It really leaves a bitter taste when you break our things

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Motherlee, Sep 23, 2015.

1. Rhodz Augur

You know thats a logical and insightful position on whats been going on, and wasted on these guys that are basically doing the same whining they pretend to gripe about. I am not sure if they are trolls or just that logic impaired. Maybe they are of a type that like abuse, it is a real thing with some minds.

The laws of unintended consequences never suspend just because of good intentions, in fact they amplify.
    Vrinda, Elricvonclief and Motherlee like this.
  2. Thraine Augur

Well sorry that this pill is hard to swallow but nerfs have been around as long as EQ, the devs cant foresee every little thing a new ability is going to do, but we as players push the limits of what we can do everyday. when the devs notice things getting out of hand they try their best to reel the balance back in.

a few of you see these abilities as god given rights or something, they are far from that ... me personally ive already adapted and am moving forward. no sense in crying over spilled milk :)
  3. Koryu Professional Roadkill

How many years does an ability need to be in the game before it stops being new?

Fade/Fling changes were poorly thought out, and never should have been patched in.
  4. Rhodz Augur

Nerfs have been around since MUDs long before EQ. Do you think this genre started with EQ? Hardly
    When we were running our own little MUD years before EQ or even UO a nerf was looked on as a the failure it is and a black eye to who ever caused it. But then we were fans of the idea of persistent games and could not get enough theory crafting on the subject which once actually occurred back when it was a labor of love not cash.
    It is just sloppy work and people are acting foolish to see it otherwise.
  5. Wraithlord1998 New Member

Not the first time - nor will it be the last time we've all been hit with the nerf bat. What concerns me is that in spite of all the logical and insightful input (regarding the changes), it appears that Daybreak haphazardly charged into a "china shop" without fully thinking things through. Changes may have been needed, but I don't think they were implemented very well as things stand now.
    Vrinda, Elricvonclief and Motherlee like this.
  6. Aneuren Tempered Steel

Are you talking about the changes to Fade, etc? None of those abilities are live on the TLP servers, so it doesn't prevent the abuses at all. I am shocked and very appalled at how they've crippled Fade for bards.
    Motherlee likes this.
  7. runecrow Elder

Okay, look, here's the deal. Man, you were gonna play some bug-free EQ tonight, never be the wiser, but El Dev-o got in front of a window, did his high dive, we're into Plan B. Still breathing? Now we gotta make the best of it, improvise, adapt to the environment, Darwin, happens, I Ching, whatever man, we gotta roll with it.
  8. Zunnoab Augur

That attitude assumes people want to deal with it at all. Which leads into...

If you really think people do not quit over stuff like this you are mistaken. I can pretty much guarantee the way this was handled has cost them customers for the expansion. The general tone from those I talk to seems to be "really, you do this and you expect us to buy the expansion?" I will play yes, but my dedication is to my guild and friends. This kind of thing does not inspire confidence in me for the game. The one shot raids are another example, though not nearly as severe an issue as this. There are times developers must do what they feel is right for the game rather than making their choices a poll of the game's population, but sweeping changes like this are not something you do regardless of how your player base feels.
    Lily, Sancus, Spellfire and 2 others like this.
  9. Motherlee Augur

They have reversed incredibly stupid decisions before. ATM, I can only remember the ones they let stand. Here's hoping we'll have forgotten about binds and fades being an issue a few months from now.
  10. Rhodz Augur

Given the same people that made some of those incredibly stupid decisions are the ones implementing the fixes that must also then take into consideration other changes made based on the incredibly stupid decisions its never a given things are improved with the fix or the fix to the fix or the ...

And hell no we aint forgetting ;)
    Mem blurs are not in the EULA.
    Vrinda and Motherlee like this.
  11. runecrow Elder

Wrong! That attitude makes no assumptions. People that don't want to deal with it simply EQ-die in the EQ-fray. Weeded out by natural EQ-selection where only the adaptable can continue in the never-ending struggle for EQ-survival. It's a global event, people. The DEV-meteor has struck the west coast. The cloud is billowing into the darkening skies. The corpses of those unable to EQ-adapt litter the highways on both sides. And you, my father, there on the sad height,
    Curse, bless, me now with your fierce tears, I pray.
    Do not go gentle into that good night.
    Rage, rage against the dying of the light.
    Motherlee likes this.
  12. Ragbert Elder

13. Rhodz Augur

Actually no, they look around and understand one is not tied to this game and leave. A few clicks and a "better" world is attainable, kind of makes perseverance against all better judgement a sign of addiction yes?
    Think not?
    Heh then what is the payoff for all that effort except more of the same?
  14. Motherlee Augur

They should at least give TLP 4 shared bank slots so when the log-in server glitches, AGAIN. it doesn't mail our stuff back.
  15. Bigstomp Augur

Other than breaking one of my aggro pets, I havn't noticed a huge change really.
    Raid events are still dieing, both in main raids, and casual raids.
    I'm a warrior, so pulling changes I have not seen, I don't pull beyond tag something and tank em all, so I can't comment there.
  16. Motherlee Augur

The bind bug will be fixed with next patch according to Dzarn. The cc methods are still incredibly screwed up with no word from the devs on why and wherefore. If they were messed up because of them diddling with the TLP rules, I have not heard about it. In fact, nobody knows why they did this!
  17. Triconix Augur

Tenacity length has been cut in half and BFI is not sustainable anymore, plus it's incredibly underpowered...at least until the next patch.
  18. Motherlee Augur

Warrants a new thread here.
  19. Bigstomp Augur

Things are on easy farm, so again, I havn't noticed. Guilds that are struggling a little more likely would notice.
    Elricvonclief likes this.
  20. Motherlee Augur

Why did they do that? Was it in the patch notes?