA it's self. Their is a huge difference between 13% proc rate and 1.3%. They "claimed" they fixed it during Beta. They did not. That's what this is about.
  17. Sarcogian Augur

Then the description needs to be changed to represent a 1.3% chance of 13%. Because a 11.7% increase to thunderfoot chances along with a chance to twin proc it is going to be a lot more substantial than a 10% increase. With the recent changes to 2hb and the 66% melee damage increase ~52-55%~ of our dps is coming from crush and another ~40-43%~ coming from kick at its current state. Let's say for the sake of argument EVERY thunderfoot is 100k base damage. Right now me and other monks are raids are getting 20-25 a night. That's 2mil to 2.5mil damage just from thunderfoots alone in, let's say a 300mil damage night. Little under 1%. Rogues and berserker are around 300-400+ mil total damage depending on group make up, deaths, events themselves. That's about right in my books, they should be ahead of us. Now let's say we go back to a 13% chance to thunderfoot instead of 1.3%. Using gumby's stats he has 16601 total kicks and 182 thunderfoots for a 1.1% average. That's 18.2mil damage from thunderfoot. If he was at 13% he would have had 2158 thunderfoots for a total of 215mil damage. Just from thunderfoots alone. How the hell would we EVER get away with that much more added damage just from kicks alone. If anything about it needs foxed, it's the description to reflect actual proc chance. I don't know how many kicks I do in a night, but say I get 21thunderfoots in an entire raid night at 1.1% chance, that's like, 2000 normal kicks. 2.1mil damage on a normal night. With the proposed 13% everyone wants fixed, that is now 260 thunderfoots at 26mil extra damage. Again, this is saying every single thunderfoot is 100k damage flat, not croting, not twin procing, not burning a disc to increase damage or stacking with bard/shaman clicks. So you and everyone else can argue to get the 13% back but you fail to realize how detrimental it will be to our class in the long run once rogues and berserkers catch wind of how much total damage we're doing when they're supposed to be the pure melee classes.
  18. Dropfast Augur

Your numbers are way off but I hear what your saying. I was not asking that it be made to be able to twincast again. I just want it back to procing at it's standard rate that it should be. I paid for those AA's, I want what I paid for.

TF going back to it's normal proc rate is not going to effect our Dps THAT much. Even if they up the proc % x10, does not mean we will get 10x more TF's. Their is a PPM rating on all procs to keep them from getting out of hand.

This is not a complaint for more DPS. This is me telling the Devs that their fix did not work. Simple as that. You seem to have missed that fact that this was already suppose to be done. A decision made from the Dev's, not me. I'm telling them it did not work. Simple as that.
  19. Gumby Augur

Just noticed it, but is the graphic still the black circle things that make a ring outward from the mob? I see that go off all the time and I thought that was the Thunderfoot graphic, but I look at parse and only see 0 to 1 actual proc's on the mob.

Could be something that it is procing, but not actually registering on the mob.
  20. Claan Elder

recent parse: 152 out of 14,349 = 1.06%