Question on the ragefire rotation

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Overcast, Jul 27, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Zhutuak Augur

Rotation does not address mage bot armies either Precog. It does not take your gifts to see where all of this is headed. Does not matter one iota how decently the players of RF work out their rotation, it can all go to with just one mage bot army not in the know, or care for that matter. After all, is there still not a policy of dps race in effect or do we have to assume that is out the window. And if its is out, will there now be a pnp policy that trickles down to group camps?

Hypocrisy abounds, how do you fix the mage army issues on all levels? if there is no more dps race, can we /guidehelp or /petition camp/mob stealers?

What is the trickle down policy of these changes?
  2. Druz Augur

I mean I would give guilds 12-24 hours to kill their mobs, including their "gatekeeper" mobs when trying to join the rotation. Twisted Legacy was the one that pushed for 1 hour windows and now we got it up to 3 (Which has at least one TL member upset because if it takes 3 hours to kill it takes 3 hours longer to respawn). I agree it sucks to wake up at 5 AM or have to use your lunch break to kill a mob. But I am also not concerned about maximizing the number of Lady Vox kills I get per week.
  3. Detheb Augur

TL probably averages 25 minutes from Phone to Death of any given raid mob. 3 hours is an incredibly long time, period.

You can't deny mage armies. IF they can kill these mobs, they deserve the right to be there. Modest Man on lockjaw is a major player and thats what they raid with. You cannot say "Well only if you can do it with X classes" because then you're not allowing the entire server the opportunity.
  4. Zhutuak Augur

No of course not and I am not really sure how LJ raiders are dealing with mage bot armies either. The question remains, do you put them on rotation or is everyone at their mercy and they get to play by one set of rules while everyone else plays by another?

How do you solve any guild losing out to mage bot armies when those who agree to rotations also agree to being punished by not following the rotation. Is dbg committed to enforcing these rules even to one man mage bot armies too and if so, how far down the pnp road are we traveling?

Can I expect a response to a petition or guide help request when mage bot army_2578 steals a mob/camp that has already been engaged?

Should we realistically expect a PNP across the board now???
    lalaloup likes this.
  5. Precognition New Member

So, just so we are clear, this is a bad idea for many reasons. This is only a good idea to a select few players. Many guilds will not have the ease of entry that was given those select few, yet will be expected to comply with the decisions made by those select few or risk being banned. You have now essentially stated that it is a ban worthy offense to play the game that those users are paying for. You can play the game, but only up to a point, and then you have to ask permission to play the game that you are paying for. Reign of Eternity should not be at the table, nor should at least one other guild, as neither have killed a gatekeeper mob since they were buffed in the recent patch. Sky respawns quite quickly, so I would contend that a full Plane of Sky clear would qualify any guild for the rotation. To me that seems fair.
  6. Necro1 Journeyman

Reduce the maximum timer to 1 hour. This is plenty.. the bosses die rather fast

Gatekeeper mob should be at least Island 8 boss Eye of Veeshan which is up often.. The required skill and ability to defeat this event is on par with the type of organized raiding that is required to attempt the gods/dragons.

Box armies as well as alt guilds should be unable to join any rotation for obvious exploitative and RMA reasons.

I hope you guys realize that there are about 100 TL players swarming these forums to convince the community to screw itself. They are very cunning and will stop at nothing to farm the pixels

By the way, please stop bashing Daybreak.. They CLEARLY stated that this rotation will be entirely decided on by the community NOT DAYBREAK. They are just here to police it to obviously keep TL from stealing all the events from people who should have access to them as well.

Daybreak did mess up the launch, but they did fix it.. I don't see any issue here.

Daybreak didn't roll out 2 servers at first, but they did fix this problem as well.

Daybreak did allow FFA on the bosses for a period of time which is like classic...

Subscription decline most likely forced Daybreak to enforce a rotation as if half the subscriptions quit due to not being able to experience the content due to TL people griefing everyone out of it

TL people please stop trying to be so greedy, you had your time under the sun for classic, now let others have theirs as well... you are not entitled to own the game even if you live on it 24/7

Everyone else.. enjoy the next 45 days of farming the bosses without harassment from the griefers. It's about time you had a chance to enjoy classic and show how strong you are
  7. Precognition New Member

100 seems like a solid chunk of the community honestly.
  8. Aekold Augur

Get me a CS response from a Dev that says that the box army has fewer rights than you and then maybe someone will care about your opinion. Better yet, get us a Dev response definition for 'alt guild' as well. You're here talking down on TL for wanting nothing more than the promised 'fair deal' while insisting that certain members of the community should be excluded from content simply because you don't like them.
  9. Zhutuak Augur

PoSky is/was being farmed by mage crews, yes? It would seem to me any ffa type slot, given there are only 4 in the proposal, should be opened to an attempt/trial period. I cant state enough, circumstance plays a large part in whether or not a guild can do a raid target or not.

LJ`s rotation is good but most likely for LJ. It seems to me you need something where gatekeeper mobs can not be blocked by anyone, which is why I like the proposed request to attempt naggy on the ffa day. I just think there should be more of them and extended to the other raid mob too.
  10. chris_the_mage Augur

i am reaching out to all box armies. any and all box army is welcome to the lockjaw rotation. you need to be able to form a raid force of 36 characters, this does not have to be every raid, you just need to be able to show us 36 can login at once. you also need a webpage, which can be serious or a troll, with a recruitment tab that can be legit or just trolling.

any guild that meets the criteria of 36 players online at once, it does not matter if 1 person or 36 people are controlling those characters, then they have a spot on our rotation.

I am hopeful the community of players who multibox very large number of characters see this and are inspired, and come over to lockjaw and join the rotation. Once the transfers are allowed, I hope to see our rotation grow to 12, 15 or maybe even 20 guilds on it.

-Yawgmoth
  11. Necro1 Journeyman

You need to learn how to read.. I clearly stated and I CAP LOCKED the part where I stated that the rotation is designed by the players not a DEV.

There is NO WAY the other guilds will want box armies sniping loot.

Just because you think that playing 18 accounts at a time gives you more rights then 50 organized raiders, doesn't make it so.

Get a grip and stop being greedy
  12. Zhutuak Augur

What about open raid Yawg?

I was toying with idea of putting together open raids for folks like myself who do not care for guild politics, dynamics and the non sense that goes on between guilds.

I am assuming, if I am still playing, that if I can form up say an open raid channel with 36 people who show up in a designated area, we could be put on rotation too?

If so, could my open raid include already guilded people? As I have made friends in many of the major guilds, they might be people I would call on to participate. Have you all given much thought to this?
  13. Aekold Augur

The rules exist for a reason. Either you provide a Dev supported interpretation or accept that it is within the rules for 'box armies' to sign up. You also need to accept that because this is a Dev mandated rotation, you need to abide by their definition of alt guild, not yours.
  14. chris_the_mage Augur

anyone can contest FFA targets. the rotation schedule is public information

In order for your 36 player force to be put into rotation, all 36 players MUST be in the same guild.

Yes, you may contest FFA raid targets with guilded people, including those who are in the rotation in other guilds
  15. Zhutuak Augur

So you are inviting mage armies to join, some I have seen have no guild tag. But an open raid force would not be welcome because they do not all have the same guild tag? Even if open raid can defeat the required mobs, open raid would not be put on rotation due to a technicality?

I imagine and see many people out there w/o guild tags, like my own, I am sure they have their reasons. I am also thinking there are similar folks out there like myself who would like to experience raid content and have the opportunity to gain end game loot w/o having to deal with the demands of being in a guild.

So as far as your rotation goes, un-guilded people are second class to mage armies?
  16. chris_the_mage Augur

zhutuak, in order to get in on a rotation spot, you must all be in the same guild. it is a guild rotation, simple as that

feel free to contest FFA mobs with a mix match of guilds
  17. chris_the_mage Augur

as far as second class to mage armies, sorry I am not one of those who bash on people who multi box. and no, i do not box, although i do have 2 accounts with a level 44ish druid i use to track mobs and port myself around

the rotation recognizes guilds, and characters inside that guild. not the person controlling the character
  18. BigDBeeIcanteven New Member

There's simply not enough FFA slots for two guilds to get a successful attempt for at least 8 spawns, so about 12 days. Bring back the 50-50 FFA split! This rotation isn't fair to newcomer guilds or competition!
    Zeksy FP likes this.
  19. BilboBaggins New Member

We would clear time in >5 hours. If you need 3 hours to kill Naggy, Inny, CT, Vox...There is definitely something you need to have adjusted with your raid organization, communication or execution.
  20. BigDBeeIcanteven New Member

I'm not so sure anymore Dojii. There's at least one guild that hasn't even killed Nagafen in the rotation and there's only one opportunity every four spawns of Nagafen until someone makes it and then it's five spawns of Nagafen before the next raid guild can even try. It doesn't sound like Daybreak went with what the community was asking for. There aren't even FFA lockouts except when a new guild wants to try out Nagafen, of all mobs. I don't expect to see another chance to kill CT in a competitive format so long as this rotation is in place. I really liked the one rotation where guilds were locked out for a whole hour from a mob on the next FFA cycle. I'm extremely disappointed that the 50-50 competitive-rotated proposal was ignored.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.