i signed up for 6 months eq before opening the next expansion

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by nostalgia, Jun 12, 2015.

1. Glistarian Augur

I care about why I came back. Which was a 6 month period in each expansion. As did most everyone else.

No one returned for "maybe less time". They just didn't.

All your arm flapping won't change that.
    Fallfyres and Katmandu26 like this.
  2. Steampunk Augur

May I ask what, exactly, did DBG actually say that you are referring to? If you are referring to the line in the FAQ, "If it turns out that the majority of players on the server decide they want a change before that, we can investigate lowering those minimum times", then you may possibly be reading more into it than you should. It says they will investigate. It does not say that they will (or will not) hold another poll. It does not say that they will (or will not) release Kunark in less than six month. It says they will investigate.

As far as the validity of the original poll is concerned, you are mistaken in the target audience. DBG did not want to take existing TLP players and move them to a new server, although I am not implying that they are not welcome. DBG wanted players who were not TLP players, maybe had never even been on a TLP server, possibly didn't even know what TLP meant. They wanted to convert them into new TLP players. That was the audience they were targeting, so the results of the poll are absolutely valid.

Now that the new server is populated, and an extra as well, it may very well be time to have a new poll. Not because the original poll was invalid, or rigged, or skewed, or anything else, but because the target audience is different. I would certainly support such a poll, as long as all options were give and all of the server population is eligible. The actual vote whether to release or not has a level restriction, but poll for how and when to do it should not.
    Fallfyres likes this.
  3. Tarrin Augur

While yes, "investigating" does not automatically mean a new poll..I can accept that. But obviously it implies *something* may be done rather than waiting the full 6 months. Can you accept that is a possibility?
    Steampunk likes this.
  4. Steampunk Augur

If you had ready my entire post (I know it may have been a little long) you would realize that is exactly what I said.
  5. Koschei Journeyman

I signed up for the six month vote.

I've tailored my play around hitting 50 around then. I didn't want to have to take a lot of time away from family to race to the end. I wanted to enjoy the journey. It would appear that a huge majority of people are nowhere near done with content yet.

How does this hurt people who just have a wait a little longer for he unlock, why do we need to unlock now? Isn't part of the experience to hit cap and play at cap? Remember people were at the level cap for a long time previously and we had to wait significantly more than 6 months to move to the next expansion.

If you beat the game, take a break and come back later. Forcing the progression will just alienate regular players, and to be honest there is a significant number of folks who will vote against progression just to send a message to those who 24/7 this game, that all play styles have to be tolerated. We are not all playing just to be first/best/greatest.
    Steampunk and Katmandu26 like this.
  6. Tarrin Augur

I misread some parts of your post, after re-reading it I get you now.

I did want to clarify. I don't feel the original one was invalid or rigged. It was their only option. That being said, I don't see the animosity by some people against a new poll. If the new poll disagrees with what I personally want, so be it. At least at that point I would feel more confident that is what the server/tlp community majority actually wants.
  7. Cirre Journeyman

I voted 6 months and still want 6 months. That is the reason I am here and paying a subscription. I would rather them take a poll now to see what direction things are gonna probably go. I would much rather know now if it looks like things are gonns speed up so I can just cancel now and not waste my time. I have no interest in playing a fast progression Everquest.
    Fallfyres likes this.
  8. Indigo Augur

Agreed. Only unreasonable people would say otherwise. The previous poll wasn't very well thought out or conducted. And if long lock outs are elected, the server should progress w/o voting. That's when people leave and quit, when people vote to piss off top end guilds as in Fippy and GoD. So if it is six months or four, we should need no vote to progress, etc.