was doubling recast time on beguiler's directed banishment intentional?

Discussion in 'Casters' started by Blurred_Memories, Sep 24, 2015.

1. Silv Augur

Oh geez, just can't let go of that Sanguine crystal change, eh?

I care that it was altered in any form because it was erroneously linked to another ability. It's just not what I would consider a "fix". Unlinking Breath/Banishment = fix. Unlinking and completely changing timers on abilities that weren't broken = beyond "fix". That just shouldn't have happened IMO.

I get Dzarn's explanation that make it sound like code limitations - or just the easiest way to do it but yeah...

That said, I'm also jumping on the bandwagon that I don't care what the timer is now. The rationale for changing it is my problem.
    Sindaiann likes this.
  2. Reval Augur

What rationale is that? Is it that it was a "stealth nerf"? I could take the same thing you just said above and apply all of it to the sanguine crystal nerf. I get that you don't use it much, and I'm a fringe case, but honestly if you're going to say sanguine was "overpowered" or "needed to be nerfed", I'd ask the same thing I asked before that people ignored because they can't answer it: Find me a genuine post on these boards of someone complaining about sanguine crystals being "overpowered" that isn't after the time that azure mind crystals became overpowered. I get that when you have nearly infinite mana that ability becomes more powerful, but without that, as things are now, frankly it was not overpowered.

They changed the mana costs differently, which shows the abilities aren't linked. We've had that ability for years. Frankly that nerf was unnecessary, and while again I'm a fringe case, and that's where you'll probably go on this one so you can just hop over everything I've just said, it affected my server to a fairly large degree. I basically lost a raiding enchanter over it, and it closed the door that much more for the possibility of another raiding enchanter really playing on Zek.

I've never seen anyone really complain about it outside of when azure mind crystals were broken. So I guess I'll just ask this: are you being inconsistent in your rationale?
  3. Sindaiann Augur

100% agree

No one cares about sanguine crystals....you continue to babble on about something that is no longer relevant in an attempt to discredit what the OP was even discussing. We get it, your butt sore over sanguine crystals....
    Silv likes this.
  4. Reval Augur

There's that little kid attitude again. I get it, you got a pair of glasses and now you're an intellectual.

Don't worry, if you post enough blind support for this without actually thinking it through or actually addressing anything I've said, senpai might notice you.

But that same person said this:
    And if you want to support Silv, then find a post on these forums that was not after azure was broken that has people complaining about sanguine mind crystal. I sustain that it went "beyond 'fix'". So if your stance is that you love Silv, step up to the plate and find that post. Get me some coffee while you're at it.
  5. Silv Augur

My statement about rationale isn't even remotely close to your whole Sanguine Crystal issue. Stop deflecting and making this about Zek and how adversely crystals changed your game. Just because no one talked about it being OP or sploity doesn't mean that it was ever intended. And saying "I'll go there" about Zek is completely relevant to everything you've said so acting like I'm intentionally ignoring it is just a bit silly - because you can't for your argument.

Rationale I have an issue with: We "fixed" two AA lines that were linked erroneously but went beyond just fixing them and changed the reuse timers because it was easier to code/limited by code [as explained by Dzarn]. However, we are getting a compromise on the timer re-use since it wasn't an intention to nerf the ability.

Rationale for Sanguine Crystals: We didn't like how crystals work so we're nerfing it. It should have never functioned that way in the first place. Did they overdo it? Yeah, kindof.

I don't see how I'm being inconsistent in my reasoning. So, that said, please explain how you can draw any type of comparison between what has happened. One was a fix to improperly linked AA abilities that had a side effect of altered re-use timers. It's being adjusted to function within the limits of their code without being OP. The other was a nerf because they didn't want Enchanters chain healing because... we're not healers?
  6. Sindaiann Augur

Support silv? My point is your arguing people shouldn't "complain" about bdb timer change when your still upset about sanguine crystals..........how is that rational?

A) I don't care about the timer change with bdb, transparency would of been nice. Would it of made more sense to change drakkin breath stuff? Apparently not according to Dzarn. So it doesn't matter.

B) I don't care about sanguine crystals

C) I play an enchanter and have dealt with non mezzable/non rootable mobs. You have other tools available to you, some elite, some not. Do you want to be proud of when you figure it out, or just go the easy way and have someone feed you the answers?- your words. So your telling people to stop complaining about a patch change that did something other than what was intended, telling them to basically toughen up and utilize the tools you have and get 'er done? (which i totally agree with)

Yet your over here completely crying like a baby about sanguine crystals (that was changed months ago) in an attempt to discredit the OP about bdb and why that "fix" was implemented and whether something else was a better solution.

It is your rational that I can't understand.
  7. Random_Enchanter Augur

Personally, i'm still confused on where the compromise came from. I get that the compromise was to set BDB and BB to 8 sec reuse instead of 12 and i'm happy for that. If the intent was to fix the linking and not nerf as everyone is saying, then I'm curious as to why it's not 6 sec reuse like when the abilities were linked. Admittedly, the net 2 second increase doesn't make much difference (it makes some) I'm just curious as to were it came from. was BDB and BB meant to be 8 sec reuse originally? does it need to be something other than 6 sec to keep if off the same timer as the breath AA?
    Silv likes this.
  8. Sindaiann Augur

I agree with you Random and that's basically Silv's point as well (I believe), and I share that point as well.

I can assure you however, in a few months time, I will not be posting about this..........
    Silv likes this.
  9. Reval Augur

You are caught in a glasses cage of emotion!

as fas as Silv jr, I posted C for contrast, to see what it's like on the other side of the fence. Read the rest of the thread so you can be pseudo intellectual-ly honest.

I also posted before that post = care, which is very true. People don't post about things they don't care about. I see you care very much about projecting your lack of care for the timer change, on a thread you took the time to post on about it. You didn't post before about sanguine crystals, so I actually believe B.

As far as Silv Sr, for what it's worth you generally have my respect. I already quoted the rationale I'm talking about. I'll just cut down to the bare bones here..
    Basically my end point is that even though everyone wants to act cool, and like they don't want this fixed, once you get past the 5 pairs of glasses to the ariel hipster meme underneath they all want it fixed to some degree, or this thread wouldn't exist in the first place, just like it basically didn't for sanguines outside of me.

When I talk about inconsistencies in rationale, I'm not talking about daybreak's rationale, I'm talking about yours.

Going to bat to the degree you have for this

conflicts with the rationale you showed for sanguine crystals

additionally, when it comes to this change, you don't mention reasonable challenge, but with that change you do. Show me a post before the azure crystal situation where anyone said that sanguine crystals made the game "unreasonably easy". I mean if you really crutch on them they made it "unreasonably easy" to run oom. That's about it. So it's a very different rationale from you.

Also, you said that my level of self righteousness was nauseating when I think you meant to say inspiring, and that you want to marry me.
  10. Reval Augur

Oh no, it only posted the part that was insulting to me in white, and the rest was in dark colors so you have to put forth effort to read it! I got curb your enthusiasm'ed!
  11. Silv Augur

Wow... this is exactly the point I've been trying to make. Maybe Reval will get it now.

Your definition of fix and nerf are clearly skewed. And again... people complaining or not complaining about an ability being OP doesn't mean that it wasn't. It just wasn't given enough attention beforehand because people had enough sense to keep their mouth shut for once. Did you see widespread posts about cheezing Haze for the first 6 months it was live? No. Please continue to talk about Sanguine Crystals though. I'm sorry you're still having trouble adjusting your playstyle after the devastating "fix". :rolleyes:
    Sindaiann likes this.
  12. Reval Augur

Hey! Don't sass me with your roll eyes.

If you played under the same conditions I do, you'd probably be doing the same thing I am. Let me know how sanguine mind crystals hurt blue if you can. Tell it like an example of a person that used them and it made blue worse somehow.

Clearly bdb is a step towards a one button win class, right? I mean it's faster than casting mez in its original state. It's too powerful and should be nerfed. Should I start posturing about how you're all weak players because you can't adjust? lol

It's bad for people to take pot shots at someone like that, but my pot is pretty big, and it will call any kettle black that it chooses Sheex!

#preemptivestrike #I'mbasicallyjonstewartfromthedailyshowinthispostbutabouttriflinginternetissues #revalisthegreatest #superdandin.

Reval likes this.
  13. Sheex Goodnight, Springton. There will be no encores.

[IMG]

PS: are you possibly the Burger King Chicken Fries Guy irl? If that were indeed your secret identityz, much would be 'splained.
    Random_Enchanter likes this.
  14. Reval Augur

Sheex, I posted a video for you. Watch all of it.

I get that you guys have no ability to care for people that aren't basically you lol. Posting memes that stale. Do it like a funny post that adds value in some way. If we're going to debate over the internet about a video game it better be hilarious. I put forth a lot of effort for it to be funny, for instance I used the hashtag superdandin.
  15. Sheex Goodnight, Springton. There will be no encores.

It's not a lack of empathy, it's that constant derailing other topics because of rear end hurt is what Battleblade/Mills do. You're better than that, sir.

Also re: the old meme, the South Park Jared/Subway one seemed a little inappropriate these days :(.
  16. Reval Augur

But I added the new context of how people treat this vs that, and it's pretty relevant as a context. People are very base and only concern themselves with what benefits them, despite their attempts at masking it. This thread is almost shakespearian if you have a pabst blue ribbon or 20.

And to be fair, if I want to mask things like everyone else does, I can easily say that this is about inconsistencies in expectations by community members. I honestly think there are inconsistencies shown, and I've pointed out a few of them. I think if you took out all of the biases here and looked at it through fresh eyes, you'd probably agree.
  17. ~Mills~ Augur

Oh look its the intrawebs meme police guy!! Seriously kelefane I thought you quit why can't you let peoples talk in threads without your constant important inputs? If other people are passionate about stuff that impacts them we don't need your debbie downer meme policing in every other thread.
  18. Reval Augur

Yeah, be a debbie upper Sheex.
  19. Silv Augur

Seriously - you're going to compare chain casting HP crystals to a 2 - 4 second change in recast time of punt as the new "one button win class"? No one is buying this comparison or logic. It was an ill conceived comparison to start with.

The only one masking the issue is you - you ignored the whole point of the thread to start up another pity party about Zek and your beloved Sanguine Crystals. It is not our fault you made lifestyle choices as to what server you play on that have now become regrettable to you.

Continue on with the memes though, please.
    Sheex and Sindaiann like this.
  20. Sheex Goodnight, Springton. There will be no encores.

Guile theme is pretty sweet brosef. Though when it comes to song loops, Nyancat is where it's at.

How cute, thanks for sharing.