It really leaves a bitter taste when you break our things

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Motherlee, Sep 23, 2015.

1. Motherlee Augur

in order to please whiners on the TLP servers. We walked up hill both ways in the snow to spawn Quilmane and so can they. It almost feels as if you want the blue servers to shut down.

I'm calling it right now- the fade, the discs, the timers, the follow changes are going to mess up other things! Everquest is a delicate old lady and nobody can anticipate the amount of linkages in its parts.
    Povarmonk, Vetplayer and Metanis like this.
  2. Nenake Elder

okay
    complexication likes this.
  3. Metanis Bad Company

I have no problem whatsoever with the INTENDED changes. The unintended ones could be scary though.
  4. Motherlee Augur

The permanent clickers seem to be working much better than I expected. Is it because they have no timers to interfere with each other?
  5. Ducreux Augur

What changes were made on the TLP server that affected Live? If anything it's TLP that has been affected by the melee balancing they did on Live.
  6. Stephen51 Augur

Daybreak will need to be careful, in that, if they continue to restrict AA's to levels below the current max (example Divine Call, Paladin AA, drags a mob to you now capped at lvl 104) people may do what they need to do in a new expansion then move back to previous expansions to level up or just have a good time because it may become too restricting (aka challenging) due to lots of their abilities not working.

Some people may go to the extreme to not buying the new expansion because of this (where there is a lvl cap increase) but for now they may be in the minority.
    beryon, Vetplayer and Motherlee like this.
  7. Reht The Dude abides...

They are trying to bring some difficulty back to the game and trying to balance classes, it's been easy mode for far too long. I support the ideas behind the changes but am terribly disappointed with the execution; it felt like they were finally get their crap together but managed to take 4-5 steps back. It feels so haphazard, especially with almost no response to concerns brought up during testing.
    Elricvonclief and Motherlee like this.
  8. Thraine Augur

The good players will adapt and move forward, the cry babys will cry, the casuals will have to group more, the boxers will just keep boxing .. big deal. this has happened before and it will happen again.

These type of changes separate EQ from trash games like wow. if you want your game spoon fed to you go play wow .. i however prefer a challenge when i log in
  9. Whulfgar Augur

It really leaves a bitter taste when you break our things -"Motherlee "

To be fair, nothing is ours .. (according to the eula)
  10. Motherlee Augur

They're not being honest about what prompted the pulling changes. I'm guessing it's to stop automated pulling on TLP.
    Elricvonclief likes this.
  11. Whulfgar Augur

What if, it was to stop that very thing on normal servers ?
  12. Motherlee Augur

Nobody's complaining about automation on normal servers.
    Elricvonclief likes this.
  13. Devildawg Elder

If I were a conspiracy nut, I'd say it's to provide a more classic feel to the upcoming PoFear raid in next expansion. Rampant fades would kinda trivialize the break-in phase.
    Elricvonclief and Starrla like this.
  14. Motherlee Augur

As someone whose group wiped after an exodus in a Dead Hills mission recently (breaking in,) fades aren't going to save your butt at zone in in PoFear. :-D
    Elricvonclief and mystic37 like this.
  15. Zunnoab Augur

The massive assault on raid utility that results from the changes is far reaching and scares me for the stability of low/mid end raid forces. Rampage is just one of the many examples.
    Motherlee likes this.
  16. Garshok Augur

Bingo
    Elricvonclief and Motherlee like this.
  17. Motherlee Augur

And tonight, nobody could play because of something that happened on Ragefire.
    Elricvonclief and mystic37 like this.
  18. Vetplayer Elder

Thraine

"The good players will adapt and move forward, the cry babys will cry, the casuals will have to group more, the boxers will just keep boxing .. big deal. this has happened before and it will happen again.

These type of changes separate EQ from trash games like wow. if you want your game spoon fed to you go play wow .. i however prefer a challenge when i log in"

"These type of changes separate EQ from trash games like wow"
    Wrong!
    No!
    These changes to take away Abilities you paid for .. are called nerfs.

Abilities are the structure to keep a player paying to play. A goal to achieve. A Quest to complete.

Nerfs make players quit.
    This is not supposed to be the definition of " EverQuest "

Motherlee likes this.
  19. Kobra Augur

Nerfs never made people quit. Nerfs make people whine and then they go on to keep playing anyway eventually figuring out ways to bypass the nerfs.

I guarantee that is what happens this time too. In a few weeks or months you will have adjusted and EQ life will go on as usual.
    mystic37, Thancra and Kiillz like this.
  20. Motherlee Augur

Didn't notice the population dwindling? How can you people miss something as plain as the nose on your faces? The age of EQ isn't the reason people are quitting.
    Miss_Jackie likes this.