Wow..they are wiping the server to make names avalible to players who didnt get the name they wanted

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by MMOer, May 20, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kellaer Augur

It probably had to do with /who all 50 returning too many people for the game to list.
  2. SBC0 Elder

How do you know that no one had the name?
  3. Woncho Journeyman

i agree with Wandidar. I have quite a few names, that are(i like to think kinda well known thru games) that i can use, if those dont work i have a few i personally enjoy that i know wont be taken. Relax.
  4. Hateseeker Augur

Are we going to have wipe the server tomorrow because of people who didn't get their name because they fell asleep before the server came up?
    Tamier likes this.
  5. Tamier Augur

It wasn't long before moron. It was 2:35pm, when they stated the server would be available ABOUT 3pm. 25m is not a long time before scheduled release. That being said, all mmo's release off launch time. Most early, a few late. This is completely normal for anyone who's been playing mmo's for any significant amount of time. It definately isn't an "unfair" advantage, except to entitlement people. Did you get your free phone on time?
  6. SBC0 Elder

You can reply with a response or correction without being condescending or rude
  7. Muligan New Member

They stated numerous times that the names were getting locked in their DB tables. It's not that people didn't get the names they wanted, it is the simple fact their names would be lost forever in this state.
  8. SBC0 Elder

You sound like a delightful person
  9. Qing Journeyman

I've been playing MMO's since 1999. And talk about entitled. The game was so fubar that people were starting at level 1 with their level 85 spells memmed, and you're "enraged" over the fact that they're wiping because you think you picked a clever name. Get over yourself, this is bigger than you.
  10. Jaxarale01 Augur

i give a f if they reset... what i care about is grown men crying like little because they cant get the name they had 15 years ago...

seriously? that is the top problem in your life? if so... reevaluate it cause your a waste of flesh imo
  11. Grish Augur

No they do not. Lots of people are asleep already. We have no idea when the server is going to come back up. Maybe people without jobs and lives have an equal chance.

The server came live 25 minutes earlier than planned. Thousands of people were there, waiting, ready. Now it could come up anytime in the next 2-18 hours for all we know.
  12. Ishbu Augur

No, what I am saying is they would have lost their name without a wipe, and nobody else. Thats not fair to them. They didnt choose the bug, it just happened, why should they have to make new names and nobody else?
  13. Tamier Augur

Well sir the problem is thats false. There was no person who started with lvl 85 spells memmed, there is no proof of it, there is no screen shots of it. Its simply false. People started lying to try and get a reset. There were level 50's. They got shut down, and removed. Most of us had the integrity to delete them ourselves. It was easily fixable. I have nothing to get over, and this minor issue was easily fixable without a wipe, as have been much bigger issues in mmos.
  14. Vulak-Arkadius Augur

4000+ individual logins there is bound to be someone trying to use the same name as you, there is no reason for people to complain about not getting it.

Secondly taking "another reason" out of context is creating more drama then there needs to be. The point was being made "this is another reason" is because once a level 50 is created with a name and the server was locked and manually deleted that name will NOT be able to ever be used again on that particular server unless the hardcore in mySQL is reset which would require a lot of intensive changes on database end. I know this from work
  15. Silv Augur

I'll politely keep that in mind for future forum posting. Thank you for your meaningful contribution to this thread.
  16. Osco Journeyman

Since you haters didn't read any of the other posts, I don't expect you to read mine either.

The issue is NOT about wiping because some people didn't get the names they wanted!

The issue is that people GOT the names they wanted, but were handed a Level 50 toon due to a bug. Now all the correctly named, but bugged Level 50's will be deleted and the names of those toons will be lost... these players would not be able to re-roll a Level One toon with that name.

This is all secondary to the possibility that plat and buffs got out from the bugged Level 50 toons, which skew the server in the direction of bad juju. This is the real reason for the wipe, I suspect.
    Silv likes this.
  17. svann Augur

I dont even believe that. The fact that people didnt get the name they wanted is completely unrelated to the bug. People who didnt get their name (regardless of whether you think it important) didnt get it because a conscious decision to open the server early. I dont care what Holly says, they did NOT wipe the server because of the name thing. If they had really thought that was something important they would not have opened early in the first place.
    Silv likes this.
  18. vardune Augur

actually it was more like 40 min but whos counting.
  19. Roshen Brand Manager

Closing this. We're NOT wiping because it helps people get the name they wanted. I discuss why we'd wipe here: https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq/index.php?threads/ragefire-update-may-20-7pm-pdt.221074/

^ this.

Without doing a full wipe, anyone on a deleted/bugged level 50 wouldn't be able to claim the same name.
    Riftzen likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.