Daybreak Remove FFA on Both Servers

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by CasualStrength, Aug 17, 2015.

1. Porygon Augur

Lol no, it was a joke. More power to you for using Facebook though!
  2. Mayfaire Augur

While I agree with y'all that instancing would be ideal, if it hasn't been done yet I have a feeling it is because of the amount of work it would take to do it, not to mention the sheer amount of bugs I can imagine it causing across all the servers. In other words, it is probably not nearly as easy as some people seem to think.

Until that can happen, though, what the OP is asking for is simply ridiculous, IMO.
  3. Darth Augur

He's gonna get it on September 15th.

• 24h kill timers
    • No FFA!
    • lapsed targets move to the next guild
    • new 24h kill timer
    • everyone gets less than 1 raid per week
    • no top guild
    • no competition
    • no nostalgic memories
    • chart your allowed time to play the game via google documents
    • never lose again
    • You're Winner!
  4. Elor Elder

Question, If we eliminate FFA targets how will we get new guilds into the rotation since they will need to kill gateway mobs to get in?

8 guilds staring at belly buttons on their off time will leave none of those gateway mobs will up. They will be killed simply cause people will be bored with nothing to do.

So now I'm wondering how will we let new guilds move into this clown show of no FFA rotation since those targets will be constantly down just so people have something to do?

Oh well four more months of classic to go. Im thinking many more people are going to enter the Odin sleep sooner now rather than later, and come back in December when the vote for kunark ends. Wow just saying that out loud while typing this that kunark wont be out on lockjaw till December is kind of crazy to think about. :eek:

seomen ~ faceless
  5. taliefer Augur

you put a provision in there for gatekeepers, much like there is now. it shouldnt be too difficult.

the one thing people seem to agree on on this server is people should have access to the content. i dont think anyone is specifically trying to make it unduly hard for guilds to enter the rotation. i think ive seen every guild on the server go out of their way to accommodate guilds trying to get in.
  6. Wiluven Journeyman

In fact, we are so accommodating on the Lockjaw server that RMT guilds, casual guilds, pet walling guilds, and middle tier guilds like MM get to do the same amount of content as the servers #1 competitive guild.

All you need is a google doc to tell you when you need to login to EQ. Don't worry, no one will contest and you have 24 hours to kill your assigned boss.
  7. Warrior007 53 61 74 6f 73 68 69

Even if the content was instanced, I'm sure the base instance spawn would still remain. So effectively, that would still be a x instanced guilds-1 FFA.

Guilds should be allowed and enabled to rise about the rest in one way or another, thus, FFA is necessary. However, the dispute here is how to have these guilds excel in any rotation. This is obviously going to be on ongoing dispute, and with this many people, it's only natural to have different ideas on the matter, and that's completely fine. Unfortunately, a lot of people have taken this personally, when it truly isn't a hit against anyone specifically.

Personally, I feel the longevity of a server is crucial. My vision ultimately pushes for a speedy, competitive rotation, but also caters to people who want to experience this content in era, in EQ's current form. Unfortunately, we can't bring 99 mechanics back here, the true nostalgia is gone, and we're only experiencing a shadow of what EQ originally was.
  8. Darth Augur

I specifically created that very rotation. It was competitive allotting 50% of all spawns (approx 1 every 72 hours matching spawn timers when the server launched) to FFA guilds. And, simulated instanced content by allotting the other 50% to guilds that had neither the time nor inclination to attempt FFA. This rotation side would have been able to raid at their prime time every time.

We could have added "bag" limits to the FFA to keep a single guild (Mine) from getting all the kills. AD has suggest a 2 to 1, get two of a spawn in a row, skip the next. Even just a flat get two of any FFA skip the next, regardless of what target.

That format would have given both faster rotation cycles than the current, and more competition. Which you just said you wanted, but don't actually want.

You should be working with me to make my vision a reality now. No guild that benefits from the 24 hour timers is going to give them up at this point. You know it as well as I. So if you really care about the longevity of the server, you should get with Yukan and I and we form a plan together.

Modifying my plan is the best bet for this server.
    Zublak and tofu stir fry like this.
  9. Greymere Augur

Ideally,

3 hour kill windows, doubled to 6 hours with Kunark, 12 hours with Velious, 24 hours with Luclin onward.

Lapsed targets move to the next guild in the rotation to progress thru the rotation faster.

Failing to kill the target on 2 consecutive rotation cycles you must qualify to rejoin the rotation at the end again.

Each rotation cycle ends in 2 qualifying raid positions. The qualifying raid is for guilds that have killed the gatekeepers to enter onto the end of the rotation. If no new guilds are qualifying to enter onto the rotation with 72 hours notice, it becomes a FFA raid. Qualifying raids that exceed their kill window become FFA.

FFA and qualifying raids are added after the last guild killed the target in the event a lapsed target cycled to a guild at the front of the rotation cycle.

Guilds can trade places in a rotation even after the target spawned, with a third party guild as witness. The kill window however remains unchanged. To allow guilds an opportunity to switch with other guilds for off peak spawns.
  10. Darth Augur

Who are you? Are you in a position to negotiate for a guild?
  11. eqisfun New Member

ROFL

If you're not a lawyer, I hope you sell cars for a living.

- Lexi the B
    kythik and Warrior007 like this.
  12. Warrior007 53 61 74 6f 73 68 69

I laughed. Have a like.
  13. Kattahn Elder

Can you explain why we should designate 50% of the spawns to the 2 or maybe 3 guilds that are really interested in FFA contending?

The rotation gives 1 raid slot per guild, per cycle. That being the case, for each guild that wants to do FFA(and only FFA), there should be 1 slot allotted. 3 guilds want to be FFA? you get 3 ffa spots each round, good luck and have fun!

You can keep saying that designating 50% of the spawns to a tiny fraction of raiding guilds is for the best of the server, but I don't think anyone else other then your guild believes it.
  14. Stell_CT Elder

I usually grab my popcorn and read these threads for a laugh. I play casually on one of the servers and don't raid. I just had to respond to this..

This is what is wrong with the world today. You feel they don't deserve more reward for something, Because you don't want to work as hard as they are? What is that... If your guild wants the same amount of loot and kills as they are getting. Work as hard as they are! If they are violating your agreement then bring it up with the Devs. If they are just beating you at 4am. Don't come here and . Ask yourself why you weren't there to beat them instead! This game is about competition. If you aren't willing to compete than you have to accept receiving a lesser reward than the guy that is willing to compete. Just like real life......

You guys wanted Classic... You got it. I remember plenty of 2am-5am phone calls to come kill mobs.
    Mishkin likes this.
  15. Simone Augur

Far as I know the only guild that is in favor of eliminating FFAs completely is Ascended Darkness. All other guilds favor there being at least some FFA in some form. How much FFA is where the debate starts. Also the guild I represent, Peace of Formosa Ex, is not in favor of the 24 hours timers and was very disappointed that portion passed. Most of the other officers in the guild I talked to thought 3 hours until FFA was plenty which is why I supported 2-4 hours.
  16. Protocol Dragon Defender

The first rotation was:
    • 1:1 Rotation/FFA
    • Rotation Mobs go FFA after 1 hour
    • Rotation Mobs go FFA on wipe
    Then it became:
    • 2:1 Rotation/FFA
    • Rotation Mobs go FFA after 2 hours
    • Rotation mobs never go FFA from wipes
    Then it ALMOST became
    • 4:1 Rotation/FFA (with 30% or so of guilds asking for even less FFA than this)
    • Rotation Mobs go FFA after 3/4 hours
    • Guilds must announce an FFA target spawns or goes FFA and then wait 30 minutes from the announcement to engage.
    But actually became:
    • 3:1 Rotation/FFA
    • Rotation Mobs go FFA after 24 hours
    There appears to be a trend moving in the direction of fewer and fewer FFA targets, more and more time to engage, less opportunities for a mob to become FFA and in some cases specific limitations being placed even on the few FFA mobs remaining.

I am not going to provide any commentary on this, other than to present the stats and point out what seems to be a trend.
  17. Jaxarale01 Augur

Is it a surprise that this is the trend?
    The vast majority do not want to deal with toxic racing and talk and dps bruh type raiding despite the top guild on each server trying to convince others this is how it should be?

From what I see this is nothing short of the populace being able to force instancing without instancing... by using a majority vote on a rotation.
    This is basically instanced content with a 2 week lock out.

Funny how its working out.
  18. Kegwell Lurker since '99

don't re subscribe till the internet bullies either share fairly, or DBG implements instancing for raids.
    Let the internet bullies have their own server, move both FI and TL to their own server...
    Let them COMPETE and get ACCOMPLISHMENTS all they want.
  19. Phati Elder

What's funny is when mobs actually start staying up for 12 hours at a time causing respawn to be delayed that much more. Less is more! Amirite?
  20. Protocol Dragon Defender

It makes me sad to see you talking about a whole playstyle like this. Do you play on Lockjaw? Have you raided anywhere even after the rotation? It seems like your whole perspective of high end eq is based on what you read on forums.

I've almost never seen trash talk in contested raid environments on this server. Racing has never seemed toxic and I've never seen someone say "dps bruh" outside of the rare player attempting to use euphemistic language to discredit the way someone else plays.

It's weird that everyone else is more or less fine with compromise but not you. You require things be entirely your way. You are the bully.

Idk why you think competition is toxic when it's largely the cornerstone of progress.
    Zublak and Pikallo like this.