Monk Thunderkick and Twincast broken?

Discussion in 'Melee' started by Taiqwon, Aug 17, 2015.

1. Taiqwon Augur

The monks have been discussing in cross-server chat for the last week that none of us can find any instances where we have twincast Thunderkick since mid-june. This has been working for us since at least RoF and was really the primary reason that twincast was valued for monks.

After digging we'd found that on June 12 there was a change to the ability turning off a toggle as shown here:

http://lucy.allakhazam.com/spellhistory.html?id=38082&source=Live

We don't know what this toggle is but we were wondering if this is what disabled the "twincast-ibility" (I made up a word!) of the proc. We'd like to know if this was an oversight (we hope it was!) and if we could get it corrected?

Thanks for any help/insight!
  2. Riou EQResource

Pretty sure it was from when Dzarn put all AA to 254 instead of 255 since I believe twinproc twincast only works on spells level 255 (ie procs) - It should effect everyone with twinproc and everyone with AA procs that were changed this way.
    Iila likes this.
  3. Zarakii Augur

interesting i haven't paid any attention to it but now that you mention it i cant recall seeing any twincast thunderfoots for a while. in fact besides on synergy the procs have become very very few and far between on the other kicks (could just be horrid RNG it just loves me sometimes)
  4. Jiggs Elder

I was messing around on my monk alt after the last melee changes and I have an audio trigger for thunderfoot procs.

I just recently made the audio trigger and someone told me the message may have recently changed from what it was before. So I tested out my thunderfoot on a test dummy and it was proc'ing. However, I was not looking for twincasts so that would require further testing.

You need to make sure under filters that you have focus effects turned on. The message I used for the audio trigger currently reads "You begin casting Thunderfoot".
  5. Taiqwon Augur

I see all of my twincasts, as do others. It's simply not happening anymore. I hope a dev can have a look at this. We hurt in the dps dept a lot lately, stuff like this doesn't help. I feels like a mistake caught in the net of a larger change.
  6. Ashten-Prexus Journeyman

7. Gumlakx Augur

My recent raid experience is showing that Monks need a boost in DPS to be closer to Berserkers and Rogues.
  8. Leex Pewpewer

Monks are not a tier 1 DPS class, so they really shouldn't be that close to Zerkers or Rogues.
  9. Kiillz Augur

let say I ignore the tier comment.....but that gives reason to tuning them with warriors after the last "boost" that DBG gave all? shrug.
  10. Leex Pewpewer

Tuning them with Warriors?! Didn't Ash burn for over 230k last week? Lol what Warrior do you know that hits THAT hard!?

What do you think a Monk should burn for or sustain? That's the real question when you start talking about increasing dps.

You think Monks should do 100% of the damage a Rogue does? 90%?

I thought with the melee boost Monks were in a relatively nice spot.

Although I do think if you guys have an ability which currently isn't working as intended, such as thunderkick twincasting, that should be looked at.
  11. Kiillz Augur

no mention was made of Ash I know what Ash burned I was there with him and pretty right there with him on the number as well. My mention was when everyone got their arbitrary number boost from DBG, speaking in terms of % here NOT dps output, didnt think monks needed to be on the same number level % as warriors got, that is all , I aint complaining, monks should have had a % all their own persay as rogue/zerksers got as a dps class.

dont put words in my mouth ty kindly, as I never stated they should be even with rogues zerkers.
    Xianzu_Monk_Tunare likes this.
  12. Leex Pewpewer

So you mean Monks and Warriors got the same % of boost, I see. Their base is so different, that shouldn't really matter though, should it?

As for putting words in your mouth, if you look I never once mentioned YOU said anything regarding that was more for the comment that I first responded to, as they said monk DPS should be more inline with Rogue/Zerker DPS. I did ask how much of a Rogue/Zerker dps you think a Monk should burn/sustain for. A valid question when referring to DPS and the % boost given. ( For example I think Mages should burn between 70-75% of a Wizard, but sustain much higher then 70% of a Wizards damage )

As I said previously Rogues and Zerkers are a different tier DPS then monks, so it would make sense they got a bigger boost. Do I think monks should have got their own % increase? Maybe, but it seems to be working out pretty well for you guys, like I said previously, it's not like you had the base damage a Warrior does, so the increase, even though the same, was much more dramatic for Monks, which is probably why they didn't get their own individual %.( Or DB was just lazy )
  13. Kobrah Augur

Ammeren is a junkboob Mage!!!! Beasties fo life !!!
  14. Riou EQResource

You could double a Monks burn DPS and they still wouldn't be close to a Berserker (who saw a 1.5x burn DPS increase with their hit dmg mod AA). It's no surprise that one of the top guilds has had all their Monks re-roll as useful classes with no intentions of recruiting any. The Monk class is in an absolutely terrible position atm, if your guild has any cares on maximizing your raid force you will use 0 Monks atm.
    Sancus likes this.
  15. Sheex Goodnight, Springton. There will be no encores.

Welcome to the sk (and recently mage) club of 0-1 of us in an optimal raid and then all set? ;)
    Riou, Leex and Sancus like this.
  16. Riou EQResource

Monks joined the Shadow Knights with the TDS launch :p
    Sancus likes this.
  17. RangerGuy Augur

Zerkers, rogues and wizards are not sustained dps classes and yet nothing stops them from doing sustained class dps out to 4 minutes. Which encompasses just about every scenario in the game except maybe 2 fights.

Logic seems to no longer apply to dps balance or design.
  18. Stubar Augur

This argument is older than sin itself and holds as much water as a strainer.

Player skill and knowledge of mechanics > all.
  19. Behelit Augur

Yes Zerkers have higher burst than Monks, but luckily for Monks they make up for that with superior non-burn dps. I'm not sure what top guild you're referring to but they didnt make a very wise choice unless their Monks were flat out bad at playing a Monk. Monks in RoI are competitive with other melee on nightly combineds, and I'd wager we down the events faster than pretty much everyone. I have a hard time believing Monks in mid-tier guilds are losing to Zerkers/Rogues with the fight times they see.
  20. Leex Pewpewer

You'd be very surprised then. Generally Monks in mid tier guilds lose by a land slide to Zerkers and Rogues. This could be as you said, the people in said guilds are just bad at playing Monks. Or you need to be a better player to be competitive on a Monk, vs a Rogue or a Zerker.

I'd be very interested to know how your Monks stack up in the top 10..Any in the top 5? I've seen some good Monks, but Rogue level Monks?

And I agree with Stub, to a certain extent. EQ made certain classes deal more damage then others, no amount of knowledge is going to lessen that gap, unless you're exploiting the system.