[Unmentioned 3rd Party Software] and Boxing

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by teagray2, May 23, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tamier Augur

LOL this coming from a guy who has never provided proof of any kind?
  2. Blackdot New Member

I run six accounts using 6 computers and 6 narrow F-keys so I can press the same key on all computers in one go. How would that be different? How it's that automation?? Btw see my previous post for image of my old rig and my take on is Boxer
  3. Tamier Augur

Silv you can lie all you want and claim you're not a boxer, and yet you're on every post with every boxer flaming everyone who's against [Unmentioned 3rd Party Software]. Keep lying to people.
  4. Warpeace Augur

Who is the company president?
  5. Tamier Augur

Everyone who plays this game has access to the ToS and you're too lazy to go read it? Thats you're problem. I've linked which section, and so have multiple other people many times on forums you argued on. You're just lying dude.
  6. Silv Augur

I never claimed I didn't box. I said I don't use [Unmentioned 3rd Party Software]. I've actually stated in a million places on these forums that I do. So, I'm not trying to hide anything. I have no conflict of interest with [Unmentioned 3rd Party Software] as you'd like to imply (since I don't use it).
  7. Master Kahleem Augur

It isn't a form of automation. You have absolutely ZERO technical expertise if you claim otherwise, and have no authority of educational background to speak on this subject.

Move along. Otherwise you're spreading misinformation.
    Adrienna and Melanippe like this.
  8. Tronk Augur

Stop these stupid comments. You have to be there. Each character has it's own keystrokes (healers versus tanks versus pet classes, for example).

It removes issues of having to constantly change windows using repetitive keystrokes, which are a health issue. For the disabled, it means that someone able-bodied can do something (box using alt-tab) which the disabled can not do. DBG would immediately need to incorporate a similar feature into the game. They really need to do this, everything is [Unmentioned 3rd Party Software] should be part of the core engine. It isn't, therefore to be able to play multiple accounts we (my wife and I are both disabled) use these tools. Remove access to them without providing a viable alternative, and we will immediate file an ADA claim.

We have paid and played a massive amount of the SOE/DBG games. We box because we are slow, and we enjoy it. WE WILL NEVER GROUP WITH YOU -- GET OVER YOURSELVES. We have learned that over time, you people are just too intolerant of our constant need for AFKs, our disinterest in moving about, or of chatting. All of those things are hard for us.

We pay, and we play our way. Seriously, we still haven't got a character to level 9 yet!

Leave us the F*** ALONE. You play your way, let us play ours.
    Adrienna and Melanippe like this.
  9. Tamier Augur

lol at least you admitted [Unmentioned 3rd Party Software] uses .net scripting. Scripting has always been something people don't agree with.
  10. Roguewiz Lorekeeper

Was unaware that you had to subscribe to [Unmentioned 3rd Party Software]. Regardless though, still doesn't change the fact that it is viewed as cheating by the vast majority of the community.

Not quite. I saw it twitch a little bit. Immediately manaburned for good measure.
  11. Maltheus Elder

I'm a player who uses [Unmentioned 3rd Party Software] to play 6 characters. I haven't been logged in to Ragefire more than just a little bit as the queues were tough and I felt bad taking up six slots on a very populated server.

Yesterday while playing in the middle of the day I came across a character who was in the process of dying (along with his boxed mage). I healed him, gave him an hp buff, and then used [Unmentioned 3rd Party Software] to automatically level my characters to 50 by pressing "1" on my main screen which hits thousands and thousands of keystrokes on my boxes over the course of three weeks. Right now they should be in Najena if AFK detection hasn't caught me.
    Adrienna likes this.
  12. Tamier Augur

And neither do you to call him wrong, nor have you proven otherwise. You sound very incompentent at the subject at hand.
  13. Tamier Augur

And yet you defend it on every post made on this forum. I say you're not telling the truth. Get over it.
  14. Zanarnar Augur

No we get that, and we get that its much harder to do that with large armies of bots then to use [Unmentioned 3rd Party Software] to control them all. I've manually 2-boxed way, way in the past and hated every moment of it because I had to watch both screens, basically play with one hand on each keyboard to be effective on both toons.

[Unmentioned 3rd Party Software] lets you do that with one keyboard, AUTOMATING the communication between clients. Sure you still have to setup the proper macros on each client but it really takes the hard part out of boxing. Make that an army of the same class (mages in this case) and the automation makes it very easy to control them.

Show me someone boxing 12 chars without [Unmentioned 3rd Party Software] or and I'll show you this guy
  15. Warpeace Augur

Tell you what report me for using [Unmentioned 3rd Party Software] Tamier.....good luck!
  16. Freki Augur

the last word happened on tuesdays twitch broadcast by roshen. he said "using one key to send commands to 6 accounts is not cool" (ok that is a paraphrase not a direct quote but it is close). no one has argued about a macro key inside of your eq client. so i will talk about that.

you say you can make a key do 5 commands or more... or use the /melody macro to play things. so without anything beyond running EQ, can you make a macro key inside of the everquest client to have another account's character do something? (this is assuming that you have both accounts and they are not /dueling.) so can you on a mage, make the macro for /melody to control your boxed bard from within the client?

the answer is NO. if DBG/SOE has made the functionality, you can use it from within your client. [Unmentioned 3rd Party Software] being used to control your video card? sure. i'll accept that, it will allow you to have your windows open, but once you press one key that is then by the computer repeated to 5 or 6 windows (or even one more) you have entered the realm of automation. it is very basic, but it is AUTOMATION.

Personally I don't care if you do it or not but don't expect me to have sympathy when you come to the forums and whine because you lost your toon. and if someone brings up the fact that [Unmentioned 3rd Party Software] is not named as a bad thing by DBG, things change, things are not specific in order to let them do what they need to do as a company.
  17. 3much503 New Member

I just resubscribed yesterday and started playing on a freshly made account did no such thing as botting boxing etc just played legit on one account, I even bought my friend a Krono. wake up today and my account is suspended without an email stating the reason why. wtf is going on here?, if a GM sees this please resolve my issue same forum name as account name. you boxers always gotta ruin it for us legit players.
  18. Paydro Journeyman

I love how Daybreak allows people to argue back and forth without actually saying anything. Here's what needs to happen. Roshen needs to swoop in and clearly define for us what is and is not allowed in regards to boxing. He should avoid phrasing like "not super awesome" and state clearly either:

A) [Unmentioned 3rd Party Software] and all of its features are allowed. If you can demonstrate you are not AFK botting you will not be banned.
    B) Using the key repeating features of [Unmentioned 3rd Party Software] is a bannable offense. One keypress can only lead to one action on one character.
    C) The use of [Unmentioned 3rd Party Software] is a bannable offense.

The discussions are getting old. Nobody is saying anything useful. None of this discussion really means anything in the end, as we don't set policy on these kinds of things.
  19. Blackdot New Member

I can show you how I box 6 toons with nothing but 6 computers and 6 very narrow USB f-keys next to each other...
  20. Silv Augur

I've been boxing since 2003, I don't need it. I also don't use WinEQ, GINA, or any other 3rd party software for my EQ experience (well, Vent I guess). I appreciate you calling me a liar though. Very nice.

I defend it because you're WRONG and yet you keep spewing garbage all over the forums. I figured we needed someone who has a clue what they're talking about to point out the flaws in all of your logic.
    Warpeace and Reht like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.