DB intervention in economy

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by FixShamanPlease, Oct 7, 2015.

1. Tyrolias Journeyman

you agree it is highly unethical, yet you would applaud them for their creativity. nice.
  2. Rhodz Augur

Why is it unethical?
    The EULA states they may do pretty much whatever they wish and everyone agreed to that.
    Illegalities is just a laugh but then so are a lot of courts.
    I wouldnt even surprised or in any way outraged to find they were doing this as it actually makes sense if one is willing to buy into the whole krono thing in the first place.
    Sell for real cash, buy back with game currency, destroy krono and profit.

Not like the economy has ever been without dev manipulation since day one, it is kind of their job.
    Of course it only works if no one knows about it...
  3. Tatanka Joe Schmo

And when I hit max level! (not since 2002, LOL).
  4. svann Augur

Not illegal. It would basically be them selling you plat.
    But if they did do much of that it would flood the economy with plat - causing general inflation. Which I think you would have to be pretty cynical to think they dont care about that.
  5. Risiko Augur

You people crack me up. Is it legal lol... It's a game. They can do anything they want with the game including turn it off right this second. They would be well within their rights.

Is it legal lol .... Funny stuff there
  6. Bigstomp Augur

Plat keeps increasing in game - I know just on thursday nights on my server, just in my raids, plat in the game increases by a couple hundred thousand.
    So people are willing to pay more - they have more plat - so prices go up.
  7. Nolrog Augur

You don't think it's illegal for a company to sell a product to a person and then go in and manufacture platinum to buy "a huge % of them back" no one is able to redeem that for game time that they were specifically sold for in the first place? Those are the kinds of things that put companies out of business.
  8. Daislet Augur

It's not illegal.

However they have no interest to do it.
    People who have krono want to sell it at XXX. And then you have a buyer called DBG who buys it all.
    All that causes if for the people who sold (and they are selling for profit) to then buy it slightly higher than they were. And with more limited supply, then ......all that plat cashing so few krono's.