Server Downtime: Thurs, Sept 24 @ 5:30 PM PDT

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Roshen, Sep 24, 2015.

1. Fnyanea Augur

Well, lets see, they pushed this patch to test, test players all reported ALL of these issues.... One week later they pushed to live without fixing any of them..... Do you see the problem yet?
    Garshok, Motherlee, Xeladom and 4 others like this.
  2. Lorai Lorekeeper

It's kinda hard to raid anyway when 1) Everyone is gritching about yesterday's changes and 2) wizzies are blowing themselves up instead of the mobs...
    Reht, Motherlee, Nightmares and 2 others like this.
  3. Majique_of_Rathe New Member

Bad form guys.. Earlier today, later tonight.. great, but right at prime time??? Not real bright..

Wizzies only need to take off pyromancy in order to not blow themselves up btw..
  4. Zarakii Augur

speaking of how were those raids going with all the stuff screwed up before the patch?
  5. Nightmares Augur

ROFLMFAO Love it. Suicidal Wizards...
    Didn't you know? they took their queues from Monty Python's Life of Brian... The Suicide Squad!
    Thanks for PM'ing them and finding out about that. Personally I would love to see it work like: When you select the AA in the window and hit the "Make Hotkey" it makes a button, that when pressed, switches it on and off. It's pretty simple and would be a quick fix vs different code lines or ID's for each.
  6. mackal Augur

That would probably require a lot more work of how AAs work and a new packet or something ... As long as I have something I can throw in a hot button that switches my bandolier I'll be happy.
  7. reagentz New Member

[IMG]
    I hear this helps when butt hurt.
    Rcalielie likes this.
  8. Lorai Lorekeeper

Decent Programming Best Practices text is available for free on the intarweb in volumes. If they would google them, and follow them, and then nights like this might not happen...
    Motherlee likes this.
  9. Nightmares Augur

actually it's not really that hard. A simple C++ True/false statement code could do it, can also go back to Binary O or 1 for open or closed. Click the button and it's enabled, click it again and the statement becomes false and it disables. literally would take less than 1 min to write the lines for that, and just have to adjust the AA that they placed in to accept that as a switch. Which is a good thing they JUST worked on it, so it's fresh in their minds.
    It's also one of the most common C++ libraries to access for that.
    But yeah, it's a little work.
  10. Pissedashellandquit New Member

As of yesterdays idiotic update already quit this just confirms they dont give at all about this game personally they need to end it before they destory it. wait thats to late
  11. Xegony New Member

Personally, I love the forum section for reporting bugs that was created, LOCKED, and will not allow us to even report the bugs we find.... I'm all for them fixing certain bugs, despite the prime time that they selected for performing this hotfix. Notably the problem with wizards and other big issues that will prevent raids from going well. The worst part about this "update" is that it broke more than it fixed, and it was live for a week on the test server, the bugs reported and known, and they STILL implemented it on the live servers without changing it... /sigh
    Lorai and Nightmares like this.
  12. bober Lorekeeper

Must've been an issue involving the Daybreak money store in game, that kind of stuff gets immediate attention.
  13. Savil Lorekeeper

Maybe if they could actually patch without needing 12 follow up patches to fix the patch nobody would "cry". Maybe if they actually had a Q/A team things would need so many follow up patches. Maybe if they actually let a patch stay on beta long enough to actually get solid testing / feedback before rushing to push it live ppl wouldn't be upset... Maybe if they could actually push a patch from test to live without *screwing everything up* ppl would be cool with it.

But lets face it, that will never happen cause these guys don't seem to have a clue, and have a long ... long track record of screwing up far more often than anybody has a right to ask to be overlooked.

Savil
    Lorai likes this.
  14. Savil Lorekeeper

Personally I'd rather they tested stuff better before they pushed *crap* live.

Savil
    Xeladom likes this.
  15. Makavien Augur

Shoulda reverted the entire untested patch that nerfed positioning abilities and countless other abilities just to have some aa for next expansion. If you needed aa ideas all you had to do was ask.
    Garshok likes this.
  16. Cicelee Augur

It is one night of loss raids. One night. And some of you are throwing a conniption like WW3 is about to begin.

Unbelievable.

I was on a casual raid. I logged off. I am going to make dinner, watch football, play some Xbox 360, maybe watch a movie, work on resume.

I am 100% confident your lives, both in the real world and in Everquest, will continue after this interruption of play.
    LoneWolfX, Zarakii and furrykitty like this.
  17. Zarakii Augur

mwahaha just made myself a home made pizza!
  18. LoneWolfX New Member

19. Pyrott New Member

What was ghost fixed? I don't think there's any reason to bring down the servers during prime time unless there was an exploit that was made aware of.
  20. reagentz New Member

Go get that resume updated and get a job. :p