Why your Que is bad for business...

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Drelik, May 25, 2015.

1. Drelik Lorekeeper

So I will preface this by stating I am extremely happy to even have this server up. However, we have issues that are going to cause you to lose paying customers in a very short order.

1. Que- A lot of my guild are not able to sit around for longer then a few hours at a time. Your que is taking forever to allow then to get in so by the time they do they have maybe an hour to play. By the time they find a group they end up having to leave and log.

2. Crashes- A lot of folks are crashing due to the Advanced loot system. So when they crash they cant get back. See #1.

3. Overcrowding- Even with the levels now spread out its crowded as hell. Crushbone well into the 90s for folks, Unrest a mob will spawn and be dead within seconds, Lavastorm etc etc etc. I believe even LGuk was in the 80s population at one point. Even commonlands that is instanced had every single major camp taken of every instance last night.

So whats my point? One server is just not enough at this point. I know the counter argument is going to be "The 2nd server will just be dead in a month". At this point if you did a second server I think you would probably get more folks to come back, as a lot of folks where turned off by first few days and just walked away from things. I almost did but I committed myself to my guild so I am dealing with it...Oh and I wrote this while sitting in the Que for the past hour and half.
    Ltldogg and jmsgalla like this.
  2. crag79 Augur

3. Exitx Journeyman

This is the first weekend. Relax and be patient.
  4. Drelik Lorekeeper

5. Rolento Augur

Had they just decided to make two servers from the start, it would have possibly worked. Its far to late for that now. Give it a month and the population will calm down. Though it doesn't solve the limited content there is for people after level 20+. Nevermind 40+!
  6. Drelik Lorekeeper

That's exactly the point of my initial post. We should not have to wait a month to be able to play since we are paying to play. If I have just a few hours to play each day and I spend 80% in a que, whats the point?
    Ltldogg and Kludar like this.
  7. Actonup Elder

I wonder if i can get reimbursed.
    Ltldogg likes this.
  8. Thebobdar New Member

They should have made 2 servers to begin with!

This is out not good for those who want to play regardless if its the first weekend or not. One of 5 reasons to play as we got in the mail from DB was "get the band back together" you cant do that with this Que system if you cant log in.

The Adv. Loot system crashes is slack from the Devs. I /bugged it on Ragefire Beta and expected it fixed.
    Ltldogg and Drelik like this.
  9. Heilena Augur

Everyone saying just wait a month is clueless. It is not to late to start a second server. Who cares if they are off on timelines by a few days. The people in the que can choose to either stay on ragefire or split off. At that point you don't have 100s of people waiting to play.
    Ltldogg likes this.
  10. jmsgalla Journeyman

Over half of my game time is spent waiting in queue. This is unacceptable.

Tonight I came home and tried to log in around 5:20. It's 6:36 and I still haven't gotten logged in. I have about 25 minutes left of game time for the night and I'm still waiting in queue to get logged in.
    Ltldogg, Kasuka and Horth like this.
  11. Ravenwulf New Member

I see some people say one server would be dead in a month. I disagree, I think they should do another server, Ragefire has only been open just a couple days. They should offer people a free transfer for those that don't want to regrind. Like so many others that played EQ of the old day it has a nostalgia appeal to us but I don't want to spend any time in Que. Unless DB is willing to charge us only for the time we play and not a monthly rate! I didn't renew my subscription to sit in que for hours on end. I renewed my subscription so when I hit server select I go to my Character screen and then into game. The appeal to the older expansions was the fact you worked to get your character up thru hours of play time. NOT QUE time. My play time is limited and when I have time to play I don't want to wait. It has nothing to do with patience it has to do with my time constraints!!! Thanks I hope some one from Daybreak reads this and address the problems and gives us viable solutions not ear music!
    Ltldogg likes this.
  12. Horth New Member

Yep, time to open up a new server. I subbed only for this. I logged in as soon as I got home and am still waiting in a queue.. some people don't have much time to play each day and no one wants to spend all of it waiting.
    Ltldogg likes this.
  13. Supermain New Member

Personally speaking the Que just does not work for me as a average player that has a family and works full time. I am only playing Everquest currently for Ragefire, so I do not have any interest in any other server.

By the time I get home from work and proactively load up EQ my Que time is still hitting 2 hours. Now in that 2 hours I'm doing my best to squeeze in the family time as well, however this does not always work out. As a father I take care of my family first then play EQ.

The inability to be able to log in and play is basically killing my Everquest gaming ability. I'm sure there must be other players out there like me, where this wait time will inevitably kill there subscriptions on it not making sense anymore.

I have no idea if the second server is a money problem or not, but there seems to be a large demand for it, and I would hope DBG would at least look at the cost of losing members over putting up another server.
  14. Fizzle Augur

It is pretty bad right now, however im sorry to say opening a 2nd server with the exanct same ruleset would result in an early demize for both servers. It happened on the last 2 tlps. The population will thin out over a couple years and both servers would be low population and unattractive to most. If it was possible to merge down the road this possibly could work. The single overcrowded server will sustain more subs over time than 2 smaller servers and db is trying to keep as many subs for as long as possible. They likely will lose subs either way but its the lesser of 2 evils
  15. flyingmonk New Member

If you believe waiting a month will solve the problem you are sadly confused. Waiting a month will actually cause more people to stop playing, as everyone will be max level, but guess what, there will be no place to play. 1 server is just to small. My suggestion is open a 2nd server, keep both servers on same timeline, and merge somewhere around luclin, as population will drop after velious. Make it known the servers will be merging after velious. Lets face it once luclin hits population will be down some, and you will have enough zones to support the higher level charecters.
  16. Kegwell Lurker since '99

The Q is AWFUL, let me play on my regular server while I wait for your dang Q!
  17. jmsgalla Journeyman

This is unacceptable. I got in queue around 5:20 PM EST and I am still in queue at 7:05 PM EST. The time I have to play games is over. The only reason I am paying a subscription is to play on Ragefire and I can't.

The icing on the cake is that I actually talked my wife into playing again with me for the new server and due to the queue times we haven't gotten to play together yet. Ever time we have to leave the queue before it's our turn because we wouldn't have enough time to get anything accomplished.

This needs to be addressed. A sit and wait it out approach is unacceptable.
  18. Mashef Augur

This is where you are 2000% wrong. If they had no proactive plan, this is bad in the long term. In the short term you simply create a second server, allow transfers from Ragefire and merge the two when Velious is unlocked. This prevents all of these issues. They have merged servers for years. The only risk is if you are one of those people who love their precious name you may not want to move servers.

This is the proper, easiest and best solution from a developmental and customer service point of view. Easy to execute.
  19. Ravenwulf New Member

"The population will thin out over a couple years and both servers would be low population and unattractive to most."

The whole purpose of this server as I understand it was to relive what it was like to play EQ classic and go thru the expansions. From my point of view that is not excuse for me to have to sit in Que time. So what if they have to combine servers at a later date. In the beginning EQ was about what a true Mmorpg was suppose to be. It was about being able to solo thru the whole content in a week it was about making friends, grouping with people, and enjoying an evening in a fantasy land. To me an Old AD&D 1st edition player it was be able to play it on a computer with others. Bot armies were not heard of. It was hard enough to play 1 toon let alone 5-6 at the same time. What killed EQ IMHO was the fact that they tried to release a brand new Expansion every 3-6 months most players that I grouped and guilded with got tired of it. They should of revamped the content they had and added in more quest items. EQ kept giving more and better items. They took away the fact that many people grinded their ways up thru the levels with Hell levels in the beginning. Items weren't just given to you because you killed a couple bats and rats then got a ridiculously OP'd item that in the old days you were level 40ish before you ever got. They should of spent time allowing ways for old players to upgrade armor, new quests in homeland. Stuff like that, instead of catering to a few people that wanted to be the first to kill this mob or wanted more and more OP'd gear with out earning it. My honest opinion. Everyone should of had to experience old eq. Not log in and create and BOX army and try to get to thru the expansion and be pissed off when everyone else wants to enjoy the game at a slower pace!
  20. Peri Journeyman

Still waiting in que for almost an hour. This is past ridiculous. DBG has no clue how to run a game or they just don't care. Either is pathetic. I have all access and this isn't the only game with issues. I won't even start on the others. There has been a major decline on so many levels since they bought out Sony.

I am strongly considering dropping all their games. I have played for 16 years and I have never been so disappointed in gaming as I am now.

They had some of the best games but they are all in decline. It is sad.