Raid zones instanced?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by oshnappleton, May 28, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sheex Goodnight, Springton. There will be no encores.

The only thing Detheb knows is how to fail at choosing a class/race!
  2. Kolani Augur

Well, don't worry what the raiders are doing then, and enjoy the game at your own pace without worrying about what someone else is doing if you're not willing or able to make the time commitment to be bleeding edge. Your enjoyment of the game will increase vastly.
  3. Detheb Augur

I really dont want to discuss this =(
  4. Kadayn New Member

So because I want to raid I should not spend the weekend with my wife and kinds. "Sorry son, daddy has to ignore you so I can kill some pixels". Just because you can make it work does not mean everyone else is as flexible as you are. If they instanced content like they did in PoP (time) on then people from all different situations would have access to the content. It would suck to basically have to un-sub until GoD is unlocked to be able to play, and then miss out of all of the past experiences that would be relived if I could kill the old raid mobs that I did have time to log on early and play late to attend.

Like many have said about all of the other non 99 changes. This is a Progression server, not a retro everquest server. Let the progression guilds get the non instanced fights, let the rest of the customers that DBG advertised to get instances weeks or months later so they can re-live the content they played 16 years ago. Guess who is paying the bills... the masses. The ones that are going to reach the content slower anyway, so if the raids are a PvPE for the first X weeks the casual veterans won't care. They probably won't be ready for it until the Hardcore guys are tired of the same mobs and are begging for Kunark.
  5. Sheex Goodnight, Springton. There will be no encores.

There's still time to rectify your past transgressions, sir!
  6. Ceffener Augur

I mean I really want to know. How many hours did it take to complete all current content in this server? Also curious how many hours I have to slam out this weekend so my opinion is considered valid.

I'm not anti your play style either. I fully support a 2 server solution.
  7. Detheb Augur

Its not about your playtime to make your concerns valid. Its about actually attempting to do things before crying that they are broken. There is "5" FIVE mobs to kill in Classic that are considered raids, unless you consider Phinny one. Thats probably 6 hours of raiding a week to get it all down. If you can't contest for 6 hours, but are willing to spend 4 hours a night? Thats not an issue that really needs to have developer time being wasted.
  8. Ceffener Augur

We're not all bosses down within an hour of reset yeserday? Obviously I can raid 1 hour a week.

Except the being at work after reset part.
  9. Kadayn New Member

Yes 6 hours a week, at random times in the day. I can't log on during my work day, or on the weekend when I am taking my wife and kids to experience the real world. To get a kill in on the mobs on a server this populated you would have to 1) stay logged in near where they spawn or 2) somebody bat-phones you so you can log in. Either way you need to be *Available* when ever they happen to spawn. Not a lot of people can just log on to a video game at a whim. That is the problem. Its not QQ TL is getting all of the loot. QQ its too difficult to form a raid and race XYZ guild.

It is:
    > I can not log in when the monster's spawn timer is up because of Life <

Instancing the 5 raid bosses in the current content (they way they do raid instances now) does the following:
    1) Prevents /pickzone farming abuse. (yes there is the alt issue, and the Top guilds may find workarounds to more loot than they would have gotten in 1999. big deal)
    2) Allows people who can not log in at random times to kill a boss to see that boss and kill it.
    3) Does not *Prevent* anyone from seeing loot.

Yes you don't get those PvP experiences for quick forming and rushing in a boss and getting the loot, but like you said these bosses are not technical, it is just whom ever can muster more people quickly, or has more high dps boxes. Thats not much of a PvP experience.

If this is such a polar split how about we let 1 of the progression servers do full instancing for maximum content availability and the other one can have no instancing. Then players could decide what server they want to play on. DBG would keep subs on both sides, and this argument could be over.
  10. Tiffy31 Elder

it doesnt make sense to instance raids until Luclin. Sleepers Tomb means you cant instance raids until then. It just wouldnt make sense if the Sleeper could be awoken more than once.
  11. Vindar Augur

I'd return and sub for at least a year if they instanced raids. A small segment of the population should not be allowed to deny access to content, it's not only wrong, it's a poor business model.
  12. RainbowTest Augur

It makes total sense. You are just biased because you want to be the server first and only person killing the sleeper. And a chance at fat loot that will never be available again on the server. Test server had the original warders running around for like over a year for people to farm even though the sleeper was awoken. It didn't ruin that servers immersion and guess what? Even though it was a live server that zone saw ALOT of traffic because everyone wanted their illusion clickies. Imagine what that'd do to drive up subs if people heard they could still raid classic sleepers even though the servers top guild already did him. This is not rocket science man, you speak of sense but you lack the common variety of it. More content for all equals happier base. The only people against instancing are those 1% people who want to have their name on a web page that will mean nothing in a year. Hell I never once looked at fippy and vulaks progression chart cause I didn't wanna see all the asshats who locked content away from me. I unsubbed because of EoE's actions and attitude towards others.
  13. Vaclav Augur

I "work" two "jobs" as well - and I can literally play any minute I want thanks to the fact I'm a contractor in one case where I do phone consults and on the other, it's my "money working for me" so I talk to my money manager every two months for an hour or two and two big dinners a year. (Besides the rare times I take direct action - but that's been like twice in twenty years)

Lets not pretend all jobs are equal - if you're working two cashier type jobs or some other manual labor, I'd suggest saying that - because if it's a kush office job (or work at home job) like a few of us have it gives a very unfair point of comparison for most people.
  14. Vaclav Augur

I think their point is somewhat valid - ST should be super contested as a "world event" thing - but just leave that one set of raids uninstanced - problem solved. Crisis averted. The world moves on just fine.
  15. Indigo Augur

No instancing raids that aren't presently instanced. Part of the competitive fun in PoP is blocking other guilds from getting Time flagged.
  16. Vaclav Augur

Right because with the new rules of engagement most of PoP isn't completely broken in a "competitive situation" with no GM enforcement. Oh hey, thanks for spawning X - he's ours since we're over here on the other side or because we rushed up right behind while the first raid is medding a sec for the final fight and the other was FM because they were just lurking behind.

Seriously, use your head.
  17. Detheb Augur

Alright, to reinforce the 2 jobs thing. I work one job as a supervisor at a retail store. Other job is bartender(And i live in a tourist town, yaaaa). Technically i also promote, but that only takes like 2 hours of my time a week.

So, roughly 54 hours a week?

Just to keep it in perspective lol.
  18. Glistarian Augur

I don't know why you guys are all arguing over instancing PoP or even Sleeper's.

You all claiming you're quitting next month anyway.
  19. Vaclav Augur

Yea, those are "real jobs" when it comes to spending time. Good to hear, amazing work considering that. [And tourist town? Sounds like you might be a neighbor - near Cape Canaveral/Cocoa Beach here]
  20. Vaclav Augur

I've never claimed any such (nor have I seen many saying that) - I might take some breaks if I run out of reasonably attainable content in an expansion but I won't be quitting for the forseeable future. (Honestly with my health - probably will be my death that ends my journey)

I do worry about my friends that are less patient than myself and/or more spendthrift. Not everyone is a narcissist.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.