Exploiting Loot Gains Via /pick

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Throndor, Jun 19, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Throndor Augur

says a fellow exploiter.
  2. Ishbu Augur

This thread needs to not get buried. It makes a really good point that nobody has actually had an argument against yet or even tried to.
  3. Throndor Augur

That's because it's self incriminating to admit to this unintended feature, and obtaining support for the change from the community involves the players guilty of doing it to support a change which would harm their bottom line.
  4. Ishbu Augur

Who cares who did it, good for them, it was available and we arent policing the servers. Nobody important cares at all.

What the people important should care about though is a good healthy suggestion for the betterment of the game with really no negative downside.
  5. XornBoxed New Member

even if it send you to succor point, it's still exploitable in terms of getting more loot droppers per hour than if pickzone wasn't in the game. especially in zones you can invis through. succor point is just a minor inconvenience most of the time.

My thinking would be to make the named only ever spawn in one of the pickzones randomly chosen, and never have that one named spawn any more often than the minimum time it would take for a respawn cycle to occur .. (example) fresh respawn of 3 instances of LGUK .. magi spawns in #2 .. therefore it cannot spawn in #1 or #3.. it's killed.. #1's PH was killed earlier however, and it's spawn comes 10 minutes after the magi was killed in #2, but it cannot be the magi this time because not enough time has elapsed since it was killed in #2... The next time magi spawns, it happens in #3, etc. etc.)

This would make loot just as rare as before per server, but still give the server the mobs for exp'ing / grouping against, all still with a chance at the loots regardless of what /pickzone you're in.

I do think flooding markets with these pickzoned farmed loots is becoming rather noticeable and unfortunate.
  6. Wiji Elder

Uhhhh "flooding the market" is actually good though. You know why people /pickzone farm is because the items are worth a lot. If they were worth less, they wouldn't be farmed by /pick sniping. If the market was flooded it would be cheaper to buy, and you wouldn't have to worry about camp stealing or whatever.

And if people are sniping ph/nameds from empty camps, why would you even care?
  7. Throndor Augur

I can guarantee you that if the instance changes to Kedge/SolB go through tonight, that you will see extensive exploitation of pickzoning going on in the wee hours throughout the weekend and all throughout the next few weeks, until the economic stability of SolB/Kedge items mirrors that of Lguk items, which have lost 50% of their plat value while simultaneously seeing the plat value per krono increase by 100% over the past two weeks. I know players seeking to take advantage of the incoming abundance of SolB/Kedge items will see this as a positive, but it won't remain that way for the next 4 months while everyone is sitting in best in slot gear they bought for next to nothing bored, waiting for kunark to show up. As it stands, even the most casual player can afford to deck themselves out in everything Lguk has to offer by the time they reach level 30, just from the plat they passively earn while exping.
  8. Fallfyres Augur

----------

Point made, Throndor. However, many of us brought this up on these forums more than once very early in the instancing discussions. We were sneered at, told repeatedly that it would not 'harm the market', 'do anything to the economy' or if it did we should keep to our own business because.

After all, 'what others do in their playstyle has no impact on you,' and 'it matters not if there are 7 Sets of Oversized Balls of Hanging available and being sold for Kronos or whatever each 24 hours as opposed to only 2 such items.' Who CARES what it does to the economy over the coming weeks and months in short shrift. And who CARES if everyone has matching Oversized Balls of Hanging while they stand around downtown? You shouldn't CARE; there's something wrong with YOU if you are bothered by every single other player ever wearing the exact same Decrepid Armor that you earned last month."

Do I need to go on? Naw. Bunch of bs then and continues to be now. No impact eh.:cool:
    Gimple likes this.
  9. Ishbu Augur

The problem with your suggestion is that it hurts random xp groups when only one in one of the instances can get a named spawn at any given time.

Anyways, the idea isnt to prevent people from pickzoning for loot completely, its to deter people from doing it to take away from already establish players and groups already there in the other instances. It will not stop it completely, but it will slow it down massively from the current form. It also just plain makes sense.
  10. Throndor Augur

Yep. Its much easier to bully and take what i want from a group claiming a camp, if i don't even have to clear to their camp to steal their king spawn from behind his throne.
  11. Throndor Augur

It's also going to be much easier to steal your efreeti spawn, if i don't have to fight or lull my way through the see invis imps and bats along the way to the camp.
  12. Riptide666 Elder

It'd be nice if they could make it so you automatically zone into the instance the group leader is in, or to zone back into the instance you were recently in (sucks doing a /pick only to get trained out 10 seconds later). Then there would be more flexibility to raise the /pick time to maybe 10 or 15 minutes.
  13. Throndor Augur

I agree to the zoning into the group leader's instance proposal. It's annoying that it wasn't coded that way by default. Nonetheless, that is a convenience issue, whereas this thread is about the exploitative nature of current pickzone design.
  14. Eldrian Augur

I fail to see why this is a problem really. So there is an abundance of tradable loot and it's affordable to everyone. Where is the problem?
  15. Throndor Augur

What's the problem with negative ammortization, and principal-deferred housing loans?
  16. Rils New Member

Not saying this isn't an issue, but having /pick go to the succor point would make it so that everyone, no matter their class, gets a free succor/levant every 5 minutes.
  17. thechacko Elder

If its possible I would say it should be picked when you zone into the instance (where ever the connecting zone is that you're crossing). No where else.

Might be an exception for the Commonlands since people do merchants there.
  18. Leifer Augur

Do you guys need an Economist on staff? Free markets with growth rules that are enforced tend to keep the economy flourishing. Free markets left completely unchecked lead to no revenue in the long run for 99% of the community including DBG.
  19. -wycca Augur

Actually a good suggestion.
  20. Gimple Elder

I love this...*translation*...

..."I told you so"...

Well done;>
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.