Thoughts on new buffed raid targets...

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Vaalk, Jul 1, 2015.

1. Tharrg Augur

Frankly I dont care about the raid targets anymore.. its obvious that I dont matter since im a "casual"...
    Rhiyannon likes this.
  2. Dark_Intentions Augur

Wait. I thought Faceless was TL people, just under a different guild name on LJ? That what I heard weeks ago.
  3. Lifetap Augur

Killed vox and naggy. The increase in difficulty made the encounter actually fun and rewarding instead of simply showing up for free loot. The sense of accomplishment has returned. I look forward to facing the new and improved gods.

I would like to see phinny buffed as well as the PoSky bosses buffed too, if they aren't already.
  4. Lifetap Augur

This is incorrect. Faceless and TL are separate groups of people.
  5. Vaclav Augur

Seriously, if anything they're almost as polar opposite as you can get. TL actively promoted Serakan's work in sabotaging them, they encourage civil sharing of content, etc.
  6. Fiyero Augur

Nope, two entirely different guilds. TL is #1 on Ragefire, Faceless is #1 on Lockjaw.
  7. Catashe Augur

So what your saying is... That TL got all the raid kills before the patch and now they got all the targets after? Say it isn't so...
    Rhiyannon likes this.
  8. Prathun Developer

Thanks for the feedback! Phinny and Yael are buffed, but not the planar NPCs.
    PathToEternity likes this.
  9. Vaclav Augur

Errr? Thought patch notes said CT and Inny were?

Edit: Read the front page news again where they were mention - Lord Nagafen, Lady Vox, Master Yael, Phinigel Autropos, Innoruuk, Cazic-Thule, and more will spawn more often on these servers. Some of these contested targets will also be considerably more difficult!

Had missed the "some" in the past, seems seriously silly that the dragons will own and CT and Inny will be pinatas.
  10. Ducreux Augur

Do Cazic-Thule and Innoruuk fall under planar NPCs in this case? Was under the impression they also got the buff treatment but was curious as to how hard a super-hp deathtouching mob would be.
  11. Vaclav Augur

Read my post above yours - front page said immediately after mentioning the quicker spawns "some" would be amped up in difficulty.

All but those two have been confirmed as amped up - so it seems they're likely part of why it's "some" and not "all".

Which seems pretty lame to me - imagining the dragon style changes on CT was giving me a case of the nervous giggles with how fun and challenging it was seeming. Boring if he's still pinata mode.
  12. Greymere Augur

I can understand waiting on any sort of revamp of CT and Innie seeing as they are gonna get a revamp come Velious anyhow no?
  13. Vaclav Augur

2016 is a bit aways.
  14. Ishbu Augur

You need to put in the same dedication as others or be flat out better than them. If they put in more time than you, more money, and more effort, you do not deserve the targets over them, same as you would not deserve the same pay as someone working more and longer hours than you.

Choosing to prioritize a family/job/other activities is your choice. If you choose not to devote your all to the game, you do not deserve what the people who did devote their all to it get. The only solution then is to be better than they are. That comes down to a matter of timing, knowledge of your classes full set of skills, and the ability to out think others. I wouldnt bank on that in a 16 year old game.
  15. Protocol Dragon Defender

Not buffing Innoruuk and CT is so counter intuitive that I have to believe he only meant Sky... Why would you ever buff Vox and Nagafen but not the Gods?
  16. Vaclav Augur

Yea I really want to believe that, but with the phrasing of the front page news.... I can't believe that he doesn't mean it as we're taking it.

So ridiculous if so.
  17. Hateseeker Augur

Skill and class knowledge can't help if you are massively outnumbered and outsocked. Broken design is broken, and most of your associates know it, and openly admit it's not about skill.

As for putting "more money" into it - really? You want pay to win? I think that totally discredits you.

And for the record, a lot of the people you consider casual play the game as much as you do, they don't do it while socked AFK or logged out on a spawn point, but actually doing things.
    Rhiyannon and Tharrg like this.
  18. rekais910 Augur

I just took his post as a form of sarcasm that actually is in favor of your opinion by use of hyperbole

hy·per·bo·le
    hīˈpərbəlē/
    noun

1. exaggerated statements or claims not meant to be taken literally.
  19. Ishbu Augur

Discredits me? I pay for one account, am unguilded, and never going to be a hardcore raider again just due to prioritizing things differently these days than in the past. That doesnt change the fact some people pay for more accounts to have more characters, thus investing more money into it. Its not paying to win if they are playing them, its paying to play a game, same I am. (Not that you said it, but 15bucks a month is not a lot of money)

Anyways, you are just making excuses for your own choices. Out numbered and out socked you say? I see that as you not willing to make the social connections or pay for the accounts needed to match their numbers. I see that as you not willing to spend the hours staring at your computer screen to grab the mobs the second they spawn and time them. Just like I said before, if some one isnt willing to do those things, then they do no deserve to get the contested mobs over the people who are willing. You realize this is how the world works too right? We arent communists here, not everyone gets to be the same.
  20. Gregolo Augur

I don't even understand what you people want anymore.