[Unmentioned 3rd Party Software] and Boxing

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by teagray2, May 23, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Diemond Augur

*Mic drop*
  2. Sachel New Member

So as long as the characters are attended [Unmentioned 3rd Party Software] is legal as per Daybreak. So pretty much what we all already knew, but now it has been verified.

/thread
    Silv likes this.
  3. Lighteningrod Augur

This is a statement about nothing. We already knew that. Automated use has been acknowledged and is not supported by the boxing community anymore than any other player. It's the first sentence in the welcome message in the IRC chat. It's stickied in every forum on the website. It's hardcoded into the [Unmentioned 3rd Party Software] Toolkit UI.

No change is no change.
  4. Slasher Augur

Editing an admin quote can result in a suspension please do not do it people will take your quote and say this is what he said.
    Motherlee likes this.
  5. Trevalon Augur

+1

Though I am glad he said it here because a lot of people seemed to forget it - I just hope people in game get the message that [Unmentioned 3rd Party Software] is not illegal and as long as you are at the computer it is ok to use - because a lot of uninformed people are sending in pointless petitions on [Unmentioned 3rd Party Software] users for things that are perfectly within the confines of the rules.
  6. namad New Member

This is killing me, but, are people abbreviating southern desert of ro as "sol ro" ?
  7. rune00 Augur

in itself cannot automate anything at all for you. It can broadcast key presses and so forth like [Unmentioned 3rd Party Software], and people can write macros for it and run them to automate stuff, but that's on the user, just like any other application that can run macros written by its users, Microsoft excel for example...

Macros for unattended gameplay is NOT shipped with the application and using it for unattended gameplay has always been frowned upon by it's devs.
    I don't condone use of either [Unmentioned 3rd Party Software] or but I hate when antiboxers use false propaganda to further their agenda.

Lets just be fair and stick to the facts.
  8. Serona Elder

Never understood people's need to automate boxing. Pick characters that easily box together if you want to box. I.e. more casters than melee etc.

Stop being scrubs, box by hand or don't at all.
    Kasuka likes this.
  9. namad New Member

You could go play project1999.com there's a strict automated policy that prevents a second login on the same IP address. Additionally GM's who suspect players are getting around this rule and boxing will give out impossible boxing challenges like running all your characters in circles that go in different directions, or any additional challenges they can make up on the spot and not give you any warning to prepare for.

Via a VPN you might be able to get away with a rez/port box for a long time but you'll never get away with active group box'ing play ever.
  10. Motherlee Augur

So can quoting someone who got suspended. :-(
  11. RadarX Augur

Let's just keep things on topic. If you have moderation questions, feel free to drop me a PM.
    Motherlee likes this.
  12. Goodnews Augur

The success of Ragefire was unexpected. Those were the words. Filling a capacity over double Fippy or Vulak. My personal experience on the server saw many boxers. I'm sure they were having a good time. In almost every single pickup group I got into, boxers received negative comments.

These were not guildmate buddies of mine or people in the Antonica channel that can be controlled by a vocal few. These were people who were trying to level up in zones being contested by groups of 4-6 boxers. The players I grouped with did not like it. I experienced this with different groups in different zones. The sentiment was the same.

Boxing is fun for the boxer. And very few other people. Yes, people can receive loot from boxers (I was given a shield by one on his way down to Lguk). Yes, people can get into that last slot a boxer might have open (lucky you!). However, Yes, the server feels the presence of boxers on a maxed pop server.

What I saw first hand is that there is a healthy portion of the server that does not only not want to box, but do not want boxing to be part of the community they're in. Couple that with the fact the server was received beyond all expectations and I think what we have here is a community of people looking for a single server to call home.

So, keep the boxing on all the servers its already on. Lets have one server with no-boxing and perhaps, yet again, you will have a server that exceeds your expectations.
  13. Machen New Member

Too bad that's not your call to make.
  14. Aneuren Tempered Steel

I know they stated this publicly but I still don't understand why, in the face of everything we as a community constantly emphasized.
  15. Goodnews Augur

Of course it is not my call. That is why I am taking the time to post on a forum. If it was my call to make, I would not be here voicing my opinion, I would simply... make the call.
    Have a blessed day, Machen.
    svann likes this.
  16. Tamier Augur

Unfortunately, ISBoxing is allowed, and they have no intention of ever changing it. They have no intention of doing anything different for any other player base at this time. And they are going to shut down every thread where people get toxic like yesterday. Just got this in inbox from RadarX. Not sure i'm allowed to post a private response on a public forum, so I havn't yet. But sorry folks, the company may care that we are dissatisfied, but obviously not enough to do something about it.
  17. Aneuren Tempered Steel

"If I could be a dictator and force everyone to do what I wanted to do by god I would do it. But you have yourself a blessed day."

Fixed that for you.
  18. Diemond Augur

WTH? The overlords have spoken, why is this thing still breathing?
    Silv likes this.
  19. Tamier Augur

Because there is a large player base that is dissatisfied with their decision. How is that not plain to see?
  20. Invictvs Augur

How are so many people still mad about this. Shouldn't the peasants be out in the fields tilling and gathering the harvest?
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.