"Daybreak Week"

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Kellaer, Apr 27, 2015.

1. Sheex Goodnight, Springton. There will be no encores.

Miss the point much? The idea is that something special repeated over and over in a short time frame loses a lot of what makes it special. I'm a no lifer as you snidely put it, and would much rather have seen faction, increased spawn, or some other "fun" bonus mechanic, purely for the sake of variety.
  2. Kuvian Lorekeeper

Shut yo mouth! These exp bonuses are awesome for people with multiple toons to level.
    noclue, Geroblue and Zaza like this.
  3. Numiko Augur

Ok well then if the exp bonus is so important maybe you can ask why EQ2 and Planetside are getting 100% exp bonus for the week, but Everquest is only getting a 50% bonus?
  4. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

Daybreak figures the more people max level and max or close to max aa the more will buy the campaign in the fall. They are doing what they can to generate sales numbers for the fall. This will probably be good for the continuance of EQ and future campaigns being created.

As to why EQ is getting a 50% bonus I assume they devs have looked at the data on active accounts and where they currently sit and decided 50% was enough. Or maybe they just flipped a coin. :)

I guess the downside is will the high achievers lose some interest in EQ when so many others are maxed out in level and aa too? Hard to say. Part of EQ has been achieving things others haven't, its one of the reasons raiders raid.
  5. Numiko Augur

actually looked a bit closer and noticed EQ is getting 50% for all accounts, EQ2 is just giving the bonus to premium accounts and on Plantside the premium accounts get it longer than the free to play accounts who get cut off on Friday...

if your FTP or Silver its better to be playing EQ then the other two games over the next week I guess.
  6. Behee Augur

Well, I am pretty happy for the bonus experience. Making up a few alts to play up this week, do parts of the hero's journey quests, play in old zones.

Thanks!
    Zujilli and Zaza like this.
  7. Notinterested Augur

Boohoo "We are tired of juice! Bring back the water. I want something completely unprecedented because the free juice is boring!"

Seriously you people need to grow up. Its never good enough for the likes of you no matter what they do.
    Geroblue and Zaza like this.
  8. ModRanger Lorekeeper

Reduced raid lockouts please
    Ratbo Peep likes this.
  9. Sheex Goodnight, Springton. There will be no encores.

The likes of me? It's good to know that you know what's going on in my head via telepathy. Are you like the John Edward of EQ? Blanket ignorant stereotyping is a textbook trait of someone that "needs to grow up"
  10. Elricvonclief Augur

Things have always been harder in EQ! :D
    Ratbo Peep likes this.
  11. Geroblue Augur

Not everyone is 105 like you. Some of us enjoy double xp.
  12. segap Augur

Honestly, anyone that's not maxed out either just started playing (or returned to) a character, has a serious case of altidous, or doesn't really care about leveling to begin with. Exp in this game today is really, really easy. It took me about 12 hours to get from 100 to 105 (no tricks, double exp, potions, power leveling or flipping Gribbles) over about 3-4 days. Even the casualist of players should be able to level up in the course of a month or two. Those of us who have been maxed out for a long time would like some sort of fun bonus as well. There are other things they can do that benefit everyone. It's good to mix it up once and a while. There has been a glut of bonus exp lately.

I'm not going to complain, because I lose nothing from this bonus. But I would enjoy something else.
    Sheex likes this.
  13. Numiko Augur

well maybe your new to EQ and just starting out, and for sure all the exp bonus time will help you catch up.. just that it seems like they might as well bump the exp up 50% permanently the way they have been having all this bonus time lately .
  14. Kellaer Augur

If Holly gets lost in a zone again, we'll get an in-game item that lets us idspispopd every 30 minutes.
  15. Goth Augur

back when eqplayers worked i would still like double exp weekend... working on AA ranking was sorta fun.
  16. Numiko Augur

I just find it ironic .. not 6 months after nurfing exp 75%+ for people over 100 in 90% of the zones in EQ .. . they have been running an almost weekly bonus exp events. :eek:

But then I guess EQ is sort of under new management now. :)
    Silv likes this.
  17. Notinterested Augur

You made your opinion clear enough. You want them to do something they have never done before because you are special.
  18. Laronk Augur

but the exp still sucks in the old zones to make the most of the exp you still want to be in COTF +
  19. Kezik Lorekeeper

Increased drop rate on Purity of Chastity for a week!
    Ferry-Tunare and Sheex like this.
  20. code-zero Augur

I'm betting that the whiners would love them some bonus XP if they could bottom feed on light blue mobs in RoF zones.
    Phrovo1 and Elricvonclief like this.