New Raid Concepts

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Aurmoon, Sep 3, 2015.

1. beryon Augur

African or European cliknar?
  2. Diptera Augur

Well, the African cliknar is non-migratory...
  3. Belchere Lorekeeper

Just one request, PLEASE.

Make whatever raids you do not depend upon one person missing an emote wiping a raid. That is just depressing and will drive more people from the game quicker than anything else.

The one of raid in Arx for Praetor Vitio was awesome - punish (even severely) those that miss emotes but for the love of Brell, leave out the wipe the whole raid because someone had lag at a bad time emote. At no time should 53 people get punished because one person is lagging, cyboring or whatever, that mechanic is pretty dumb, especially in an era of a shrinking playerbase.

It would also be rather dreamy if you put in some mechanic for seeing who failed emotes that lead to AoE effects. As some have suggested, put in stuff to DO in the raids, breaking up a raidforce, having to contend with different adds, or even puzzle solving. However having to mindlessly run in a counter-clockwise circle whenever the mob says Boo! is rather annoying and the OPPOSITE of fun.

Most people play this game out of a sense of fantasy, and I cannot remember any fantasy books where the hero was part of an army, and their standing order was to "Take off your shield, if the Blue Leader of the enemy raises his left arm, but wear your left boot on your right foot if he waves his right arm above his head". Those sort of mindless emotes are just demeaning to the whole raid, and removes the immersion for me.
    Dre., Spellfire and Viper1 like this.
  4. Diptera Augur

Sacrificial Lamb - the mob randomly picks two players, and makes the rest of the raid vote on which one gets deathtouched. Should either of the chosen players depart the zone before the vote is completed, everybody gets punished.

The Big Brother House - at regular intervals, the mob chooses a toon to permabanish from the zone (banished toon cannot reenter the zone until the mob is dead). A small number of groundspawns can be clicked to give a player immunity from the banishment.

Kill the Uglies - mob attacks players in order of CHA score, from lowest to highest,
  5. Viper1 Augur

after reading just the name, I thought you were gonna say "1 player must voluntarily sacrifice themselves" to keep the event going. There could be an altar that periodically one raid member must click on to "sacrifice" themselves or else the mob powers up. Too many power ups or missed sacrifices and the mob becomes too tough to kill.
    Xianzu_Monk_Tunare likes this.
  6. Pizzicato New Member

Which iteration on FC trash do you mean? lol I dont mind clearing (yes I actually like a little) some trash but the original iteration was beyond insane lol
  7. Diptera Augur

..and Ranger sacrifices displease the mob, since they're ten-a-penny ;)
    Esero likes this.
  8. Norathorr Augur

Do a zone like Demiplane again. Zone wide AE raid needs to work on ridding themselves of and lots of tricky trash and events. I would also like an old planar concept where gear can drop off trash and extra special gear from the event mobs.

I dislike the concept of loot farm zones where you just get a script presented to you without having to clear through and army to get there. Demi introduced alot of new concepts. I like the idea of weapon types and resist types mattering again. I like events that mean half your force cant auto pilot.

Mechanics like the Sullons Viral DA were awesome (Thanks Qujam for that one!). Devlin the tank having to change weapon lineup. That could be extended to the rest of the raid force having to use certain weapon types or suffer immense DS and casters having to cast the correct kind of nukes or dots else suffer massive feedback damage. Would suck for Dot classes, but hell everyone gets the shaft sometimes (especially melee it seems). Traps on the ground that spring adds in an event where mobility is important so not only moving from move emotes but making sure you are watching you dont trigger adds while you are in motion would be quite fun and frantic.
  9. Roxxanna Augur

This.

Everytime I do Vitio, I get that Kylie Minogue song stuck in my head.......

Everybody's doooooin the locomotion,
    Come baby, doooo the locomotion
  10. Tanols Augur

Personally I liked the direction they were going in SoD with raid events that scaled in difficulty and loot based on the size of the force you fielded. I also liked the direction they went with in RoF with bringing back old zones that had changed with time etc. for many people it was nostalgic and for others it was their first time visiting those zones and seeing what until then they had only heard about.
    How to make it work with the Lore eh that is one area of the game that I never paid much attention to but the introduction of an alternate timeline in a campaign setting that has us "going back to the beginning" then forward in an "alternate reality" to me seems to have huge potential with some of the groundwork already done.
    Keying for VT then one shot clears of the zone, Uqua, OMM, Queen Sendaii, Redfang ... several other raids/raid progressions I can think of that were nightmarish back in the day and led to the stagnation if not outright folding of several guilds were also some of the most memorable due to the sense of accomplishment in having won them.
  11. Sheex Goodnight, Springton. There will be no encores.

Also are they laden or unladen?
    Diptera likes this.
  12. Beatslayer Journeyman

This is a solo monster mission idea, but it fits this thread.

The mission would be revisiting old raids to exact your revenge against a tyrannical raid leader.

The first instance would port you to 20-30 npc heroes fighting Hatchet in his lair. Your goal is to wipe the raid and anger the raidleader. To do this, you have to outagro the NPC warrior tanking hatchet, let hatchet chase you, and let his AEDT blow up as many NPC raiders as possible. As soon as they get DT'd, the cleric NPC's begin to revive them. You must land enough AEDT's in quick succession so that Hatchet is able to wipe the raid.

The second instance would be in Tacvi. You have to help kill one of the snake bosses until the explosive golems begin to spawn. Again, you need to wipe the raid. This time, you have to AE dmg them fast enough so that your clerics cannot outheal the damage from their deaths. If you do this before the raid can kill the snake, you further anger your raid leader and progress to the final instance.

The last instance is any prior raid in which looting items is necessary to kill the boss. As the raiders kill the trash and offtank the boss, the raidleader tries to loot the corpses to gain the necessary items to win. You need to loot all the items as the mobs die before he has a chance to. If you prevent him from getting enough items to complete the raid, you complete his progression into full-on PO'd mode. At this time, he chooses to /duel you. If you win, the mission is a success.
    Diptera, beryon and Mayfaire like this.
  13. beryon Augur

I like this idea. The missions should be given by an NPC named Old Man Leroy, who offers to let you relive some of his finer moments.
  14. lagkills Slain by Fippy while guards stood and watched.

EQ equivalent of WoW Proving Grounds(solo trials) but tailor them to each specific class, in the form of tutorials that ramp up in complexity. Something that should have been done long time ago already, especially now with the L85 buy-in option available.
  15. Kendiian Monk

Yeah i think we need more raids something involving a ship too ship raiding from tds too tbs but thats just my opinion and more live event raiding with a pickup system run by the good devs or a drink which lets u instantly instance into a raid - this would help with the PoK stir.
  16. Kendiian Monk

Collect like a million bone chips for a instant into a TDS flagged raid of course ud need PoP flags and a advanced PoP. Some event triggers should be matchbook so a raid where u get bone chips too go into a top end zone and if u wipe its mandatory too do the other raid such i cant work it now but say u loose too Vishitimar then u get booted too Plane of Sky which is mandatory too win.
  17. Kendiian Monk

O yeah and too do that raid u need all raid flags or collections for a drink.
  18. Kendiian Monk

Make all mines of the glooming deep items for the quests.
  19. Diptera Augur

NPCs that take to Ebay with your credit card, and start bidding on things if you don't kill them quickly enough... :)
    Reval likes this.
  20. fortuneteller Augur

Monster mission,no no no. Worst thing ever!
    Iila likes this.