Ragefire Rotation Discussion

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Abracadabra, Aug 1, 2015.

1. Ello-prexus Journeyman

well if you'd give me the fear handouts.. I could match it :(
  2. Sagnid Augur

The Last Guardian farms buffed Sky. What about you Melveny?
  3. Ello-prexus Journeyman

again. I haven't wiped to a mini in 14 years... please provide the logs
  4. Ello-prexus Journeyman

You talk a big game about giving handouts to Marth's cleric wife who doesn't exist. Perhaps you should try it with a real man and give me the wizard drops. But you're way too much of a coward to do it.
  5. Sagnid Augur

As a proud member of The Last Guardian I will gladly give you my wizard rots.
  6. Ello-prexus Journeyman

Yay :). I look forward to begging tells to your members while they are in fear
  7. Saladus Journeyman

From the original thread. The original rotation was decided by two guilds in agreement, one not fully in agreement, and one not in agreement. So it ends up being two guilds which decide how the rest of the future raid guilds follow suit.

TL then proposes an open discussion, 10 guilds attend the meeting, and all but the two guilds who set the rotation standard for THE WHOLE SERVER disagree with the newly proposed rotation. Thread created, people get mad, mystery guilds are promised to come forward in disagreement, and posts about loot handouts which have zero relevancy to the discussion ensue.

The majority of the guilds HAVE decided on a new rotation, which according to the above quote, should mean this rotation should now be the standard. Two guilds approved this rotation, and now some are acting like it is written upon stone unless the almighty DBG step forward and give their new word of approval. They have mentioned in several posts that they are simply here to mediate the situation. Enforcement of a rotation was necessary because discontent was rising to an all-time high due to the majority of raid kills going to 2 guilds.

So, again, how does it make any sense that 2 guilds have say in a rotation over the 8 who have decided that they prefer differently? Many of these guilds are building a sizable force that will soon be breaking into the rotation, so yes, these other guilds that were invited are relevant to helping decide on a new rotation. All of these guilds each have their own agenda, and this was a compromise that eight were able to agree on.

Again, DBG agreed to the original proposal because they had to agree to something to make the server play nice. The first proposal was decided by two guilds. Now we have 8 guilds proposing something new.
    Also, may I get free handout loot as well?
    lalaloup likes this.
  8. ElaidaTL Augur

You know for someone who only has farmed hate and fear and never done any real raiding on the server as per your own posts, you sure know a lot about what everyone else is doing. Almost as if you are in one of the higher tier raiding guilds with a vested interest in knowing whos doing what...STRANGE.
  9. Uliadyen1337 Journeyman

It's not a hashtag. It's a pound sign.
  10. Porygon Augur

The champions of losing dps races?
  11. Sheex Goodnight, Springton. There will be no encores.

Not true sir. I've seen them "win" the deeps race in Unrest with level 50's against level 25 groups first hand!
    Porygon likes this.
  12. ScarletLetter Elder

socking uncontested mobs or should I say guaranteed mobs I guess
    Porygon likes this.
  13. Dragonslayer Journeyman

Man I hope DBG's Server Room gets their servers wiped out we don't need increased difficulty or any interference from DBG, it wasn't that way before and shouldn't be this time, its getting out of hand and just making everyone in a hugh whirlpool of disgust. They need stick to a plan on unlock times,remove rotations,reset difficulty to normal, Who cares if every person has their own box army who ever wins the kill wins it, it doesn't matter classic EQ was never meant to be like this now or ever its just ****ing stupid.
  14. Aekold Augur

lolwut?

More specifically, and less trollishly, we don't have a choice in this. 6 months of classic pinning this many players in a sardine can is a lot of why we're having these issues, 32k hp mobs that lived less than 20 seconds at times were part of how we got here. Wishing ill on daybreak and railing against the rotation isn't going to make the rotation mystically go away. We're left with playing the hand that we're dealt and tying to sort out a rotation that maintains some level of competition and includes input from the guilds that it affects rather than just one or two.
  15. Marthisdil Augur

So, Breeze - from your little discussion with Skyp, Dojii/Gynx (the ninja editor), and yourself:

Weren't you guys sitting around in Hate last night, starting about, what, 5PM, to sock your turn at Inny...and didn't he spawn at something like 4am, and you guys wiped with Inny's health going down very little and then giving up due to respawn wipe?

Isn't RoE sitting around for, oh, 11 hours in Hate (I mean, why are you guys socking a boss that is yours on the rotation?!?) and then failing the mob when they don't have the numbers to do it "healthy for your guild?"

It's pretty obvious at this point that RoE can't kill mobs 24x7 (as Inny today showed). Apok hasn't had to show that they can, yet. Rosengard pretty much has conceded that point, too. TL will almost always be the ones picking up the messes left off-hours.

So again - how is not having set times for your guild, where your members won't have to sock, waste tons of time like you guys did yesterday, with a dose of FFA if you wanna try and DPS race someone, not better for your guild?

I mean, after all, you socked in Hate for 11ish hours, your guild "wondering if they are going to get a kill or not" and found out....

I look forward to hearing from ya!

M
  16. Marthisdil Augur

Oh - one other thing:

Except, until GoD, that WAS EVERQUEST. From Classic through PoP (until they "instanced" PoTime). If you have players that played back then, they KNEW it was that way. DB made no point in the TLP server announcements about things being much different from the way it was back then.

So that "experience" is part of the game they chose to come back to. They are deluding themselves if they thought it would be different than back in the day.
  17. Bufonidae Elder

I started playing on the Nameless from before Hate and Sky were released and raided there and on the Tribunal till LDoN... never once saw a DPS race... both servers had rotations almost immediately.
  18. TL_KRONOLORD Augur

Right. They came back to experience camping Innoruuk for 11 hours and then porting out at 4AM when you can't kill him. Have you clearly explained to your guild members that there is a rotation that prevents this circumstance from ever needing to happen?
  19. -wycca Augur

Covering 24hr spawns and 20hr windows is brutal. No shame there, we've all dropped targets. It probably all sounds like forum nonsense until you do it regularly, but it's the truth.

There's alot of disappointed people when stuff doesn't work out - it just plain sucks. It doubly sucks when people are super eager and excited to get what could be their 2nd kill on a mob, and he spawns at 4am, and things go sour. Breeze - thanks - that was really classy & considerate in handing off the spawn before the 3hrs were up, also appreciated talking to you after. We've all been in those shoes, and it sucks, but you were a good neighbor in spite of the situation. One of your guys was pretty awesome in discussing some forgotten realms lore later on too - highlight of my night for sure. I think your CT window tonight is a pretty good one, so here's to hoping you guys down him tonight and let that victory wash away the horrors of 4am spawns.
    Bufonidae likes this.
  20. -wycca Augur

It was alot like here pre-rotation. LoS got like 80-90% of the targets. Concepts like socking didn't exist, so it was mostly just LoS showing up to targets with no competition (much like a majority of spawns here pre-rotation). DPS racing wasn't a thing just because guilds just didn't run into each other (not like LoS could be beaten really) and any extra kills was because LoS was feeling generous.

LoS got all the targets. They'd occasionally let first Ariel's guild try mobs, wipe, then clean up. Then they'd let Fell's guild try mobs, wipe, then clean up. Repeat with Kayla/Firanel's guild. Sometimes those guilds would get lucky and get a kill, but most of the time they only got what LoS didn't get around to killing. I don't think the term "rotation" was even uttered on Nameless in Classic or Kunark - I left early Velious, but yea, that's not true at all. Based on what friends told me about Velious, it didn't sound like there was a rotation there either, just LoS getting most of the targets, Sanctuary/SoS struggling to get a few, the TW poaching a few overnight, and Remedy sometimes grabbing a few on euro. LoS got the bulk, others starved.

Any of this sound familiar? This was The Nameless. It was not some rotation fantasy-land.
    Skadad likes this.