re: My Character

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Cicelee, Jun 2, 2015.

1. Cicelee Augur

To whom it may concern at DBG:

My apologies in advance for not knowing exactly where to place this thread/request. I guess since I am a veteran, this forum will suffice for now :)

In light of multiple situations that has happened recently with several long time accounts in Everquest being stripped and deleted after an unauthorized transfer to the Firiona Vie server, the response (or lack there of) regarding assistance with said accounts, and the fear that many of us long time veteran players have that our primary characters (whom we have invested thousands and thousands of hours into) are feeling if such an attack happened to our character... I would like to make the following statement

Under no circumstance will I, the account owner of Cicely (current lvl 105 magician on the Bristlebane server), allow a transfer of any character on my account to the Firionia Vie server. If such a transaction does take place, it would have been done so with malicious intent by an individual not associated with my account.

My account password has never been given to anyone, and it is an unique password only associated with Everquest. I am the sole owner of this account, and can prove via credit card statement histories this fact.

I am hoping that, possibly, someone at DBG can create some list of characters that do not want to be transferred to FV. I am hoping that this post can be archived and referred to in the future in the (hopefully non) event that my character is compromised. And I am hoping that maybe someone at DBG can flag my account in general (and my primary character specifically) of this request to prevent what has happened to others.

To be honest DBG, I just don't know what else to do. The community has seen what your company has done with several long time accounts, most notably Pwnz. It has also tried to give suggestions on preventive measures for our accounts to prevent the stripping/selling/deleting of toons that have thousands and thousands of hours invested. This has fallen on deaf ears.

Many of us are worried and concerned. We don't know what to do. Maybe this record of my request is something. Maybe not. But at least I am trying to do something. I am making an effort to form a business partnership to protect a long time investment.

Thanks for your concern to this matter.

Cicely
    Geroblue, roguerunner, Dre. and 12 others like this.
  2. Naugrin Augur

Add me to this list lol.
    Iila likes this.
  3. Roxxanna Augur

In another thread, this was posted today:

"I went ahead and got details on the specifics of this so let me clear up a few issues:

If your account is legitimately hacked, our Customer Service folks will assist you.
    Do not, under ANY circumstances share your password with other individuals. If you do, our Customer Service folks will NOT be able to assist you."

Read through entire thread here:

https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq/index.php?threads/stolen-character-where-is-cs.221399/
    Aghinem likes this.
  4. Bigstomp Augur

Sign me up for the do not let my characters be transferred to FV movement.

Oh, and 2 factor authentication would be cool too.
  5. Blankslate Elder

I changed the passwords on my 8 accounts today.

I have never shared my info. I have never had a problem.

I suggest you do the same. The chances of you getting hacked are small if you have never shared your info.

ibid.

ibid.

ibid.
  6. Pwnography Augur

Yeah, Roxanna. They posted it, locked the thread, then locked the other threads where we tried to continue the conversation. They don't help victims. Its that simple. No discourse, no civil discussion, just empty statements and locked threads. I had poor account security, and I paid dearly for it. Everyone please don't let it happen to you. Good luck and godspeed. I can't bring myself to hand DBG another penny when they refuse to help a fifteen year veteran with being victimized.
  7. Rykard Augur

DBG,

Add me to that list.

Would like to request some kind of additional security be established or possibly re-start authenticators again since it appears they have been discontinued.

Rykard
  8. Kellaer Augur

DBG, you aren't being responsible, and you owe it to everybody that plays your games.
    Geroblue, Dre. and Ferry-Tunare like this.
  9. modenchanter New Member

What about having to enter a "secret word" to approve character transfers? This seems like it could deter some issues.
  10. Bigstomp Augur

2 factor authentication would fix a ton of issues.
    Iila likes this.
  11. Glace Journeyman

Please add me to any such list. I do not want any of my characters transferred to the Firiona Vie server ever.

Thanks.
  12. Bigstomp Augur

Without 2 factor authentication, or possibly even better we're all one guessed/fished/ect password away. And there is nothing we as players can do. Obviously some bit falls on us, as in don't be a moron while doing network stuff. But even large swaths of ISP home routers are being compromised.
    To trust everything to one simple password is dumb.
  13. Iila Augur

I want either an opt-in timed lockout on character deletions/transfers, or opt-in 2fa on those.

The fact that DBG isn't providing either of those with the new CS policy of "lol, you're screwed" is extremely negligent.
  14. Ferry-Tunare Augur

What happens if someone shared their passwords in the past and then later changed them?
  15. Rhaage Augur

16. RPoo Augur

Is being "legitimately hacked" like being "legitimately "?
    Elricvonclief, Sancus, Iila and 3 others like this.
  17. Gialana Augur

I can understand that you don't want your characters transferred to FV. I don't want my characters transferred away from whatever servers they are on, not that any of my toons have anything worth selling.

But what's to stop someone else from posting that they don't want their characters transferred to FV, then personally transferring them and referring to the post to "prove" it couldn't have been them? It would be much better to have a way to prevent the transfers completely, beside normal account security.

Count me in for someone who would gladly flag their characters as non-transferrable.
  18. Mintalie Augur

o_O
    Iila likes this.
  19. Zarakii Augur

so they didnt help you in the slightest like radar said they would? im shocked when i know i shouldnt be... well i just gave up raiding last night and it was the only thing keeping me here sorry to hear pwnz think ill keep rolling d3 until i a find a new mmo i can give my loyalty to since DBG has trampled over it like many other loyal players
  20. guado Augur

I'd like to add all accounts associated with my email address the "No Transfer to FV" list.
    Iila likes this.