CotF HAs obsolete now?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by tavv, Nov 20, 2015.

1. tavv New Member

So you guys "made the HA difficulty scale better with player level". Fantastic. What took 20-25 minutes before (with other people calling that "slow"), now takes 50 minutes. This should be reverted, if for no other reason than it is an indirect punishment for those who would be getting CotF for free when TBM went live. Like you couldn't just let it happen without some form of inconvenience along with it. That's not how this game should be run these days, you are KILLING your population, and it's obviously just to force sales on TBM. I don't operate like that; I won't reward a maliciously greedy master with more money. On top of all the recent nerfs to agro dropping abilities and massive buffs to melee classes with no warning, you continue to nerf everything left and right (launch day patch), things that have been the same for a decade (Silent casting, etc) and our aging population is very much used to. What you're essentially saying is: Hey you know all those changes we said were for balance? Yeah, those aren't working so well, and we need to make some changes that we think will fix everything. Later on down the road, when these changes don't work, we will revert some and change others further and still continue to imply it's the right move, no matter how many wrong moves we make.

This is why I am to this point: I feel like I've been bait and switched by this game once again. I came back after TDS was released and was around for the sale to Daybreak. I thought 'Well at least the game isn't shutting down'. Then I saw the announcement about "no more expansions but campaigns instead!", I thought 'perfect, what a good time to buy an expansion- it will be the last one!'. I bought TDS. Not long after that, TDS went on sale, half price. No big deal, even though I bought it on 4 accounts. Shortly after THAT, Daybreak announced "The Broken Mirror, expansion! (That's right we lied suckers ! )". I thought, well , they got me again. At least I can utilize these HAs for all my alt leveling pleasure. Nope, now that's over too, all exp required to level is now doubled, due to these changes. I'm not even talking about gribble, haven't done one in well over a month. EWK was my zone. Loved it. Now the privilege I paid for (being able to use HAs instead of grinding single mobs in a corner) is worthless.

So thanks, for me once again guys. I really thought you were making the game TOO easy to play for a while there, boy was I wrong. In fact what you did was essentially kill everything people found endearing so newbs wouldn't scare away, and then attacked all the things those very newbs would have benefited from later, because you released poorly balanced/underpowered content that makes people ignore expansions, like gribbles. It's like a teacher with a bad attitude, punishing the whole class due to their own laziness to fix the one issue.

So, obviously, I am not buying that horrible, buggy pile of old zones you call an expansion, and obviously, this is my "I'm out of here" letter. I know, I know, you don't care, etc etc. I won't even be reading any responses or coming back, I simply won't tolerate any differing opinions. I have been a punching bag for long enough, and I have come here and read the rants of others for years. I have never ranted like this, so you will absolutely hear me. Deal with it *sunglasses on*.

tl;dr Players have their experience ruined and are punished because of the Dev's shortcomings and corporate greed. This will never change.
    Faana, Poyzen Frawg and Morningdew like this.
  2. Lilura Augur

So I'm not imagining things. The DH HAs are suddenly a lot tougher with loads more HP on the mobs.

Honestly DBG, is it your goal to see how far you can push us before massive unsubs?
    Faana, Poyzen Frawg and Morningdew like this.
  3. Benito EQ player since 2001.

The HA nerf penalizes "filthy casuals."

Ironically, Smedley himself said modern day players (working class, time restricted people) have very short and limited gaming sessions (less than 30-45 minutes).

HAs, previous to the nerf, were great for limited gaming sessions (quick session for friends and pick up groups).

Sadly, the team is delusional to think the majority of the player base is simply hardcore and want to mindlessly grind the HAs even with lock out timers.

I agree with OP. They will only lose players (hundreds of casuals) in the long run.

*They want to slow xp speed because they can't crank out more content.
    Faana, Poyzen Frawg, moogs and 4 others like this.
  4. Lilura Augur

They lost me. It took over an hour to do one Gribble HA that normally takes about 30 minutes.

I logged for the night once I was done and don't really care to return.
    Faana, Poyzen Frawg, moogs and 4 others like this.
  5. Leex Pewpewer

Besides them hitting a little harder I don't think it's really that bad. Mage a Bard and two Rangers did all 3 DH HA's within 30 minutes..( Got over 100 AA's during that lesson burn )
  6. Zarakii Augur

think its more along the lines of some mobs in those ha's now hitting for 18-20k with tbm mobs hitting for 22k but being 2 expansions back... i feel bad for the casual grouping people trying to molo those now and we all know the only groups you see are boxed ones
  7. Iila Augur

It's not bad if you're grinding them in raid gear. It's the people who took 30-60 minutes to do them before that are getting their butts kicked now.
    sojero, Agrippa and Gyurika Godofwar like this.
  8. Lilura Augur

Were they all Triton people? You guys are a little better geared than us mere mortals. :p
    Faana likes this.
  9. svann Augur

Doesnt seem any harder to me. Finished 2nd run in a pickup group in under half hour. Ive done better in good groups but this honestly wasnt a great group so I wouldnt expect that.
  10. YellowBelly Augur

I think the developers hit a new low with this HA change.
    Faana likes this.
  11. Leex Pewpewer

Well....1 of the group members wasn't Triton...:p
  12. Zunar Augur

These are alot harder now, definetly. I'm not going to bother doing them anymore. Not for the exp, or to farm the rare drops.
    Faana likes this.
  13. Kolbayn Journeyman

Friend and I do the EWK HAs for AA xp- now I know why it took so much longer than usual last night :(
  14. Shogan Journeyman

Aye, CotF HA have been nerfed to the ground and more ....
    HP of trash mobs have been x5 - x10 (old : about 500k now 2.5m - 4m trash mobs)
    avg hits have gone up from 3.5k to 5.5 - 6k (and thats with >10k AC unbuffed)

rvr completly out of whack, but tbh i'm not wondering since its the same s*** they try'd with the release of TDS, but this time they ninja nerfed it, i regret not seeing it before i ordered the TBM expansion

Also Mob-Spawn-Points have been moved together alot closer and / or aggro range of the mobs has been hugely increased ....

Just wondering, they only had time to release a beta version but have time to screw us over again, wondering if this changes didn't take them more time, then the development of the TBM expansion
    Faana, Xeladom, beryon and 1 other person like this.
  15. YellowBelly Augur

1. Give players increased power
    2. Give the mobs those players were fighting increased power to match.
    3. Players did not actually increase in power.

It's actually fiendishly clever if your customers are too stupid to notice the ruse.
  16. Coronay Augur

Oh no ! What will the people do without their precious gribble?
    Darkark likes this.
  17. Brohg Augur

CotF HAs, and Gribbles in particular, straight up did not scale properly before. To pretend they were in a proper state for 105 grinding is to expose oneself as a liar or a fool.

Gribbling was simultaneously the easiest and the best way to get exp, a broken situation.

This should have been their state for the past year, to hopefully encourage tackling more demanding content.
    Reht, Beimeith, Kongfoo and 5 others like this.
  18. Shogan Journeyman

you mean to betatest their broken stuff (no offense to the beta-tester they did their job, but DB decided to release something you can hardly even call a beta version). Don't want to offend you, but no one ever tackles new stuff for grinding or xp, HA's were only done because they nerfed anything else into the ground, and try'd that with HA's too, but were twarted several times by idea's of the players ....

And xp in TDS + TBM is just abysmal, even with the nerf (to some degree i can understand that, but they would rather been gone and lowered XP then what they did) but what i'm offended myself is this nontalking trying to get one over thinking oh the players are stupid, they won't notice what we've done for one and for the second, they would rather have spent the time this took and released something you could even call a beta
    Faana and YellowBelly like this.
  19. Maedhros High King

Cant like this enough.
    People typically refer to the challenge of EQ as its greatest attribute.
    Being able to knock out 150+ aa in a 30 minute lesson burn on gribbles is easy mode.
    You cant have it both ways folks.

We have been long overdue to a nerf on Gribbles.
    Its like we have become a bunch of crackheads that are going to have withdrawals from Gribbles.
    I've had a lot more fun knocking out time trials or locking down a couple of camps in Arx or Combine than just about anything else lately. Gribbles cant approach that kind of entertainment.
  20. Tatanka Joe Schmo

Is this at level 105? I just got CotF (with the new expac), and haven't done any HAs yet. I was just hoping to start them this week. At level 96, is this what I should expect to see, or is this just for 105? Did the lower level HAs also scale way up in mob DPS?

Thanks,
    Tat