Yo GM or Dev

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Frenzic, Sep 7, 2015.

1. taliefer Augur

you canget 400 bone chips in under an hour easy, no hacking required. it takes thousands upon thousands to get exp, but farming bone chips is like banking exp for kunark launch.

the quest has been in game forever. this shouldnt have come as a surprise to any players or the devs, why else would there be perma bone chip farming going on? if the devs didnt want this to happen, they should have nerfed the exp on it long ago.
    Motherlee likes this.
  2. Steampunk Augur

Of course it does. You get x points per chip. Normal people probably do give in to diminishing returns around level 10. On the other hand, if you have a bunch of chips anyway, you might as well.
  3. Norathorr Augur

Wow but that must be like thousands and thousands of chips per level? I guess being able to stack 100 at a time and hand in more than four at once might make this a viable choice compared to hunting. It sucks that a low quest should enable this but they should not despawn the mob when someone has saved the chips I guess. They instead should have had the forsight to just stop quests giving exp beyond a certain level.
  4. Iila Augur

Time to mark this down in your "Things I have gotten nerfed" column and move on.
  5. Norathorr Augur

Having said this if they were gained from AFK huning and advanced looting or automation scripts, all the bone chips should be deleted and the exp rolled back! The quest itself should be looked at if this is actually a viable option. A newbie quest like this should give exp only till level 10 or so.
  6. dreama121 Journeyman

80 stacks of 100 were giving about a level and a half between 45 up to 50 with the double XP bonus. 1.5 levels ain't bad for a Krono.
  7. Silv Augur

With stacking / quest NPC changes you could hand in 400 at a time (since bone chips stack to 100, and NPCs accept stacks). On Live people would do it because you can buy chips from a vendor. Of course, no one cares about how you level an alt there. Although, I have no doubt people abusing it on TLP have hoarded thousands upon thousands of chips since server launch in anticipation of this. Anyone thinking they were the sole target of some GM conspiracy is delusional.

Probably just a TLP nerf, and I use that term lightly as it's borderline a fix. I don't think the NPCs are gone on Live. I also have no desire to check :p
  8. Iila Augur

Hey, I'm proud of every line I cause in patch notes!
    Beimeith and Gyurika Godofwar like this.
  9. Silv Augur

My crowning achievement: Geomantra stacking. And yeah, taking full credit on that glorious patch change. :D

Oh, but on topic, how 'bout those bone chips, yo?
    Gyurika Godofwar and shik like this.
  10. Bigz_Zupdarty Augur

The devs didn't want this too happen, so they nurfed the exp last night. The same thing has happened in the past with the wine quest in nerik. Saving up 60k bone chips so you don't have to level too 60 killing a single mob? yea I think the quest npc needed to be removed. There is no way to spin this that the devs are in the wrong. Eq is their game, under their design, they reserve the right to change any part of it, at any time.
  11. Aereus New Member

Since the reality of the situation has been glossed over until now, let me expound on this issue:

Through whatever means, be it Paineel skele farming or buying the stacks, Frenzic stockpiled 100s of thousands of bone chips and was doing the turn-in. Not for leveling a character from 1-20. But to level his character from L50 to L60 within 60-90 mins.

You can argue over whether DGB was in the right in this case, but this is clearly against the spirit of the game so the feigned victim complex being exhibited here should be ignored.
  12. Aereus New Member

This is likely to have been part of it, as a contingent of his associated mage boxes could frequently be seen parked hidden behind the big tree just next to the Paineel bone chip farming exploit spot. I can't say that I remember exactly whom I've seen on the spot, but when I've seen someones bots in action on the spot ... the speed at which the skeles spawn would net you thousands of chips a day. Supplement that with buying on the side and you could easily stockpile over a million ahead of Kunark.
  13. Norathorr Augur

Well unfortunately it seems some people pride themselves on running bot armies and finding every loophole and shortcut in the game to get ahead. It would be a shame for this nice newbie quest to disappear for those who genuinely are leveling from the start. Having said that exp gain seems alot easier when you have modern era powered toons so perhaps the quest is a moot point and should be taken out all together as these TLP servers are about as classic as the guild lobby.

I am thankful I never resubbed for TLP. If the non box server is done correctly (Alot more tuning other than simply removing boxing) Daybreak might earn my custom again. Sounds like these servers are cesspools though. Shame the modern game is so bland else I would not be forced onto an server.
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  14. Vanrau Augur

Devs do this to prevent people from power leveling themselves. This happens every expansion release and isn't new and will continue to happen every expansion release so might as well get used to it.
    Bigz_Zupdarty likes this.
  15. Tulgin Augur

Bot script afk farmed Bonechips, handed in via an afk bot script. QQ too bad.
  16. Banuvan Augur

Known botter gets backhanded like a by the GMs for trying to ignore the entire leveling process for an entire expansion.

No sympathy.
  17. Ghubuk Augur

Unless they are going to ban him, he is still laughing at them.
  18. Sebbina Augur

I believe that claiming it was a GM or such that took the mob is unlikely, i have seen players port names from their spawn directly to be killed- obviously using illegal software. If a mob can be pulled across zone to kill a griefer could move a quest NPC. If a GM has a problem with your activities you will almost certainly know it. I do have to ask - how does anyone think it possible to store 100k bone chips on Ragefire when 10 slots are largest bags. Granted I used Bone Chips by the 100s on the iksar in Field of Bone to improve faction with many Cabilis folk, i think it usually took 1000s, and way back a stack was 20 deep. As to leveling with BC even during DD XP, I doubt it is effective leveling as each level requires so many more to progress, and the handin in Kaladim involves receiving a minor item, which takes up space. I am not aware of the value of XP gain at higher levels in Kaladim, but the results will be diminishing.
    Motherlee likes this.
  19. Silv Augur

Alts? Shared Bank? When you're running a box army, bank space is the least of your concerns.
  20. dreama121 Journeyman

As I recall, it took 160000 chips on live to go 1-50. With double xp, it goes down to 80,000 or a total of 800 stacks. This is only ten characters with full bags.

One can accomplish this with 4 characters total with full inventory and full banks.