Devs, Please keep breeze in game for Ragefire launch

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by kain200, May 12, 2015.

1. Nolrog Augur

Keep it out and make people learn how to manage their mana properly.
  2. Dredlox Elder

And while we're at it, don't let us respawn with our gear after death.
    Fallfyres and MBear like this.
  3. Gleipnir Journeyman

Breeze is in game, its sold at the vendor in the EC tunnels along with the level 20 bard manasong
  4. The Badger Lord Augur

Keep it in, and let enchanters have their main line before level 30 like every other class has their speciality.

Mages get pets when?

Necros dots, pets, etc when?

Warriors, SKs wear plate when?

Monks get FD when?
  5. Ducreux Augur

Level 20 Manasong was removed from the EC vendor but Breeze was still available as of ~3:00PM this afternoon. Maybe they listened?

Considering they already nerfed enchanters by removing the ability to control animation pets through Petamorph (I wonder if this is going to affect regular Live servers) there isn't much reason to kill their other low level group desirability.
  6. sihpa Augur

The bard songs gone off that vendor but breeze is still on there!
  7. kain200 Augur

The reason breeze is there now is because Kunark is active. They stated in the main FAQ post for the server that breeze would be removed until the appropriate era it was introduced (which is kunark). Thats why i'm asking them to please reconsider and just allow it in at the start of the server. I believe the bard mana song should be in at launch as well of course.
  8. The Badger Lord Augur

Of course it should. Now Im kind of upset about this breeze, mana song thing, but I'm not saying this with a rude tone.

I don't care if mage pets and monk fists are left in the game at the end of the day, but to take away breeze and mana song is ridiculous! they are by no means more game breaking than other changes from other classes.

They are not more important to the classic feel than other major issues such as ADV loot, Maps, etc.

They are but a tiny ordeal, and the effort required to remove them puzzles me when other more important things are untouched.

Furthermore, leaving them in the game was the RIGHT thing to do, unlock many other things that are being left in the game which was the wrong thing to do.

Stuff that should be removed (Adv Loot, etc) is left in, and stuff that should be left in (breeze, class balance, etc) is removed.
  9. taliefer Augur

warriors and sks wont wear plate till about the mid 20s where bronze starts dropping on this server, if not early 30s
  10. Silv Augur

LOL @ Mana regen being a "specialty" of the class. And, it's low 20s that they get Clarity, not in the 30s. At least get the data correct. Enchanters get mez, nukes, charm, and stuns before Lv 20. They got their specialty just like everyone else.

Breeze was a *minor* convenience factor when it finally got put into the game. Yay, small regen buff 12 levels early in a level spread that takes not a lot of time. I honestly feel bad for most of the Enchanters starting on this server as most of the population seems to have some bizarrely twisted view of the class.
    Random_Enchanter likes this.
  11. Lekkric18 Elder

Yeah Clarity is 26, but the sad fact is that for most people enchanter = crack. As long as I can mezz and charm, I'll be happy :)
  12. liveitup1216 Augur

We'll have Breeze in Kunark, don't worry.
  13. Random_Enchanter Augur

I think its kind of Ironic that every enchanter posting on this thread doesn't care that breeze is going to be there, yet nigh every other mana using class is like 'OMG PUT IT IN!'
    sihpa likes this.
  14. Fallfyres Augur

-------------------
    Well written post, I'd definitely like to see Breeze in.

This part though>>> "What harm does leaving breeze in the game do?" I wonder if the decision to keep Breeze out was made before or after the discussion about how memblur could affect players dpsing mobs on the DPS is king Ragefire server thats coming soon? ^-^

Just curious since there seems to be rampant belief by some people on these forums that somehow corporate decisions at DBG are, or have been being made off the cuff, quickly and with seemingly little foresight.

(*Not my opinion at all...I think its a business currently seeking to make some profit-making hay out of a neglected, and little used field. Why in the world would they make isolated decisions in some uncoordinated symphony of individual elements? They pre-planned when they purchased Sony's gaming holdings. I bet they pre-planned before jumping in to start making their own mark and creating profit for the future also.

Unless we're just a tax-write off, they have vested interest in making this a going concern.)
  15. sihpa Augur

Just looking out for you, brah! *twitches* /tt May I get breeze please? :p
  16. Multra New Member

I am going to main enc and I don't mind breeze being out.
    Fallfyres likes this.
  17. yukan Augur

Leave it out of the game. Casters are already WAY overpowered for this era and should need nothing else to make leveling up easier. A caster without breeze or clarity will STILL blow away any melee DPS besides maybe monks. Please leave it out of the game until Kunark, and this is coming from someone with an enchanter box.
  18. Potsos76 Augur

I never understand people who take the stance that someone else getting an (incredibly minor) buff somehow makes their class/gameplay/experience worse because they didn't get something themselves. Newsflash: you'll be grouping with these casters and the lower their downtime, the lower your downtime. This affects ooc "gameplay" and nothing more. Get over yourselves.
    Druz likes this.
  19. The Badger Lord Augur

Come on Roshen and EQ dev team, can we please get a reply about some issues like this breeze or class balance like leaving in shissar poisons for rogues, or a creating a simple aug for paladins, rangers, or warriors (or even a poison?)

I simply don't understand. There are many well written points on class balance on this server. Many major features that are far more important to classic nostalgia such as ADV Loot, Map,s etc, are being left in. So why are the things that should be left in, removed? Breeze is not a "spell that adds serious power" it is much closer to the quality of life spells. I talked about class balance in more detail on the following thread:

https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq...ns-class-balance-doable-and-essential.219692/

With the PnP policy changing, there will be even more monks and mages than Fippy. Class balance is going to be an even bigger issue.
  20. The Broken One New Member

breeze please! agree with op, fallfor, badgerlord, and others. doesn't make sense, why remove it?