TLP stolen from Current EQ?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Goth, Jun 17, 2015.

1. Motherlee Augur

So that means a 6 day beta test in August. :p
    Iila likes this.
  2. ohmy Elder

Whoot!!
  3. Makelite Augur

Will see but so far, not much has come to live but may be surprised come fall. /fingers crossed
  4. Moklianne Augur

Btw, stop calling it a campaign. If its a small expansion, call it just that. The term 'campaign' is more PC than saying micro-expansion or LoY sized expansion.
  5. Goth Augur

What you talking about LoY is bigger than TDS.. =P
    Moklianne and Yinla like this.
  6. Aghinem Augur

I think TDS is 8 zones, LoY was like 6 or 7...; not to mention - Dino Island has a butt load of quests. So I think your assessment is a bit off.
  7. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

LoY was 6 zones from when we were having 6 monthly expansions, for TDS to match LoY they need to release another 4 zones as it is a yearly expansion. LoY zones are far more interesting than TDS. :p

LoY brought us the very important doubling of bank space.
    Moklianne and Elricvonclief like this.
  8. Iila Augur

Maps! LoY gave us MAPS!
    Yinla and Motherlee like this.
  9. Reht The Dude abides...

Didn't they also make the distinction between how much work the LOY instances took, each instance was manually designed or something? The context was they took a lot more work than the HA. So while it may have been 6 zones, it was many iterations of those 6 zones, or something like that.
  10. Slasher Augur

People who say LOY or COTF were small need help. LON was huge yes instance content counts you dont hit a button and get dozens of instances created in 5 seconds. Just like heroics you have to create the zone/instance. Place the spawns, pathing, named, quest objectives etc the same things you do in a normal zone you have to do in EVERY instance on a smaller scale but when you got 32 heroics in COTF it did not take 1 day to make 32 heroics it tooks months. 32 heroics is a ton of content the real drop off was TDS you get less zones with less raids and less heroics that is the small expansion COTF was huge compared to TDS.

I hate when they make a new system spend all the resources and time to do something like heroics and don't use that system in future expansions its a waste of resources. Why do you make them scale if you abandon them on the next expansion ? Maybe some here don't like heroics but I would guess most do.
  11. Sancus Augur

Was that not LDoN?
  12. Reht The Dude abides...

I thought it was LOY but could have been LDON
  13. Sancus Augur

If this is the post you were referring to, then it's LDoN. If not, then please ignore me :p
  14. Reht The Dude abides...

Yeah, for some reason i was thinking of LDoN instead of LoY. Thanks
  15. segap Augur

I was on eq vacation for LoY, so cannot comment on that. But the number of zones does not mean all that much. TDS zones are tiny. Brother's island can barely support three groups. Katta supports only a few groups that are doing progression than has little reason to exist. Tempest Temple is a useless zone beyond progression. Spread out, low exp mobs and loot that's good for nothing beyond bazaar fodder. As for Dino island having a lot of quests. They're all boring and have no value repeating. Run here, run there, kill two things, run back, hail, hail, hail, hail, hail, etc. Or the more popular, forage for 3 hours, then get another forage quest. I felt more relief finishing those quests than excitement getting the aug. Total aa gained doing them all was maybe 10. At least the zone is a decent size, offers decent exp and has group gear worth getting. It's the start to TDS zones being decent for group play.
    Motherlee likes this.
  16. Goth Augur

didnt get my sarcasm?
  17. Aghinem Augur

Newp
  18. Tyche Elder

Maps
    Guktan race
    Armor dyes
    Charm slot
    Bank space
    Guild Management tool

Not bad for a minor downloaded expansion

It was also pretty cheap. I think it was $20? The zones were more mid level focused but they dropped good coin which was useful at the time for those levels. Nadox and Hates Fury were well made. Considering all the features it added to EQ that still are in use, LoY is one of the most useful expansions ever.
    Elricvonclief and Yinla like this.
  19. Goth Augur

In this case LoY > TDS hands down...
    Yinla and guado like this.
  20. sifonin Augur

It's hard to compare TDS to expansions that came out when the game was still thriving like LoY. There is a reason TDS was a rushed product.