what vote won?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by toxist, Jun 29, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Elkay Augur

Radar locked one other thread today. That's all I've seen.
  2. Garrison Journeyman

Living in a democracy we kind of expect voting results to be transparent.... So, what's going on DBG?
    Barton likes this.
  3. PathToEternity pathtoeternity.pro

So, personally, I don't really care what the results are. I felt the same way about all the pre-launch polls. I'm just happy with a new TLP to play on. Although I did vote, I won't be upset no matter what wins. I voted 6 months of classic on three accounts, but if Kunark opens tonight that's also fine with me.

I'm bothered that a poll ended last night, the results should be available today, and Daybreak has the TLP on the backburner not six weeks into the server. I expect us to be on the backburner on a day to day basis, but not on a day like this where server-impacting information is due to be released.

So, I expected one message today, the message which included the poll results. But the message I actually got was "This server is only marginally important to us."

People need to stop cat fighting over the results. Everyone can't get their way here. But Daybreak could have fulfilled a commitment they made to the server, and instead they let everyone down. This kind of business practice would not be acceptable in my line of work.

I'm not upset or pissed. I'm disappointed.
    Gregolo, Bigz_Zupdarty, Sinzz and 3 others like this.
  4. Elkay Augur

Maybe they're planning damage control. If anything other than 3 months wins, they're basically alienating 1/3 to 1/2 the server.

If the results are that split, they should consider a solution for both sides. Either one server immediate and one 6 months (with free transfers), or leave both servers at 6 months like originally stated and launch a 3rd server with kunark live and 3 month timelines (with free transfers).
  5. taliefer Augur

completely agree with this. this is a pretty big moment for the future of these servers, and we cant even get a "we are going over the results, we'll let people know in timeframe XXX"
  6. oldkracow 9999 Is the Krono Account Limit

or they could have been smart and setup the rules ahead of time, voting once the server is going is going to alienate a % of your customer base no matter what you do....

It's easier for people to accept rules before the game starts, not be changed during the course of a game.
  7. Mezrah Augur

Hmmm

The cynical side of me suspects that the results won't be released until July the 1st. The 2nd financial quarter of 2015 ends on the 30th of June, which will be the 1st full quarter that the ultimate owners have been in control, cancellation of subscriptions processed before the 1st would not make the books look as good...
  8. Barton The Mischievous

I say we all tweet Smedley, Holly, and Ry in fact I already did seems like that's the only place to get em to notice us anymore
  9. Indigo Augur

Smedley's the guy to notify. He answered an email once that I sent within minutes.
  10. Prathun Developer

We are going over the results. We'll get you a response as soon as we can.
    Fallfyres, Rhiyannon and Elkay like this.
  11. Jaxarale01 Augur

lol incoming spin/damage control....
    oldkracow, Barton and Elkay like this.
  12. Elkay Augur

I'm guessing that means it was a close vote in one form or another. At least they let us know they're looking at it.
  13. Laeinye Lorekeeper

They're trying to find the right words to use to make it appear like the vote "Kunark ASAP" won, even though it lost in a landslide.
    Rhoulicas likes this.
  14. gander Augur

It worked!

Bet ya it's two different results for each server. That's the hold up for the spin.
  15. Elkay Augur

"Oh crap, our plans to release Kunark to shut them up for 2 weeks were foiled! Now what?"

:)
    Rhiyannon likes this.
  16. Arya1 Lorekeeper

The arrogance and entitlement of some people on here is disgusting. You pay 12.99 or a few multiples of 12.99 a month for possible 720 hours of entertainment and suddenly you think they owe you everything. Get a grip. Have some patience. The world doesn't revolve around you.
  17. gander Augur

Hillary Clinton plays EQ?
  18. Laeinye Lorekeeper

I actually pay $15 per month because I'm not going to commit more $$ if they are just going to change the ruleset every month.
    Jaxarale01 likes this.
  19. Tarrin Augur

I thought EQ was supposed to have the older..more mature community.
  20. Arya1 Lorekeeper

Whoopty doo.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.