Raid zones instanced?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by oshnappleton, May 28, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ceffener Augur

They should just say something. Preferably before this hits 50 pages. If instancing raids will never happen then break the news sooner than later.
    Fallfyres likes this.
  2. Giles Trainbringer Journeyman

I understand why they haven't yet and thats for the simple reason that they need more data and what this could logistically take. The purpose of these threads is to share ideas and concerns for the system. This is how debate works we are all here trying to influence daybreak games to see our visions but in the end its up to them as a company. We can play couch developer all we want but in the end we can only hope they can come up with a way forward that if not pleases everyone at least satisys them
  3. Glistarian Augur

Let's not pretend we're waiting on official word on this topic.

There IS official word, and has been for months.

That word is "No".
  4. Ceffener Augur

Isn't that the same thing people said about instancing more zones. The same thing people said about a login queue. The official word has in fact not been given.
  5. Silv Augur

They've already 180'd on 3 "official" No's in the past two weeks despite saying the opposite for months. They'll say something. It may not be a satisfactory answer but I would honestly be surprised if they just locked and ignored this thread.
    Barton and Fallfyres like this.
  6. Laronk Augur

[IMG]
  7. Glistarian Augur

You're simply wrong. It has been. Just because you don't like it doesn't mean they didn't say it.

No.
  8. zekreject Journeyman

let's spread the love a little.

Give something to the hardcore raiders:
    • x months before a raid zone is instanced, this allows for competition and "server firsts"
    • wait for next expansion before previous one is instanced
    • extra 'open world' version of the raid encounters so that the hard cores can be competitive and get more raid loot than anyone else

Give something to the casuals
    • instanced raids so that we can all actually raid

No need to rush into this. Work out a system and figure out how it will be abused, then counter that. The ideal situation is where once or twice a week a casual guild can set a time and a raid target and then have a chance to kill it without socking or negative interference from other guilds.
    Jadefox likes this.
  9. Ceffener Augur

Can you please provide the link to were this was stated. Also along with links to were all the others No's were stated and changed.
  10. Aneuren Tempered Steel

Overly semantic. You very well know that this thread would have been locked if the developers were not willing to give this issue further consideration. How many threads have already been moved or locked concerning other topics such as, for example, the desire of certain people for an official description of DBG's future merger plans?
  11. Kadayn New Member

I was thinking about this the other day. I think a delayed release instanced raids would be the best. It lets the 1337 jerks think that they are super cool with firsts and prestigious gear, and then once that gear is not BiS or the next expansion is getting near they allow normal players to access it.
    It could be something simple like the unlock schedule. Half way though the unlock schedule the instanced raids for that expac comes out. The top guilds should be well into farm status for these raids, and could even benefit by running multiple raids with a mix of mains and alts to get geared for the next expansion. On my old server one of the top guilds required members to have a raid alt on the same account with their main and they would split farm content 50% mains and 50% alts to get double the gear. I do not see any issues with this, it would still take longer than the unlock schedule to get best in slot for every member of your raid.
  12. MaestroM Augur

I'm definitely behind this approach.
  13. MaestroM Augur

If you're so confident that this is a dead topic, why have you trolled this and other threads up for the past week or so?
  14. Greymere Augur

Keep in mind the simplest solutions that require the least amount of changes from what is already available on TLP or Live is the option most likely to be selected. LDoN style instances just isn't gonna happen.
  15. Ceffener Augur

On emulated servers it wouldn't be hard to add a npc that spawns the boss. On defeat of the boss it cast a debuff to all players. Any player with that debuff gets kicked from the zone. Debuff last x days.

Could do much more elegant solutions, but that's easiest already in game that I can think of.
  16. Aneuren Tempered Steel

Genuine question - since I believe the developers stated that the creation of the instances themselves would not require an extensive amount of effort (am I wrong? If so I apologize). Would it be so hard to use the Old Man M instances but to add instanced versions of other raid zones?
  17. Greymere Augur

they'd have to code all that in though, and while I think creating triggered, instanced(with lockouts) and phased(where only people in the same phase can interact with the object/NPC) raid content would make for a more enjoyable experience overall, I don't see them making such large scale changes that would then be applied to other Live servers.
  18. Naelbis Elder

Instanced raids WILL HAPPEN, I guarantee it. It just isn't anything that is needed right now since there is only one guild really capable of raiding atm. Once there are 5 or 6 guilds that can and want to raid Daybreak will have to do something to allow them to do so. Unless allowing one guild to own content and drive away customers is considered a smart business model by them, which I doubt. Of course they could take the easier way and force a breakup of Twisted Legacy, but that wouldn't be fair either. Instances are the answer...always have been.
  19. Glistarian Augur

LOL. Literally LOL.

"We're waiting for official word on this."

"There is official word. No."

"They haven't locked the thread, so they must be thinking about it still!!!!!"

Just proof that you'll continue on and on whatever they do or say.
  20. Ceffener Augur

Still waiting on those links.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.