Forced Raid Rotation - With Double the Spawns

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Lron Server Legend, Apr 4, 2015.

1. Darth Augur

So your idea to remove the strain on the end game is to make the end game stuff drop more regularly and spawn more often?

Do you not understand it's not the desire to get the loot for themselves that drives the toxic behavior, it's the desire to keep other's from getting it as well, so they get to the best.
  2. Hateseeker Augur

The only true solution for that is instancing - supported by SOE's decision to instance so long ago. But since we can only assume that Daybreak considers the toxic behavior to be within acceptable parameters, at least more loot would do something.
    Hendar2 likes this.
  3. Lron Server Legend Augur

Instancing isn't a solution....its not on the table....stop bringing it up.
  4. Toxn Lorekeeper

i am an agent of chaos, i will follow no rotation enless its gm enforced
    Irbax_Smoo and Iila like this.
  5. Lron Server Legend Augur

We just need to know if they would be able to assign a GM to enforce such a thing.
  6. Iila Augur

You want instancing, but instead of the server enforcing lockouts, a 24/7 GM would enforce the lockouts.

A GM from the gutted CS dept that current only sends out form letters telling people to reacquire items through gameplay and to reroll a new character.

Nope. You'll get a server where your petitions for disruption might be read within 1-2 business days, punitive actions probably won't be taken with any reasonable timeframe, if ever.

It'll be spawn camping dps races FOREVER. Training won't even matter because you'll have 70 people sitting on the spawn point, 3 LDCs or polar bears aren't going to do anything to that crowd.
  7. Lron Server Legend Augur

So a GM that has only 1 duty, which is to investigate Raid Rotation Griefers is out of the question in your estimate? That would take a little bit of work at the beginning to make an example of bad apples, but after that, it would run really smooth.

But this is all just wishful thinking until DBG explains if they will have an active GM or not.
  8. Toxn Lorekeeper

[IMG]
    Irbax_Smoo and Iila like this.
  9. Iila Augur

Hahahaha
    If the whole of EQ had one dedicated CS person, it would be an improvement. You want one dedicate CS person for your server?

SoE CS USED to be good. But 80% of them got fired, and now they won't help with anything and just send out form letters within a few days informing you of that.

Here is the list of things EQ CS will help with: "Game Masters are available to assist with errors with the game and/or servers (such as crashes/rollbacks, zone down, etc)"
    Strikethrough on game errors because they won't even help with bugged quests anymore. They'll tell you to post a thread about it and hope a dev fixes it so you can redo the quest.

http://help.soe.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/37732/kw/Cases where Game Masters will not intervene
  10. Iila Augur

Toxn getting all amped for this.
  11. Hateseeker Augur

Is that the same across all games? Although I am not certain that they have any games that are current enough to be a valid comparison, except Planetside 2 but that's not a highly itemized game.
  12. Lron Server Legend Augur

Have you thought about a solution to the problem of hacking and poop socking on this server?

Any alternative ways to fix this?
  13. Kahna Augur

A single GM dedicated to the server will cover what? 8 hours a day Mon -Fri? Off hours it would be just as wild west as ever. You really think that the server is going to generate enough money to pay for a single dedicated GM's salary? It will share GM's with the rest of the servers and issues will take days to be resolved. I have really just given up on the raid scene entirely, or even the "good" group item camps, as those will all be locked down too. I'm already planning for the least gear dependent duo I can muster and maybe I will get to see stuff when it's no longer relevant.
  14. Toxn Lorekeeper

make naggy only spawn on a epic turn in so, you cant pop sock it gota only kill it when your on the step
  15. Lron Server Legend Augur

If there is not going to be an effort to ban hackers or enforce a raid rotation, we just need to be told that and start an effort to appoint our own server police to combat these people.
  16. Toxn Lorekeeper

if you made the spawn off an epic turnin even if naggy spawned normally guilds could raid it whenever they got time so they would not have to sock and made it not repeatable
  17. Kahna Augur

Server police? That's cute. What are you going to do? Write them a strongly worded message to stop their bad behavior?
    Irbax_Smoo likes this.
  18. Lron Server Legend Augur

You really dont know how I became so famous do you? I know how to police a server and run hackers off.
  19. Toxn Lorekeeper

we could hold elections for server police!
  20. Toxn Lorekeeper

you never played fippy did you