New Progression Server FAQ and Upcoming Poll Details

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Aristo, Apr 15, 2015.

1. Stageguy Lorekeeper

corrected text:

I would really like to see a corpse summoner NPC for resurrections in the starting cities as well like we have in the guild lobby.
  2. Animosity Elder

Are AA's being unlocked from the beginning or do the start with Luclin?
  3. Soltara Augur

I'm sure it will attract a mix of both. That doesn't fix that raid content problem that I'm sure will happen until PoP/God.
    Fallfyres likes this.
  4. Gwoben Journeyman

We all know it will not work. It was bad on Combine with couple guilds training each other, was much worse on Fippy with multiple guilds p*****ing, training, KSing each other, and that was with some GM monitoring/intervention. I can't imagine what it will be like on the new server without GM support. But it will be worse than Fippy, there is no doubt about it.
  5. Coldsore.Fippy Augur

Voting for Velious at launch is the best way we have to counteract bad raid behavior. I'm disappointed that Daybreak isn't addressing the issue head-on. It almost feels like they have something to gain from the behaviors we saw emerge on Fippy, because of their inability/refusal to say "We don't condone that kind of raiding." We do have the ability, though, to open the server with more raid targets available, and we have the option to keep the vote, which is the only recourse a less-hardcore player/guild has against the players that think the content is there for them and only them.
  6. Croak Augur

Not was... STILL - lots of the access restrictions are broken to this day which greatly affects things like epic 2.0s (still have to camp Anguish signets)

Daybreak Will Make More $$$ With Clicks From Bags Early

I would be a huge fan of click from bags early, on both current progression servers and all new ones (though Fippy will get them in 2 months anyway with VoA)
    We have so many extra loots we are meant to care about that having to free up top level slots for clickies becomes a significant issue, as we then have less bags... well 10 slot mixing bowls / 10 slot toolboxes (that should change too for new progression)

In the SC market there are so many fun items that are clickable for sale = $$$
    People may actually loot heroic armor sets instead of filtering them with new loot system = $$$
    Whilst I may no longer reserve 2 top inventory slots for the most essential clickies, with potions & clickies, armor sets & mounts, you are going to actually sell more bags = $$$
    On the server economy side, especially with the new loot system there will be more tradeskill drops looted so people will need more bags anyway = $$$
    You tend to use more consumable items which helps as a plat sink if you can easily click them from bags.

My biggest incentive to buy VoA as a returning player wasn't new content... as I still had plenty to catch up on, but being able to click stuff from bags.
    Those toons from that time still have 5+ 30+ slot bags, 3 40 slot tradeskill bags etc.

Note also - my 90 SK on Fippy has an archery skill of 5 partially because his ammo slot now has to have a mount clicky due to AA mount changes with mount keyring... which isn't available on Fippy.
  7. Vaclav Augur

Waiting to get a specific camp is one thing, waiting to find more than 2 mobs to kill in a 30 min respawn to get ANY XP is not.

I play a ton, this isn't a worry for me - but for people that have limited playtime - that was a subscription killer on 2.0 (and 1.0 to a lesser extent).

For being so much "about the casuals" you seem to be very loot oriented and don't seem to understand the difference between being locked out of loot and being locked out of ANY PROGRESS WHATSOEVER.
  8. Vaclav Augur

Would be especially great of a name if it starts with a Velious opening.

PS - I guarantee you cut and pasted the name, I've got an amazing memory and I can still always screw up the ijiarn part.
    Maxe likes this.
  9. The Flash Lorekeeper

So rain of fear? lol. What part of they would have to take a ton of extra time to code and patch it to this server do you people not understand? I said it for weeks before this update...now that they said no, you're still begging.

RAF was ridiculous and was removed because it completely removed a giant aspect of the game, leveling. Quit begging for your gimme.
  10. Coldsore.Fippy Augur

Asking for clarification isn't begging. The way other things work, it could have meant out forever, or out until in era (like OoC regen).
  11. vardune Augur

This sounds great i like everything i read. One question will the very over powered newbie armor be in the game like last server?
  12. Benito EQ player since 2001.

Will server transfers off be allowed?

For instance, I see some (including myself) interested in killing Master Yael or PoM then transporting those items to regular servers. Furthermore, it there is a specific ruleset (no transfers off) it would be best to know now.
  13. ggny New Member

Why not just open another Fippy like server for people that want to rush through raiding the expansion and a 2nd new server for people that want slower expansion release. People could play on both to satisfy their needs
  14. MaestroM Augur

I really can't believe what I'm reading.

Are you trying to tell us that you think this server will be different from Fippy just because?
  15. Mezrah Augur

Hmmm

It also conveniently ignores the fact that most of those rotations back in the day were enforced with the help of (server) GM's.
    Fallfyres and Styixi like this.
  16. Rawvale New Member

Bring on the beta!
    Fallfyres likes this.
  17. Numiko Augur

AA's have to work from the start or else SK's Harm Touch and Paladins Lay on hands will not work until they Ding 51... I would suspect you cannot *earn* any more AA's until level 51 though.(and the luclin expansion is enabled)
  18. Mezrah Augur

Aye, the interesting one is origin, I believe it was (originally) added in Omens of War. I don't remember it being on Fippy, but now on Fippy / Vulak you get it at lvl 5.
  19. Shadriel New Member

Actually.... no THIS player base did not. The majority of the players from the original time period have long since stopped playing - there are very, very few of them still around.

Also - as others have pointed out - those schedules were enforced with help from the GM's that don't exist any more. No policing = no schedule. These jerks will continue to be jerks so long as their is no one around to enforce correct behavior. The player community alone has no ability to enforce anything. Our only possible form of control is to just refuse to group with those people, which is a highly limited one as that does not stop them from grouping with each other and terrorizing the rest of the community.
    Fallfyres and Styixi like this.
  20. Soulsavior Elder

SOUNDs Like... a winning idea. One thing was missed was the FAME ELEMENT. The post a pic of the guild who defeats the Boss Mob .. First...

Poll Question 1: Should the new Progression Server require a vote to unlock new expansions after all raid targets have been defeated and the time limit has passed?

This one is pretty simple. Once all raid targets have been defeated and the time limit has passed, do you want people to vote on whether or not to unlock the next expansion? Never don't not vote against what you least dislike!